MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is what took place linda? How many witnesses said this, has he finally come out the woodwork, or is he still hiding? I am very confused. That boy did all of that and got six shots, one to the head??? Def equal

The brown family lawyer stated the hand wound was a close contact wound.

A shot was fired while officer Wilson was still in the vehicle.

Police do not have heat seeking boomerang bullets ..if he was running away, he would have been shot in the back.

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OT (actually, both on and off topic) -- for anyone wanting a break from all of this, here is a song about a LE-related killing -- it makes no judgements, but it's a beautiful song -- and please let me know if you disagree:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxKTzwaEa2o

Lyrics:
Said Red Molly to James that's a fine motorbike
A girl could feel special on any such like
Said James to Red Molly, my hat's off to you
It's a Vincent Black Lightning, 1952
And I've seen you at the corners and cafes it seems
Red hair and black leather, my favourite colour scheme
And he pulled her on behind
And down to Boxhill they did ride

Said James to Red Molly, here's a ring for your right hand
But I'll tell you in earnest I'm a dangerous man
I've fought with the law since I was seventeen
I robbed many a man to get my Vincent machine
Now I'm 21 years, I might make 22
And I don't mind dying, but for the love of you
And if fate should break my stride
Then I'll give you my Vincent to ride

Come down, come down, Red Molly, called Sergeant McRae
For they've taken young James Adie for armed robbery
Shotgun blast hit his chest, left nothing inside
Oh, come down, Red Molly to his dying bedside
When she came to the hospital, there wasn't much left
He was running out of road, he was running out of breath
But he smiled to see her cry
And said I'll give you my Vincent to ride

Says James, in my opinion, there's nothing in this world
Beats a 52 Vincent and a red headed girl
Now Nortons and Indians and Greeveses won't do
They don't have a soul like a Vincent 52
He reached for her hand and he slipped her the keys
He said I've got no further use for these
I see angels on Ariels in leather and chrome
Swooping down from heaven to carry me home
And he gave her one last kiss and died
And he gave her his Vincent to ride

I think it is a good statement and I agree. Justice for Michael Brown is important. At this point that means a fair and real investigation that is transparent and open.I think that they have screwed so much up since the beginning they need to make sure from here on out they acknowledge MB death correctly and make sure there really is justice in this case.

Then I wish that had been made clear because many took the statement the way I did, that it has already been determined that the shooting was what it has been presented as since day one by the family - summary execution.

Thats sad, cus ill be dammed if my son was shot dead, over him cursing out a police officer. Do what the hell u want, but do not shoot him 6 times because u feel him and everybody else is scum...Not buying it lol

I respect your differing POV on this one. We have posted together on other cases and I have always appreciated your posts. Right now I can feel your frustration and anger on this case. At first I was outraged by the limited info that was out on this shooting. It seemed clear cut. A rogue racists cop shooting an unarmed kid who was submissive and had hands up. But when the autopsy report came out I kind of fell of that fence to believe that version of events was not possible. The male speaking in the background on the video taken by neighbor just after the shooting told a very different account of what he claimed to have just witnessed.

So you were there? All facts out, cus i am lost then...co tell

I know this was not addressed to my post but wanted to say, no, I don't think I know all the facts nor was I there, I simply believe the alleged witness heard on that video combined with the autopsy results as described by Dr. Baden who the family hired to do their autopsy shows that the officer may well have been protecting himself from a young man of considerable size and strength rushing at him and refusing to stop that aggressive action. I completely disbelieve the account of his friend because it simply does not make sense to me. But the man heard in the background of the video, I found his account more believable, sensible and it seemed a genuine excited utterance to me, therefore more likely to be true.

Jake Tapper on CNN stated that Eric Holder had a meeting set up for tomorrow evening with MB's parents. It is part of his scheduled meetings. He is meeting with the investigators, the DA, and the Browns, according to CNN.

WaPo: "On Wednesday, Holder will meet with community leaders and be briefed on the federal investigation, by FBI officials and prosecutors from the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division."

Thats sad, cus ill be dammed if my son was shot dead, over him cursing out a police officer. Do what the hell u want, but do not shoot him 6 times because u feel him and everybody else is scum...Not buying it lol

So then let us figure out the first part: what type of action is where the line in the sand is drawn? Clearly for you, it is not cursing out an officer. Okay. What if he spit on the officer? What if he axe-kicked him? What if he tried to get the officers gun? What if he punched the officer in the face and broke his eye socket? What if he slammed the police car shut and wouldn't let LE out?

Point being----at what point does our LE get to say that is enough and at what point does he defend himself. He's not going to do an arm wrestling match or kickbox, you know that.

Now onto the second part of your statement that I'm a bit confused over----the six shot thing you keep mentioning. I don't see what that has to do with anything. It could have been one bullet that killed MB or twenty.

LE wanted him killed due to MB's behavior and actions. Very simple.

That's part of LE's job.

Sorry, I am talking about the people walking looking to be heard. That is all they want. To know they are being heard and acknowledged. Some one to say, We are here for you.

Jmo. That is where I think the huge gap is. I am looking at this situation- just the shooting of a man. But others are looking at what they believe the shooting symbolizes. With the evidence provided to date, my opinion is that this was not LE being racist. I think we should separate this shooting from the concerns and feelings the community has voiced and move forward. Even have separate threads. One for the MB case, one for the rioters and opportunists, and one for the protestors and their actions and goals. Jmo

Second, a vigorous prosecution must now be pursued.

Not sure why he thinks that should be done when the investigation isn't completed yet. jmo

By saying that "a vigorous prosecution must now be pursued" Gov Nixon is calling for officer Wilson to be charged with murder. I don't know how else to interpret this. Its disgraceful for a Governor to be calling for charges when everything that we know about this case so far tells us the killing was justifiable self-defense. The fact that Officer Wilson sustained a serious facial injury is proof enough in my mind that his life was in danger.

I am squarely on the fence. I really don't know what I think about this at this point. I do think that justice means a fair and just outcome and a transparent prosecution or investigation.

I am trying to picture this in my neighborhood and what it would feel like for me. I can not fault them for wanting to be heard. The bad eggs are the ones that need to be handled but I think that the majority of people just want to see things done fairly.

Pass the duchy on the left hand side......

I have a question please. If they appoint a special prosecutor.Does Officer Wilson's case go to trial before a Trial jury?

Sorry, I am talking about the people walking looking to be heard. That is all they want. To know they are being heard and acknowledged. Some one to say, We are here for you.

That's why government meetings allow time for the public to be heard, imo. This fiasco is not productive, imo.

I am soo behind but. Was trying to post in regard to Holder visit and the thread closed. You guys are just moving way too fast for me...

the DOJ has no role in the primary aspect of this case-whether the killing was justified or if it was criminal under MO law. In these high profile cases, the role of the DOJ is to determine whether the civil rights of the decedent were violated. Naturally, that charge involves a similar analysis, but focused on whether the killing was unlawful and based on race. I don't see the DOJ acting at all unless the local DA fails to get an indictment and/or something happens so the case fails to go to trial or maybe even if the officer ends up being acquitted. He can't be tried again for the shooting but he can be tried for federal civil rights violations.

I also don't think the DOJ will proceed in any way against the officer if it is clearly demonstrated that this was a legal shooting. As far as I know the FBI and DOJ routinely review such police shootings and seldom brings actions. Some states, like WI may mandate an outside review of police involved shootings-I haven't heard that MO has such a requirement.

Statement of Eric Holder http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/2014/August/14-ag-873.html

He is going to Ferguson to

He does not say anything about meeting with protestors, family, activists, community leaders etc. That sounds right. He should not and I don't believe he will make any statement that could be contrued as taking up for one side or the other. He may make a statement intended to calm the community, about the process being undertaken and investigation proceeding, etc. It would be highly irresponsible to make any statement relative to the underlying issue of whether the officer's use of force was justified.

ITA. He also says this: The selective release of sensitive information that we have seen in this case so far is troubling to me.

Jmo. That is where I think the huge gap is. I am looking at this situation- just the shooting of a man. But others are looking at what they believe the shooting symbolizes. With the evidence provided to date, my opinion is that this was not LE being racist. I think we should separate this shooting from the concerns and feelings the community has voiced and move forward. Even have separate threads. One for the MB case, one for the rioters and opportunists, and one for the protestors and their actions and goals. Jmo
Where the heck would I put the tweets? :lol:

CNN- Spike Lee pontificating is making my head ache. He doesn't know the facts. Portraying the reason for the shooting as being that he stole some cigars. He has no clue there may have been a struggle and ACooper is not setting him straight on the facts.
He hopes things really blow up if the people aren't happy with the outcome of the trial. Hello, Spike: 1. there isn't a trial that we know of 2. He hopes things blow up? Nice.
So irresponsible.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members