Missing pregnant Shanann Watts and her two daughter's bodies found, husband arrested
Join the latest discussion

MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #7

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Blue_Dolphin308, Aug 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue_Dolphin308

Blue_Dolphin308 We can't help everyone, But everyone can help some

The fatal shooting of an unarmed black teenager Saturday by a police officer in a St. Louis suburb came after a struggle for the officer’s gun, police officials said Sunday, in an explanation that met with outrage and skepticism in the largely African-American community.The killing of the youth, Michael Brown, 18, ignited protests on Saturday and Sunday in Ferguson, Mo., a working-class suburb of about 20,000 residents. Hundreds of people gathered at the scene of the shooting to question the police and to light candles for Mr. Brown, who was planning to begin college classes on Monday.
    Mr. Brown’s stepfather, Louis Head, held a cardboard sign that said, “Ferguson police just executed my unarmed son.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/11/us/police-say-mike-brown-was-killed-after-struggle-for-gun.html

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?253372-Police-shooting-of-unarmed-teenager-Michael-Brown-St-Louis&p=10861113&posted=1#post10861113

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-teen-Michael-Brown-2&p=10867195#post10867195

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Thread #5

Thread #6

2. Kimster

Kimster Former Member

:modstop:

A couple of things:

1) We are not going to allow links to blogs in this case without prior approval. And approvals will be tough to get.

2) Posts directed at other posters rather than the case will earn a TO without explanation. If you have a problem with another member, use the alert feature and scroll on by OR use the ignore feature and keep it to yourself

3. LambChop

LambChop Former Member

Please continue posting here...... :findinglink: Remember to include your links.

4. SStarr33

SStarr33 Inactive

5. popsicle

popsicle faith hope love

Oh I am sure, I was just digging it up because ppl were scratching their heads trying to remember it. :)

TWEET CORRECTION: Two lead prosecutors tomorrow, one is African-American woman. AG did not comment on jury. Apologies.

6. bettybaby00

bettybaby00 New Member

Thanks for the new thread :)

I was about to reply to this and saw the thread was about to close

This was a comment asking about Wilson being hit/assaulted/punched. I'm not sure which word was used in the original comment.

The Brown's lawyer has pretty much admitted this.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2014/08/18/michael-brown-shooting-autopsy-fight-car

Last night Parks was on and said it again, and stopped mid sentence when it seemed he was going to say MB hit Wilson.

To me, if they are admitting "strong interaction" between the 2 then it happened, and I have to wonder if it was even worse then the way he's willing to present the info.

7. Observer in AZ

Observer in AZ New Member

I'm so glad I thought about my buddies on websleuths I've been lost floating across the Twitterverse.. really scary place!

Running to dentist bbl can't wait to catch up on threads!

8. Ladylub

Ladylub Active Member

Sorry for the quote not sure how to do it from the other thread.

I think with this case they would have to bring it before the GJ b/c of how it's played out so far, even if Wilson is innocent. Way to many hands in the cookie jar from the start.

9. TheDuchess

TheDuchess Well-Known Member

Here is one truth I see as a fact (IMO) to start things rolling:

Had the officer not fired on MB, the outcome would have been a dead cop. (IMO)

10. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Active Member

Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. popsicle

popsicle faith hope love

Agree. Or it would be like Angela Corey and Zimmerman... a special prosecutor being brought in.

12. Yoda

Yoda Master

SMH. Do they really think MB died with his hands up surrendering?
    UNC is where minds are supposed to be opened. I'm going to be sick. Jmo

http://instagram.com/p/r7UzOctxx8/

13. DebinGA

DebinGA New Member

14. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Active Member

Msmbc is going to have a "police official" give Officers Wilson's side after commercial break!!!

15. CoolJ

CoolJ Well-Known Member

<modsnip>Folks, it is quite obvious that there is a campaign from those supporting officer Wilson to justify this killing <modsnip>Yes, it is possible that it was a justified shooting, but just as possible it is going to be found that it was not. The only facts are that this boy was shot at least 6 times and died. We do not know from how far away he was shot, what position he was in when shot, where is hands were, what he was saying, what the officer was saying to him etc..<modsnip> Just as we are expecting the protesters to wait for the facts, we ourselves should wait for the facts before we give officer Wilson a medal for gunning down a KID.

16. bettybaby00

bettybaby00 New Member

This is what I find interesting to consider:

Many have stated that if MB & DJ had just moved along to the sidewalk this would have never evolved the way it did.

Let's say they did...would have another officer come along, and stopped MB and DJ again b/c they fit the BOLO?

The strong armed robbery plays a central role IMO no matter how you look at it.

17. CHERIE.T

CHERIE.T Former Member

PAPERDOLL :loveyou:
    So glad to see you.
    Bringing your post from the last thread over..it deserves a re-post. :)

bbm

18. popsicle

popsicle faith hope love

19. bwt42

bwt42 Active Member

I agree. It might not be the bravest move. Because of the heated nature of this case, the prosecutor, even if he did not think there was enough to charge could drop it in the GJ's lap.

20. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Active Member

President of FOP
    Sgt. Kevin Ahlbrand.
    On msnbc
    Now...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.