MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #8

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Blue_Dolphin308, Aug 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lovejac

Lovejac Well-Known Member

2. KEVINinTO

KEVINinTO Former Member

If it proven that MB did in fact attempt to grab Wilson's firearm we can reasonably conclude that MB was killed as a result of his attempt to kill a police officer. If that is the case I don't think MB could be considered a "true victim". He simply becomes a decedent and other than his family and friends I cannot fathom why anyone would feel sorry about his loss of life.

3. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

I NEVER said this was one isolated incident. I will not pretend that blacks are always treated fairly, or politely by LE. [ nor vice-versa]

But choosing Michael Brown as their poster boy for innocent victim is a big mistake. This was most likely a justified use of force, and MB was the aggressor, after committing a felony. So the protestors look foolish, imo, if they hang their hats on THIS PARTICULAR CASE. jmo

4. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ On Time Out

Yeah, well I consider myself rather brilliant.... Then I turn on jeopardy....and feel like a moron. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ On Time Out

I feel sorry for him now.
    So young, threw his entire life away ...and for what?

IMO

6. Frydaddy

Frydaddy Former Member

So Wilson should pay for the sins of all bad cops?

7. Gardenlady

Gardenlady Active Member

Because we all get to pick when we have finally had enough??

8. Lovejac

No way would I insult the parents. Their son is dead. I have 3 boys and can't imagine their grief.

9. Lovejac

:giggle: Good thing that 'h' is there :giggle:

10. Gardenlady

Gardenlady Active Member

Maybe what needs to be corrected is cops thinking the best way to deal with cocky, mouthy teens is with a gun??

11. Wysteria

Wysteria Member

BBM, I agree. As to the reason why? Refer to some of my posts (and other members posts). I'm attempting not to repeat myself over and over. Great post, thank you.

12. CoolJ

CoolJ Well-Known Member

Yes, you may be right, it may have been the governor. Holder did say however that he stands with the people of Ferguson.

13. Frydaddy

Frydaddy Former Member

Agree with this. What did you do with each time you were dealt with disrespectfully, if I may ask?

14. Blue_Dolphin308

Blue_Dolphin308 We can't help everyone, But everyone can help some

Not sure how much help i will be in transcribing live feeds, still in a ton of pain... Will try my best

15. popsicle

popsicle faith hope love

16. Minette

Minette New Member

I am right there with you up until the point that the cocky mouthy teen gets physical with the cop.

17. TheDuchess

TheDuchess Well-Known Member

THINGS THAT DO NOT PERTAIN TO THIS CASE:
    1.) Any other cases where blacks have been unjustly
    2.) The demographics of the Ferguson Police Department
    3.) Michael's age
    4.) Michael's nor Wilson's race
    5.) Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Governor Nixon, Eric Holder or Barrack Obama
    6.) The media
    7.) Any of us here

WHAT DOES MATTER TO THIS CASE:
    1.) Was Officer Wilson justified in shooting Michael Brown, i.e., did he have reasonable fear of immediate bodily harm or death?

18. CARIIS

CARIIS Spelling Bee Winner - Kindergarden!

IMO we need to be careful of taking the notion that Le and the judicial system is the end all say all. We have to be honest with oursleves. It is not a justice system, nor one about guilt or innocne.

It is a legal system and there is a huge differnce - it is playing games taking pleas before any authentic even look at guilt or innocense

It is defense attornies that pretty daily , go to work knowing that they are playing legal games not a real cconcern about getting an innocent person off

it is much more about socio ecomic status about who gets more innocent conclsuions, better pleas.
    It is big bussiness, with everyone real goal is to either clear the dockets or make room for another retainer by gently encouraging folks to plea out, becasue although they cant say for sure , most of the time the defendant gets the well the statue says it could be punished by 5 years in prison

It is riddled wiht curruption its like a football game the prosctor gets points for guilty regardless of the truth and the defense attorney score board is his bank account .

[h=2]DNA Exonerations Nationwide[/h][Print Version]
    There have been 317 post-conviction DNA exonerations in the United States.

• The first DNA exoneration took place in 1989. Exonerations have been won in 38 states; since 2000, there have been 250 exonerations.
    • 18 of the 317 people exonerated through DNA served time on death row. Another 16 were charged with capital crimes but not sentenced to death.
    • The average length of time served by exonerees is 13.5 years. The total number of years served is approximately 4,249.
    • The average age of exonerees at the time of their wrongful convictions was 27.
    Races of the 317 exonerees:
    199 African Americans
    94 Caucasians
    22 Latinos
    2 Asian American
    http://www.innocenceproject.org/Content/DNA_Exonerations_Nationwide.php

A nationwide push by prosecutors and police to re-examine possible wrongful convictions contributed to a record number of exonerations in 2013, according to a report released Tuesday.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/record-number-of-wrongful-convictions-overturned-in-2013/

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- About 10,000 people in the United States may be wrongfully convicted of serious crimes each year, a new study suggests.

he study also found that the most important factor leading to wrongful conviction is eyewitness misidentification.

Wrongful convictions undermine public confidence in the judicial system and should be viewed with alarm, said Huff

http://researchnews.osu.edu/archive/ronhuff.htm

Its about $$$$$$, sadly .

19. Observer in AZ

Observer in AZ New Member

I may respectfully somewhat agree with you.. MB was a victim of a counter culture that we as Americans have chosen to apathetically accept and not challenge with truth.

My mother used to say 'You can be poor but you don't have to be dirty, soap only cost pennies' something she learned from her Grandmother.

She'd say this meaning just because you don't have money you can't have pride and respect for what you have take care of things and yourself and you can do that with smallest investment.

Not a slur but a mantra we don't have to be seen a mess have respect be respectful. My mother also ate hot dog gravy on white bread only meat they had, she only had 9th grade education she dropped out to get married felt a burden on her Grandmother who was raising her because their mom left with her mother while she took off after a man.. Oh did I mention white family in the 60's but my mother knew every generation wants the next to have it better..

MB was victim of counter culture.

20. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ On Time Out

Agree 100%

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.