MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #8

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Blue_Dolphin308, Aug 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phoebeb

Phoebeb Active Member

I hate that they are calling for the DA to step down. The state senator started that. The man can't be ousted from his job because his father was killed by a black man in 1964. That is not fair. imo

The

2. Kimster

Kimster Former Member

Discussing the families is not allowed, other than their comments in the MSM about the case. :nono:

3. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

:floorlaugh:

4. Observer in AZ

Observer in AZ New Member

Sorry if I was an offender.

5. popsicle

popsicle faith hope love

6. CHERIE.T

CHERIE.T Former Member

bbm
    Well said Duchess.

7. Observer in AZ

Larry Elder I like him the Sage of South Central.

8. Kimster

Kimster Former Member

No worries. I see you're already wearing "the cone". :kimsterwink:

9. Observer in AZ

Wow Larry Elder vs Van Jones on CNN

10. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ On Time Out

Dare I say, Jesse looked a tad nervous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. bwt42

bwt42 Former Member

I have not made up my mind on guilt or innocence. I have not defended DW or demonized MB. That said, I feel DW has been treated unfairly in the media & I can understand posters venting their anger on WS.

12. Blue_Dolphin308

Blue_Dolphin308 We can't help everyone, But everyone can help some

Going to bed, pain is too intense, hoping for calm nights and cool heads to prevail. Night all

13. noZme

noZme Well-Known Member

Many years ago in Tallahassee FL, I was involved in a minor traffic accident with a little old grandmotherly lady who argued with the officers. She was clearly at fault, but could not be made to understand. When she realized that she was dealing with Tallahassee Police, I never shall forget her exclamation, "You called police? I always use the highway patrol for my wrecks!" The cop shook his head & under his breath he said to me & another officer, "This is why I left St Pete" & if you know anything about the demographics of FL you'll understand that. He then told the lady " There is only one set of laws & we all use them."

About the controversy over Mcullough, we all go by the same laws. Solicitor, judge, jury - white, black, lime-green with purple polka dots - shouldn't matter. We all go by the same laws.

14. Observer in AZ

Hmm CNN Don Lennon, Larry Elder & Van Jones discussing case interesting the POVs

Even though Lennon suppose to just report but ya know interesting

15. 1&2&3

1&2&3 Well-Known Member

Why give the other side any insight into Officer Wilson's side of the story? It is going to be ripped apart and dispelled a thousand times over.

Look at what we currently know and how witness' have changed their stories. It is like the witness who can tell the best story that proves to be the closest to the truth, will hit the jackpot with a tabloid when all is said and done.

It would not surprise me if Officer Wilson has to be given a new identification and leave the Missouri area. It does not seem possible he can safely remain in Missouri. So sad and such a shame. A man just doing his job; a smart mouth teenager with no respect for his superiors!

Just my opinion

16. Wysteria

Wysteria Member

BBM.
    I firmly believe that they (the "protestors" and others) indeed do believe that justice means a conviction for Wilson. It's so sad.

For me, taking responsibility for your own actions is paramount in this incident.

Later on, I will try to compose a post that perhaps/hopefully can be helpful for you to come understand what is being said on this forum. A personal story regarding my Dad growing up in South Philly. I'm not attempting to change your opinion; just to understand "peoples opinions why" BBM

Additionally, I don't think that these "protestors" should be there in the first place; at least, until things calm down.

Yes, is it a constitutional right to "protest". However, please try to at least consider what has happened so far in these "protests". Rioting, looting, deaths, throwing urine on LE, throwing Molotov cocktails on LE, children and pregnant women are at these "protests", 2 guns found in a car that were intended to shoot and kill LE, and a squillion other things that have happened thus far.

As I have said, I respect the opinions that you have shared so far; even though I strongly disagree with them. I also respect your earnest attempts to understand what has been stated on this forum from those who disagree with you.

That is why websleuths is so awesome, in that we have the privilege to discuss this incident in a respectful, polite manner. A privilege that is sorely lacking on other forums; which is why I am a member here.

I haven't provided any links and will do so if asked.

17. Phoebeb

Phoebeb Active Member

Not sure, but I thought that was the story that Gateway Pundit came out with, then other media picked up on it. They just said a "source" told them orbital blowout.

18. TheDuchess

TheDuchess Well-Known Member

19. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ On Time Out

This^^

That would be being productive!!!

Where are Jesse and Al ? Why aren't they leading with possible solutions? A town hall productive meeting? Where are the local politicians?

Hmmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. EvilSoup

EvilSoup Former Member

As a pasty white WASP, I want to say I appreciate you sharing your experience/perspective.

I think of all the times at stores like Walmart, where I have my receipt in hand, prepared to give it to the checker so she can verify I purchased everything in my cart, only to be waved on because I don't "look" like a shoplifter. Or getting pulled over for speeding and being given a "warning" rather than the ticket I probably deserved.

I should be more thankful of the passes I have been given in my life. And I do not say that to make light of your experience, but to acknowledge it.

This may sound cheesy, but there was a movie called "White Man's Burden" with John Travolta. Maybe early 90's? Anyhoo, the premise was your typical story of the bias towards the "lower" classes, only in this movie, the socio-economic elite were primarily people of color, while the disenfranchised were mostly white. Same scenarios played out as those in real life, but it was really weird, as a middle-class white woman, to see the races reversed. In fact, it made me angry. And then I thought, "what if that were my REALITY and not some movie?"

See, we AREN'T the same. Our experiences shape us, and a big part of our experience is due to our race/ethnicity/location. Not to say that we don't all have challenges, but until I have walked a day in, for instance, your shoes, I cannot appreciate where you are coming from in terms of viewpoint. I can try to understand, and hear what you have to say, but that is not me living your life.

I guess that is why talking about racial issues is important and like another poster said, I have never been afraid to engage in a discussion about it. That's how we learn about one another. Pretending that we do not see our diversity is just silly, IMO.

Sorry for the O/T but I think if we had more open discourse about race, then it would be a non-issue and fall flat as a defense in cases like these.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.