GUILTY MO - Hailey Owens, 10, Springfield, 18 Feb 2014 #3

I believe to get at a lot of where CMW has been has to be done with the "back story" of his father. NOT that his father is anywhere involved or responsible for this crime. But where CMW has lived and been. To map out any other past crimes he may have been involved. As in when was the "family farm" inherited. How long has he had access to that property, and in what time frame?

Today is the day that poor Hailey will be laid to rest. I believe it is time to unearth the family history of CMW and any possible secrets that have been buried.

These can be done by personal background checks (not through casenet) , credit checks (showing prior addresses) , and such. I don't know how to do them but I think it could be a beginning.

Some one inquired about financial compensation for Hailey's family up-thread (if I remember correctly).

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/funer...s-to-be-celebration-of-life/21048998_24645990
KY3 News - Springfield, MO -- 2/24/14

Funeral service for Hailey Owens will be 'celebration of life'
The visitation will be on Tuesday with the funeral the following day

Snipped:

The Missouri Victims Compensation Fund is covering for most of the service costs, according to Adams, with Greenlawn Funeral Home paying for all other expenses.

Above bolded by AnnTx

Hello Everyone,

I have been following this forum and thread and a new poster. I live about 20 miles from Springfield and just a few miles from Ash Grove. Just last year, we lost Audriaunna Horton in Golden City, Mo. Within an hour she was abducted, body found and murderer arrested. Now, Hailey. It is disgusting and just heartbreaking. CW is very perplexing. 45y/o and a relatively clean record. Has someone been using money to clean up after him? It seems as though everything else has been provided for him. It seems he felt very confident in taking Hailey to his home - knowing the clean up that would be involved? It appears that taking her there was not out of desperation because that was his plan as evidenced by the prior purchases of bleach. I am wondering if anyone would happen to know the specifics for JDW's teaching career? I am presuming CW was pulled into the Springfield educational system through his retired teacher (social studies/coach) father. On Facebook, JDW is referenced (I think) as faculty at Missouri State University. When questioned by LE, one of CW's alibis was that he was driving near Missouri State? I have heard "talk" that JDW retired from the Springfield educational system. If so, which schools was he affiliated? Also, at Missouri Case.net - the defendant's address is shown as Ash Grove - not Springfield - why? CW's role as supervisor for kids in trouble (suspensions) is quite worrisome. Many times, it is the troubled ones that are looking for a "friend". Now that CW is locked up, I'm hoping others will feel secure enough to come forward to help the prosecution.

My apologies for rambling, thank you in advance for listening to the wheels turn.

Hi Bookkeeper, welcome to the thread.

Ash Grove is where CW's parents live (rural area northwest of Springfield). Not sure, though, why defendant's address is listed as there, though at the beginning of court proceedings his parents had hired an atty, so the addresses might have gotten mixed up.

I didn't know JW taught at MSU. Did hear that he was a highly respected high school teacher. Craig Wood attended MSU between 1986 and Dec 1992, when he graduated with a bachelor's degree in psych (minor in criminal justice). Don't know if Craig could be 'pulled into' the Springfield public school system based on his dad's record there (he was only hired as a substitute teacher and later, teacher-aide--and to be honest, the need for someone who can coach as well is often a big swing factor in hiring teachers). It sounds like Springfield did more than the required by law background checks, and apart from the college-era drug charge, his record was pretty clean.

Thanks for coming in here as a local; all of us are hurting for your town and Hailey's family.

02/25/2014 Preliminary Hearing Scheduled
Scheduled For: 04/23/2014; 1:15 PM ; JASON R BROWN; Greene

Criminal Setting Scheduled
Scheduled For: 03/19/2014; 9:00 AM ; JASON R BROWN; Greene

Judge/Clerk - Note
CASE RECEIVED IN DIV 22. 3/19 REMAINS. PRELIMINARY HEARING RESET TO 04-23-14 AT 1:15 PM. JRB/jlf
According to mo.gov.casenet

jggordo, I know you got your info from an official site. KY3News has the following article on their website.

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/new-judge-is-assigned-to-craig-woods-murder-case/21048998_24669632
KY3 - Springfield, MO 2/2/14

POSTED: 05:24 PM CST Feb 25, 2014 UPDATED: 07:14 PM CST Feb 25, 2014

New judge is assigned to Craig Wood's murder case

Wood is accused of kidnapping and murdering a 10-year-old girl, Hailey Owens.

Snipped:

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -
A judge granted a defense attorney’s motion for a new judge for the case of a man accused of killing a girl last week. Greene County Associate Circuit Judge Dan Imhof, who presided last Friday at the initial court appearance for Craig Wood, took himself off the case. It’s now assigned to Associate Circuit Judge Jason Brown.

Are we now sleuthing CW's father? :(

I am not suggesting that in the way you are implying, id I understand your question correctly. However my point is, that if using his father's address down to including these court proceedings, in order to accurately see where HE has been and is...is to I guess as you put it sleuth his father.

jggordo, I know you got your info from an official site. KY3News has the following article on their website.

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/new-judge-is-assigned-to-craig-woods-murder-case/21048998_24669632
KY3 - Springfield, MO 2/2/14

POSTED: 05:24 PM CST Feb 25, 2014 UPDATED: 07:14 PM CST Feb 25, 2014

New judge is assigned to Craig Wood's murder case

Wood is accused of kidnapping and murdering a 10-year-old girl, Hailey Owens.

Snipped:

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -
A judge granted a defense attorney’s motion for a new judge for the case of a man accused of killing a girl last week. Greene County Associate Circuit Judge Dan Imhof, who presided last Friday at the initial court appearance for Craig Wood, took himself off the case. It’s now assigned to Associate Circuit Judge Jason Brown.

Do we know he took himself off or why the defense wanted him off?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk now Free

Eerie parallels with BTK:

BTK (Dennis Rader) was 29 at the time of his first kill, which was a family of four, home invasion. Rader subdued them all by himself. This is not actually an "eerie parallel" but illustrates that perhaps Wood could have subdued the Springfield Three all by himself in his twenties.

BTK studied criminal justice at Wichita State; Wood studied criminal justice at Southwest Missouri State if I'm not mistaken.

BTK came from a nice family no one would have expected to harbor a monster.

Springfield and Wichita are similar towns (in my opinion) only 250 miles apart. OK, Wichita is about 2.5 times as large. Surprisingly prosperous even considering the economic roller coaster we've been on in the last few decades. Crack police forces. People are salt of the earth.

When BTK was caught he had led such a double life almost no one could believe it was him.

And one difference: BTK loved to taunt the police. I don't believe Wood has ever taunted the police or acted like "look at my handiwork" and I don't know of any mysterious taunting of the police and public about the Springfield Three (if Wood did the Springfield Three)

CS's father's career may have at some point incorporated time at possibly Kickapoo HS -giving CW familiarity with Kickapoo students. Then, that makes me wonder about the Springfield 3.

I'm not implying that CW's father had a direct hand in Hailey's murder, but I do find it hard to believe that CW's parents didn't know that "something" wasn't quite right with their son.

If anyone wants to see how much love and support has for her family, go to the KSPR website, they published pictures from the events that happened this weekend and the turnout was HUGE. Someone commented on one of the pictures that was taken Saturday night when there was estimated 10,000 people on the streets that it looked like NY Times Square on New Years Eve. How awesome for this town to show so much support. Proud to say that I live here and people did not turn their backs on this.

I believe to get at a lot of where CMW has been has to be done with the "back story" of his father. NOT that his father is anywhere involved or responsible for this crime. But where CMW has lived and been. To map out any other past crimes he may have been involved. As in when was the "family farm" inherited. How long has he had access to that property, and in what time frame?

Today is the day that poor Hailey will be laid to rest. I believe it is time to unearth the family history of CMW and any possible secrets that have been buried.

These can be done by personal background checks (not through casenet) , credit checks (showing prior addresses) , and such. I don't know how to do them but I think it could be a beginning.

I just posted this on the Springfield Three thread (the address you wondered about for 1992 was correct), and it's interesting to note that he did live within 20 minutes of key addresses in both these cases:

•1717 E Delmar St, Springfield, MO 65804 = where the 2 girls returned about 2:30 PM and were abducted from, along with Suzie's mom

• Missouri State University (Sammons Student Center) = where the girls' graduation was held that evening (left there around 6 PM) and where CMW attended school in 1992

• 1583 E Stanford St, Springfield, MO 65804 = Wood's 2014 address (and where Hailey's body was found)

• 2283 E Mirabeau St, Springfield, MO 65804 = (Craig Wood's address in 1992, confirmed)

• 1500 block E Hanover St, Springfield, MO 65804 = location of party girls last attended 1:30 -2:00; LE broke it up (drunken, loud); girls then returned to Suzie's mom's home (unannounced) at Delmar address after a quick stop at friend Janelle's enroute[/QUOTE]

Is there still DNA that can be tested regarding the Springfield 3?

Do we know he took himself off or why the defense wanted him off?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk now Free

It was one of three motions filed last Friday at first court appearance; defense requested a change of judge. Don't know why, but logical to assume some perceived conflict of interest.

I found this on KSPR:

Because of the change of judge, two hearings scheduled by Imhof are canceled. One was a hearing on March 19 to consider motions by prosecutors and defense attorneys and the other was a preliminary hearing on April 7. Brown will reschedule those hearings.

Wood is represented by a public defender even though a prosecutor thinks Wood may have a million-dollar trust fund that he could use to pay a private attorney. The public defender says that’s none of the prosecutor’s business, and says Wood properly applied for a public defender and had his application approved.

Associate circuit court judges in felony cases rule whether there’s enough evidence to send cases to trial. Those judges also decide on appropriate bonds for defendants who are awaiting trial.

To avoid confusion re his Springfield and Marshfield history, it should probably be mentioned that CMW grew up with 2 area addresses - the one in Springfield on Mirabeau St., and also a larger, rural property in Marshfield on Elm St (which is why he was eligible to attend and graduate from Marshfield High School). The church where he was altar boy (Holy Trinity Catholic Church) was also in Marshfield. I'm guessing the Marshfield address was where the family trotter horse business began (prior to the Ash Grove location).

I am thinking that the farm in Ash Grove was probably owned by CMW's grandparents, (JDW's parents) where a will was filed after JHW's death (according to casenet.mo filings) JDW's address at that time was on Mirabeau, as well as both boys. As far as I can tell. That was in 1992. It could be the property in Marshfield may have been from their mother's side of the family, I'm not sure.

http://www.news-leader.com/article/...S-FUNERAL-SPRINGFIELD-MISSOURI?nclick_check=1
Springfield News-Leader --- Springfield, MO - 2/26/14

'Rest easy' Hailey ...Crowd formed before 10-year-old's funeral

bilde

Supporters of Hailey Owens and her family line Republic Road next to Ridgecrest Baptist Church. / Nathan Papes/News-Leader

Hello Everyone,

I have been following this forum and thread and a new poster. I live about 20 miles from Springfield and just a few miles from Ash Grove. Just last year, we lost Audriaunna Horton in Golden City, Mo. Within an hour she was abducted, body found and murderer arrested. Now, Hailey. It is disgusting and just heartbreaking. CW is very perplexing. 45y/o and a relatively clean record. Has someone been using money to clean up after him? It seems as though everything else has been provided for him. It seems he felt very confident in taking Hailey to his home - knowing the clean up that would be involved? It appears that taking her there was not out of desperation because that was his plan as evidenced by the prior purchases of bleach. I am wondering if anyone would happen to know the specifics for JDW's teaching career? I am presuming CW was pulled into the Springfield educational system through his retired teacher (social studies/coach) father. On Facebook, JDW is referenced (I think) as faculty at Missouri State University. When questioned by LE, one of CW's alibis was that he was driving near Missouri State? I have heard "talk" that JDW retired from the Springfield educational system. If so, which schools was he affiliated? Also, at Missouri Case.net - the defendant's address is shown as Ash Grove - not Springfield - why? CW's role as supervisor for kids in trouble (suspensions) is quite worrisome. Many times, it is the troubled ones that are looking for a "friend". Now that CW is locked up, I'm hoping others will feel secure enough to come forward to help the prosecution.

My apologies for rambling, thank you in advance for listening to the wheels turn.

Welcome to web sleuths bookkeeper thank you for your post. I hope any past victims who may have been abused also come forward. I don't think this is his first crime either his whole life will need to be reviewed to find out about crimes he may have been involved in the past.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back