MO MO - Heather Kullorn, 12, St. Louis, 15 July 1999

NCMEC‏Verified account @MissingKids
#MISSING! Heather was last seen while babysitting at a friend's apartment on July 15, 1999 in #SaintLouis, #Missouri. She has not been seen or heard from since. Heather's photo is shown age-progressed to 25 years, today she is 31 years old. https://www.missingkids.org/poster/NCMC/867123/1/screen …

DxhfWO_XQAIpsxX.jpg

NCMEC on Twitter

Heather Kullorn
NCMC867123c1.jpg

Missing Since - Jul 15, 1999

Missing From - St. Louis, MO

DOB - Mar 9, 1987

Age Now - 31

Sex - Female

Race - White

Hair Color - Lt. Brown

Eye Color - Hazel

Height - 4'11"

Weight - 75 lbs

Age Progressed

NCMC867123e1.jpg

Heather's photo is shown age-progressed to 25 years. She was last seen while babysitting at a friend's apartment on July 15, 1999. Heather has not been seen or heard from since. She has a birthmark on her right inner thigh and her ears are pierced numerous times. Heather is mildly diabetic and may be in need of medical attention.

Have you seen this child? HEATHER KULLORN

This case is so insane to me....imagine being 12 and knowing that adults in your life that are not your parents are all smoking meth. That must have been very scary and confusing for her. The Trace Evidence podcast says that her mother claims that Heather would have told her if something illegal was going on, but that is clearly not the case. Her relationship with all of these adults is very fascinating to me as this would have not have happened if she was not babysitting for them all the time. It made me so sad when one of the suspected adults said that she had seen so many things.....I really wonder why she continued to hang out with these adults but I guess we will never know. This case is so heartbreaking and you can really tell how much it weighed on the mother :(. I also hope that the baby she was babysitting got some sort of assistance, as the child’s parents were clearly should not be allowed to raise a baby by themselves.

This is awful. People on meth do messed up things like kidnap a babysitter or get angry when she can't sell it to them. It's been over 20 years someone should be sober or ready to talk about what happened to a 12 year old.

This is awful. People on meth do messed up things like kidnap a babysitter or get angry when she can't sell it to them. It's been over 20 years someone should be sober or ready to talk about what happened to a 12 year old.
It feels like in this case, Heather knew what was going on for quite some time. If she was content with continuing to be around these people and not telling anyone, it feels like something more personal happened that was possibly fueled by meth use but not because of it. Like one of the adults snapping for no reason etc. It makes way less sense that she was going to tell, unless she explicitly said to one of the adults that she was going to do so.

It feels like in this case, Heather knew what was going on for quite some time. If she was content with continuing to be around these people and not telling anyone, it feels like something more personal happened that was possibly fueled by meth use but not because of it. Like one of the adults snapping for no reason etc. It makes way less sense that she was going to tell, unless she explicitly said to one of the adults that she was going to do so.

Some people try to rob drug dealers or anyone with drugs. She could have been a casualty of that kind of thing. A 12 year old alone with a baby might have seemed like easy prey. Meth users can also get delusional on drugs and sleep deprivation so you never know what they'll do. She could have been around people that were pedophiles or sex offenders.

This case is so insane to me....imagine being 12 and knowing that adults in your life that are not your parents are all smoking meth. That must have been very scary and confusing for her. The Trace Evidence podcast says that her mother claims that Heather would have told her if something illegal was going on, but that is clearly not the case. Her relationship with all of these adults is very fascinating to me as this would have not have happened if she was not babysitting for them all the time. It made me so sad when one of the suspected adults said that she had seen so many things.....I really wonder why she continued to hang out with these adults but I guess we will never know. This case is so heartbreaking and you can really tell how much it weighed on the mother :(. I also hope that the baby she was babysitting got some sort of assistance, as the child’s parents were clearly should not be allowed to raise a baby by themselves.

I never heard of her case until I listened to the Vanished Podcast. This kind of puts me in mind of my oldest daughter. I divorced her dad when she was 5 years old. We both remarried, he married someone 10 years younger than ourselves and she was trouble. He got into the drug scene with her. They were also swingers. My daughters would spend every other weekend with them. Once I found out all of this from my younger daughter, I went to court for full custody. I found out my oldest was seeing so much - her step mom was letting her smoke with her and they were doing drugs in front of her. SHE WAS 12 YEARS OLD! She started acting out, she was getting into trouble. I put her on probation because she was so defiant. My ex husband would let her get away with whatever she wanted when she went to his house. She spiraled out of control until she was about 17. I sent her to rehab - she was taking Oxy pills, she ended up staying clean and cleaned up her life. She is now a mom of 2 little boys and is engaged with a good job. She has had many years of therapy. In the back of my mind, I wonder what she all saw when she was with her dad. The dad and his "friends" treated her like an adult.

Poor little Heather probably saw a lot of things no 12 year old has any business seeing. I feel so bad for her mother. Not ever knowing what happened to her daughter, it must have been so painful for her.

I never heard of her case until I listened to the Vanished Podcast. This kind of puts me in mind of my oldest daughter. I divorced her dad when she was 5 years old. We both remarried, he married someone 10 years younger than ourselves and she was trouble. He got into the drug scene with her. They were also swingers. My daughters would spend every other weekend with them. Once I found out all of this from my younger daughter, I went to court for full custody. I found out my oldest was seeing so much - her step mom was letting her smoke with her and they were doing drugs in front of her. SHE WAS 12 YEARS OLD! She started acting out, she was getting into trouble. I put her on probation because she was so defiant. My ex husband would let her get away with whatever she wanted when she went to his house. She spiraled out of control until she was about 17. I sent her to rehab - she was taking Oxy pills, she ended up staying clean and cleaned up her life. She is now a mom of 2 little boys and is engaged with a good job. She has had many years of therapy. In the back of my mind, I wonder what she all saw when she was with her dad. The dad and his "friends" treated her like an adult.

Poor little Heather probably saw a lot of things no 12 year old has any business seeing. I feel so bad for her mother. Not ever knowing what happened to her daughter, it must have been so painful for her.

I'm glad your daughter turned her life around. That's the scary thing about having an unstable ex. Drugs and mental illness make them unpredictable and their friends are questionable. My son's dad was a train wreck.

I never heard of her case until I listened to the Vanished Podcast. This kind of puts me in mind of my oldest daughter. I divorced her dad when she was 5 years old. We both remarried, he married someone 10 years younger than ourselves and she was trouble. He got into the drug scene with her. They were also swingers. My daughters would spend every other weekend with them.
I’m so glad she’s doing well! Your scenario definitely reminds me of Heather’s. It says that she was going through a rebellious phase and was smoking cigarettes, and even though many preteens/teenagers start rebelling around this age under normal circumstances from peer pressure etc., it seems pretty obvious Heather was probably rebelling because of the influence of these adults in her life. I wish her mother would have found out what was going on, things would be so different.

VIDEO​

June 14 2023

Heather Nicole Kullorn​

• heather_nicole_kullorn_1.jpg
  • heather_nicole_kullorn_2.jpg
  • heather_nicole_kullorn_3.jpg
  • heather_nicole_kullorn_4.jpg
Heather, circa 1999; Age-progression at age 25 (circa 2012)
  • Missing Since07/15/1999
  • Missing FromRichmond Heights, Missouri
  • ClassificationNon-Family Abduction
  • SexFemale
  • RaceWhite
  • Date of Birth03/09/1987 (36)
  • Age12 years old
  • Height and Weight4'10, 87 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionGreen plaid shorts and a dark blue cut-off t-shirt with an emblem.
  • Medical ConditionsHeather is a mild diabetic and requires daily insulin injections to regulate her condition. She needs to test her blood sugar four times a day. Sugared foods and water may sustain her for a short period if she does not have her insulin, but if she does not get medical assistance, eventually Heather will fall into a diabetic coma.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown hair, hazel eyes. Heather has a birthmark on her inner right thigh. Her ears are pierced multiple times. Heather shaved her eyebrows prior to her July 1999 disappearance.

Details of Disappearance​

Heather was staying with friends of her family, Dana Madden and Christopher Herbert, and babysitting their two-month-old baby in July 1999. She had been staying in their residence for about a week by July 15.

She was at the apartment in the 1600 block of Yale Avenue in Richmond Heights, Missouri during the overnight hours of July 15. Madden was working the night shift and the Herbert was not at home at the time.

A neighbor reported observing an unidentified man carrying a child Heather's age out of the apartment at approximately 2:00 a.m. that morning. The child's upper body was wrapped in a blanket. When authorities were called to the scene at 5:00 a.m., they discovered that a white comforter with a floral design was missing from the apartment along with Heather.

The baby was in the apartment alone and crying, and there was no sign of Heather, but a small amount of blood was found inside the residence. DNA testing linked the blood to Heather. She has never been heard from again.

Authorities announced they believed Heather was not a victim of random violence. They think the attacker(s) most likely knew her family or the friends she was staying with at the time. The investigation centered on a methamphetamine ring in Missouri. Evidence of a methamphetamine manufacturing lab was found in the Madden/Herbert apartment.

Investigators said Heather may have witnessed illegal drug activity in the apartment's garage and was abducted and presumably murdered as a result. They have a suspect in her case, but the individual hasn't been publicly identified.

Heather's mother, Christine Kullorn, had a verbal confrontation with Madden in April 2000, nine months after her daughter vanished. She was arrested after arguing with Madden during the latter's work shift at a local 7-11 convenience store in St. Louis.

Christine said she believed Madden and Herbert know more about her daughter's disappearance than they are telling. Herbert has given conflicting stories about his whereabouts at the time Heather disappeared; Madden was at work when she vanished.

Christine was actively involved in Heather's case since the onset of the investigation and has never been considered a suspect. She stated she thought Heather would come home safe eventually. Christine died in 2017, at the age of 52.

Foul play is suspected in Heather's disappearance. She was a student at Blow Middle School in south St. Louis, Missouri at the time of her disappearance. Her case remains unsolved.

Heather's case is the subject of "The True Crime Garage" Episodes 675 and 676, dated June 13 and 14:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back