MO - Ireland, 2 & Goodknight Ribando, 7 weeks, found dead outside home, Kearney, July 2018 *arrest*

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by Mysti88c, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

Still very confusing!

The Jeep was broken down and was towed to the home. So, how did she ram his vehicle with it?

And when did she go to the shed for gas and why? From the article, it seems that she went to the shed after discovering her children, but that doesn't make sense if the vehicle doesn't work. ? Maybe in a panic she did that, before running to the neighbors for help?

Anyone have this figured out?

jmo

2. Laughing

Laughing Rarely Speechless

I'm still tryin' to figure out the social worker "responding" to the hotline call that was probably placed by Dad....

3. PetDetective

PetDetective Well-Known Member

Where did you read the Jeep had been towed to the home?

It was towed FROM the home after the girls were found and mom was arrested.

Subiechik21, kkdj, kirkassoc and 8 others like this.
  4. PetDetective

PetDetective Well-Known Member

I would assume the baby was in a carrier/car seat. Like this:
    C9F65A82-3793-4577-A9BF-5E072641DC1C.jpeg

but I could be wrong...

5. Lucyray

Lucyray Well-Known Member

I did not see that the jeep was broken down and had to be towed to the house anywhere. Have I missed this detail,in the article?

Subiechik21, kkdj, kirkassoc and 3 others like this.
  6. ksprincess

ksprincess Well-Known Member

Someone asked what an assessment call to CPS would be. I don't know Missouri CPS have only worked for Kansas but hotline calls are "triaged" based on the info given and each type of call gives the worker a certain amount of time in which to investigate based off of the danger to the child. I have no idea what could have been said to have them investigate the next morning but not immediately though.

This case is another example of why I always tell people if you are seriously concerned for a child's safety call police and make a hotline report. Police will respond much faster.

7. Inthedetails

I read the info about the Jeep here, as linked above, bolded by me:

"During an interview with a Clay County detective, Boedecker's husband, Joe Ribando, allegedly stated the Jeep had been broken down on July 3, and that around 10 p.m. he and his mother had the vehicle towed to the family's house on Cameron Road. Around 11:30 p.m., Ribando left the residence to purchase cigarettes. Upon returning, Ribando and Boedecker got into a fight, court documents state."

Mother says she fell asleep in vehicle; girls found dead next day

8. Inthedetails

See post above, #367. There was a link upthread to an article, and the info was in that article.

Subiechik21, kkdj, kirkassoc and 5 others like this.
  9. KariKae

KariKae Active Member

To piggy back off this - instead of putting the girls in the car waiting for him to come home...Maybe she put them in the car and drove around looking for him. When she returned home, the girls were asleep and she didn't want to risk waking them by moving them back into the house. She left the AC on to keep them cool and went inside and passed out. What happened after that is still up for debate.

BrownRice, Laughing, Lucyray and 7 others like this.
  10. KariKae

KariKae Active Member

Does anybody know if they husband worked in the oil fields? Around here, working "in the field" often means working in the oil fields. Workers often work multiple long-hour days away from home.

11. flourish

flourish Now With 30% More Emo

Deleted, sorry

12. flourish

That would make so much more sense! Thank you!

13. FlossyMay

FlossyMay Well-Known Member

Well, now I'm even more confused.

mellie89, Subiechik21, kkdj and 12 others like this.
  14. Lucyray

Lucyray Well-Known Member

The article that I finally just read, says the funeral,for,the girls is July 13th, also that results of toxicology etc might be six to eight weeks in coming. The details in that article are clearly different than what I have seen so far. Very weird how things and stories keep changing.

15. flourish

Except the next paragraph...

"During an interview with a Clay County detective, Boedecker's husband, Joe Ribando, allegedly stated the Jeep had been broken down on July 3, and that around 10 p.m. he and his mother had the vehicle towed to the family's house on Cameron Road. Around 11:30 p.m., Ribando left the residence to purchase cigarettes. Upon returning, Ribando and Boedecker got into a fight, court documents state.

“He got into his vehicle to leave. Mrs. Boedecker rammed his vehicle with her Jeep Patriot,” the search warrant states."

She rammed him AFTER it was towed home. So it was working well enough to do that.

16. Confusion

Confusion Creative Spelling Expert

Some things in there don't make a lot of sense. It says that he left at 11:30 to get cigarettes and they got into a fight when he got home, so who called CPS (or whatever it's called there) at 11:00 and why? I'm also curious about how she could have rammed his car with the jeep if it had to be towed home because it broke down. Seems to me that either the mother isn't the only one being less than truthful or some of these reporters have things really mixed up - or both. MOO

Laughing, Subiechik21, kkdj and 12 others like this.
  17. Aunt_Tulip

Aunt_Tulip Active Member

Upon arrival at the property July 4, the investigator told a Clay County detective he noticed a silver SUV in the driveway with its rear lights on and the motor running.

“He commented he didn't know if someone was just getting home or if they were getting ready to leave,” the search warrant states. “He also said he thought someone may have just left the lights on for the car by accident.”

The children's investigator stated he looked toward the SUV and walked along the driver side of it but didn't see anyone.

“(The investigator) stated if there was someone seated upright in the front seat of the car, he would have seen them, but he may not have seen children seated in the back or an adult in the front if they were slumped over,” the warrant document states.

The investigator also knocked on the door of the residence, which he reported had the interior door open but a screen door closed. The investigator reported knocking on the door three times with no answer. “He didn't see anything unusual through the open door.”

The investigator told the county detective he went back to his car, waited several minutes to see if someone came to the door and left when no one did.

Mother says she fell asleep in vehicle; girls found dead next day

18. bluenoser

bluenoser Active Member

Maybe it was out of gas at that time too and had to be towed. Definetly makes this much more confusing. I was originally convinced that they may have died from carbon monoxide, as someones link said up thread regarding sleeping in car with a/c on, if the air conditioner isn't working properly it won't circulate fresh air into the car and can cause carbon monoxide poisoning, in which case you would not wake up and could even die. Maybe the babies died from it before the jeep ran out of gas and also caused the mom to be deeply passed out, but because the jeep ran out of gas and the air conditioner stopped, she could get some cleaner air/oxygen, and woke up? I'm sort of thinking she put the kids in the car to follow the husband, or go find him, but was embarassed to admit she was 'stalking' her husband, so made up a reason to be in the Jeep, or maybe she lied about it because she didn't want to admit to DUI...grasping at straws, I know :)

19. mom2four717

mom2four717 Well-Known Member

So no AC in the house makes me think windows were open. The only barrier between her and all the comforts of being indoors were window screens.
    She did not just cut/remove the screen, really?

20. mom2four717

mom2four717 Well-Known Member

Very fast response as well. Less than 12 hours and on a national holiday.