GUILTY MO - Jennifer Rothwell, 28, pregnant, murdered, St. Louis County, 12 Nov 2019 *husband arrested*

I'm local and there is not much being reported at all. Just speculation and rumors. One person said BR and his siblings were all raised by a single father and he had no mother in his life growing up.
I wonder why! Did she die? This must have played on him psychologically. This is not good. This probably contributed to his being the way he is, an affair and of course the no excuse whatsoever murder of his wife and child. I always look at the psychology of everything.

I wonder why! Did she die? This must have played on him psychologically. This is not good. This probably contributed to his being the way he is, an affair and of course the no excuse whatsoever murder of his wife and child. I always look at the psychology of everything.
IMO he had thought of how to get rid of her prior to the day or night when this happened. I always think of the psychology of things too.

^^s/bbm

Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

WS is a facts-based forum -- no rumors or speculation from SM; linked sources from approved media only.
You're not missing much on SM anyway. A lot of "I wonder if....". The only true (I hope) facts have been in the news and that has been very limited. I am with another poster...where are her friends? Her family lives out of town. There was a candlelight vigil held in honor of Jennifer on her birthday. It was organized by SM groups and only 1 coworker showed up. The rest were people who didn't know her.

You're not missing much on SM anyway. A lot of "I wonder if....". The only true (I hope) facts have been in the news and that has been very limited. I am with another poster...where are her friends? Her family lives out of town. There was a candlelight vigil held in honor of Jennifer on her birthday. It was organized by SM groups and only 1 coworker showed up. The rest were people who didn't know her.
That's kind of sad... IMO. I wonder if the new move served to isolate her?

Isolated After Move?
That's kind of sad... IMO. I wonder if the new move served to isolate her?
@ovideo :) ^ Maybe so, but IIRC, their move (in 2018?) was a move from St. Charles County (a St. Louis. MO. suburb) to another St. Louis County suburb.
IIRC after the move, she was still employed at same location by the same co. as before. Not like moving to Timbuktu and losing in-person contact w any/all buddies.

IIRC Jennifer grew up in Kansas City area (IDK, if KC, MO or KC, KS, two cities across the state line from one another); IIRC some of her fam, at least her Mother, is still in that same area.
Yes, ^ lotsa IIRCs, so feel free to take a grain of salt or the whole shaker. Just FWIW.

From personal experiences, takes ~ 5 hrs to drive ~ 275 - 300 mi. on I-70, from St. Louis, MO area to KC, MO or KC, KS. areas. {{{ETA: depending on exact departure and destination points, the online distance calculators could say more or less than ^.}}}

Last edited:
Jennifer Rothwell, the St. Louis County woman whose husband is accused in her death, had searched on her cellphone about "what to do if your husband is upset you are pregnant," according to search warrants recently filed by police.

The Post-Dispatch reported earlier that the 28-year-old was pregnant at the time of her death. Detectives disclosed in warrants filed last week that she was six weeks pregnant.

[...]

[Her husband, Beau Rothwell] initially told investigators that he and his wife had spent the night of Nov. 11 watching cooking shows on TV together, according to the warrants. But Creve Coeur police on routine patrol had found Jennifer Rothwell's car and tagged it as abandoned about 12 hours before her husband called to report her missing, the warrants reveal.

[...]

Preliminary findings from Jennifer Rothwell's autopsy showed that she suffered blunt force injuries to her head, according to the source. But toxicology results and other tests are still pending, so a final cause of death has not been determined.

Jennifer Rothwell had researched 'what to do if your husband is upset you are pregnant' prior to her death
*more details from warrant documents at link

Jennifer Rothwell, the St. Louis County woman whose husband is accused in her death, had searched on her cellphone about "what to do if your husband is upset you are pregnant," according to search warrants recently filed by police.

The Post-Dispatch reported earlier that the 28-year-old was pregnant at the time of her death. Detectives disclosed in warrants filed last week that she was six weeks pregnant.

[...]

[Her husband, Beau Rothwell] initially told investigators that he and his wife had spent the night of Nov. 11 watching cooking shows on TV together, according to the warrants. But Creve Coeur police on routine patrol had found Jennifer Rothwell's car and tagged it as abandoned about 12 hours before her husband called to report her missing, the warrants reveal.

[...]

Preliminary findings from Jennifer Rothwell's autopsy showed that she suffered blunt force injuries to her head, according to the source. But toxicology results and other tests are still pending, so a final cause of death has not been determined.

Jennifer Rothwell had researched 'what to do if your husband is upset you are pregnant' prior to her death
*more details from warrant documents at link
Oh dear - well that may explain the motive - poor Jennifer

Awful.

And another genius. From the article:

Detectives then searched a trash can placed at the curb of the home on Nov. 13 where they found various cleaning supplies including rubber gloves and paper towels, the warrants said. They also found a receipt for various cleaning items from Nov. 11 at a Dierbergs grocery store.

Surveillance footage at that store showed Beau Rothwell paid for the supplies with a gift card and cash.

"This purchase was oddly at a time during a major snow event involving dangerous driving conditions, and was also contradictory to Beau Rothwell's statement that he was home with his wife all night," according to the documents.

Police: Jennifer Rothwell researched ‘what to do if your husband is upset you are pregnant’ prior to her death

[...]

Police also found signs that violent acts had been committed inside the home. Detectives described an “overwhelming” smell of bleach and other cleaners inside the home as well as several “large areas of red stain” at the base of the basement steps. DNA tests confirmed that the blood found in the home was Jennifer Rothwell’s.

There was also damage to drywall in the basement, which had samples of human hair, the warrants state.

The blood-stained areas were wet with detergent and had a circulating fan blowing air over the area, and the basement windows were open despite temperatures that were in the 30s.

Dec 5, 2019 KMBC/9 News

In the newly released search warrants, investigators say Beau Rothwell called 911 at 9:44 p.m. on Nov. 12 to report his wife of four years missing, saying he last saw her that morning as she was leaving for her job as a chemical engineer.

He told police that her co-workers told him she didn't show up for work that day and that they were concerned. Police found her car parked near her home, with her cellphone inside.

Beau Rothwell wouldn't let police search the home, car or cellphone, or take a DNA sample from him, according to investigators. He also requested an attorney,

Detectives then searched a trash can placed at the curb of the home on Nov. 13. In it they found various cleaning supplies, including rubber gloves and paper towels, the warrants state. A receipt showed cleaning items had been purchased Nov. 11 from a grocery store.

Police: Jennifer Rothwell researched ‘what to do if your husband is upset you are pregnant’ prior to her death

“Beau Rothwell wouldn't let police search the home, car or cellphone, or take a DNA sample from him, according to investigators. He also requested an attorney,”

Yowza... had not heard this previously! they had this case made. So glad there will be justice for her and her unborn baby.

“Beau Rothwell wouldn't let police search the home, car or cellphone, or take a DNA sample from him, according to investigators. He also requested an attorney,”

Yowza... had not heard this previously! they had this case made. So glad there will be justice for her and her unborn baby.

Police had a read on BR from his first call to police on 11/12 as they had tagged JR's abandoned car (with her cellphone inside) about 12 hours before he reported his wife missing.

He reports his wife missing, and then won't let LE search the house for his missing wife! They wasted no time securing the search warrants.

Also, by the morning of 11/13, LE had already searched his garbage set at the curbside for pick up full of incriminating evidence.

Evil and stupid both apply to BR.

MOO

The article on KSDK5 website said blood was found at the foot of stairs in the basement. Also drywall damage.

Who wants to bet he will plead not guilty and his defense will be she fell down the stairs . He panicked since he was afraid police would not believe him and tried to hide her body.

This guy ain't no brain scientist so you know his defense will be something dumb.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back