Found Deceased MO - John Forsyth, 49, doctor, Mercy ER Clinic, Cassville, 21 May 2023 *car found*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone knowledgeable please tell me if the case ends up being he was kidnapped in Missouri and taken across state lines to Arkansas does the FBI then take control of the case?
I am not sure what procedures are in place, but other cases I have followed, the FBI can get involved with interstate crimes.
JMO

Is kidnapping an automatic the FBI is getting involved?

Edit... nevermind I googled it...minors yes because of Lindbergh case. Adults... sometimes...this time I bet they are consulting for sure. I'm not saying he was kidnapped just that with these circumstances I imagine they're on the scene helping.

Last edited:
Lots of cameras -- question is: how long do they retain the recordings?
Now I'm thinking they should check boating activity. If his body dumped overboard.

Incidentally, I was reading a murder mystery set in the Ozarks where the bad guys kidnapped an ER doctor to treat a wanted felon. Killed him afterwards so he wouldn't tell. <moo>

I'm so sad for his children and extended family, not at all how I thought this case would turn out.

I have to share something odd. I rarely comment on threads and don't read as much on websleuths because I'm busy between work and kids but this one somehow caught my attention and I commented on Monday morning.

I have never been to Arkansas or heard of Beaver Lake until last weekend friends of ours invited us to go there with them later this summer and we agreed and on Sunday night booked an airbnb in Lost Bridge Village! Weird!

His brother has reported an incidence of kidnapping, and people he believed to be after his brother. Has anyone found any credible evidence backing up the claims of kidnapping/threats- news reports, police reports, etc- corroborating what I’ve only heard reported from the brother?

His brother has reported an incidence of kidnapping, and people he believed to be after his brother. Has anyone found any credible evidence backing up the claims of kidnapping/threats- news reports, police reports, etc- corroborating what I’ve only heard reported from the brother?
No. I’ve done some searching tonight and can’t find a single online reference to it except for what his brother has said.

Dr. John Forsyth, 49, was last seen leaving Mercy Hospital in Cassville, Missouri, at 7am on May 21, and was expected to return to the hospital for his 7pm shift but never showed up

Forsyth's Infiniti was later found by police at the park in a 'in a very hidden location, in a place where it seems like cars are not supposed to go,' his brother Richard said

Forsyth's Infiniti was later found by police at the park in a 'in a very hidden location, in a place where it seems like cars are not supposed to go,' his brother Richard said

'His fiancé was texting him around 7am… and as he was leaving he was texting her things like 'Hey, my shift's over' and 'I'll see you a little bit later,' Richard said.

'And then minutes later, he stops responding to text messages and is seen walking toward his RV.'

An pregnant AR woman was kidnapped and murdered in MO. The murderer was arrested and held in federal custody.

Kidnapping almost always involves the FBI in the handling of the case along with the local LE. Also, crossing state lines in the commission of a felony puts it in FBI jurisdiction.

His brother-in-law Jason Musgrave in a call with The Associated Press Wednesday from Ozark, Missouri, also rejected the idea of John Forsyth dying by suicide.

"I feel like it is foul play. I feel like it has to have been," Musgrave said, adding that it was also hard to imagine that anyone who knew him would want to hurt him.

"He was funny and engaging and the life of a party," Musgrave said. He said the news that his brother-in-law's body had been found had hit the family like a "bus full of bricks."

Richard Forsyth previously told OzarksFirst there was one person who they believed was upset with his brother, but that individual was overseas, and he said he is confident the incident is not relevant to the investigation.

"He expressed some extreme emotions towards us that he would get revenge. And ultimately his campaign failed, and we didn't hear from him again," said Richard Forsyth. "I don't see that being enough motivation for someone to cross the Atlantic and cause trouble."
Body of missing Missouri ER doctor found in Arkansas lake by kayaker, authorities say, as family suspects "foul play"."

Suicide doesn't seem to fit the facts for me. More like foul play. MOO MOO MOO

Lots of Arkansas traffic cams if he was in a car. IDrive Arkansas Center map on Benton Co and click on the camera icon.
That’s my point. Definitely foul play.
This happened the month before on Beaver Lake in about the same spot they found JF.

The father and son were kayaking and they drowned. They didn’t find the bodies for a few weeks I believe. I believe JF was near a shore on on a shore when he was found by a kayaker.

His brother said John was too afraid to report the kidnapping because he believed he was in continued danger. He didn't even tell his brother about it, his brother found out about it after his recent disappearance through a friend. This is mentioned in the same articles I've found that discuss the past kidnapping.

JUN 1, 2023
GFF said her brother was smart, confident, loved to help people and was devoted to his family. In the days since his disappearance, she said the family has heard at least three stories of people who he persuaded not to take their own lives. But Forsyth never mentioned those cases to his family, she recalled in an interview Wednesday from Price, Utah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie