Found Deceased MO - John Forsyth, 49, doctor, Mercy ER Clinic, Cassville, 21 May 2023 *car found*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forsyth first gained prominence in the crypto space when he was featured in Forbes as a Bitcoin millionaire. According to the Onfocoin founder, he discovered Bitcoin early on which he mined, alongside Litecoin, and held the coins for a long time.

Forsyth then founded Onfocoin, a referral-based cryptocurrency project, with his brother and business partner Richard Forsyth. His son describes his father as very interested in crypto and his crypto company. However, his brother Richard says the doctor didn’t seem to have crypto on his mind leading up to his death. Although he believes that both of them being involved in cryptocurrency has “made them some enemies.”

Interesting, I don't know much about crypto either. So not sure how crypto would be such a harmful thing to a normal citizen. Was he possibly doing side work in exchange for crypto?
Like Johnny was doing side work? Or someone else doing work for him?

Has the ex wife been interviewed, statements?
Not that I am aware of.

My first thought is that he met someone at the Aquatic Park, presumably to talk or quickly exchange something. That's one reason to leave his keys, etc. in the car. It seems likely that he was kidnapped, driven to the lake, and the rest is history.

Is the bullet wound his only injury? Toxicology? Stun gun marks?

Thinking back to controversy surrounding Gerald Cotton, a Canadian cryptocurrency creator. There were a number of problems regarding investors withdrawing their currency when they needed the money. I suspect that the investment is just like any other stock investment - if you decide to sell and the broker doesn't sell, or drops the price to get a quick sale, the investment could lose a lot of value quickly. Cryptocurrency is volatile.

From your link : "ER doctor and cryptocurrency creator John Forsyth was reported missing on May 21 after he failed to show up to work at Mercy Hospital in Cassville, a small town deep in the Missouri Ozarks. His brother and crypto business partner Richard Forsyth said at the time, ... "

BBM From personal knowledge as a licensed real estate agent we are subject to being "shopped" to make sure that we aren't violating any licensing laws, ethics violations, Fair Housing rules, etc. I would think that medical staff would be handled the same way with probably much more scrutiny.
The things we learn on Websleuths! I had no idea there are “mystery shoppers “ with Realtors!

Forsyth first gained prominence in the crypto space when he was featured in Forbes as a Bitcoin millionaire. According to the Onfocoin founder, he discovered Bitcoin early on which he mined, alongside Litecoin, and held the coins for a long time.

Forsyth then founded Onfocoin, a referral-based cryptocurrency project, with his brother and business partner Richard Forsyth. His son describes his father as very interested in crypto and his crypto company. However, his brother Richard says the doctor didn’t seem to have crypto on his mind leading up to his death. Although he believes that both of them being involved in cryptocurrency has “made them some enemies.”
Is there cooperation between cryptocurrency creators, or can they be in conflict at times?

"Forsyth’s death is the latest in a series of crypto founder deaths that have rocked the space in the last year. In 2022, Nikolai Mushegian, credited as one of the founders of MakerDAO, was found dead on a beach in Puerto Rico. However, there was no foul play found in relation to his death.

In early May 2023, Cash App founder Bob Lee was stabbed multiple times and died during surgery."​

Add to this Gerald Cotton, who died mysteriously in India in 2018 at age 30 (QuadrigaCX cryptocurrency).

I took a quick look at the webpage for Onfocoin, and my eyebrowns went up.

"Earn Onfo by inviting your friends to use your unique referral code when they sign up. Invite lots of people and your balance will grow without spending a penny."

Sound familiar to anyone else?

JMO

I don’t think we’re going to get answers anytime soon.

My guess is that LE has got their work cut out for them.

Wonder how many disgruntled investors are floating around out there?

Richard said there was someone who was very angry and had caused trouble but that he was out of the country when John went missing so he “was in the clear” so to speak. One can always contract with a hired gun and receive the revenge they seek. They don’t have to be local to make it happen.

Follow the money.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members