Found Deceased MO - John Forsyth, 49, doctor, Mercy ER Clinic, Cassville, 21 May 2023 *car found*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took a quick look at the webpage for Onfocoin, and my eyebrowns went up.

"Earn Onfo by inviting your friends to use your unique referral code when they sign up. Invite lots of people and your balance will grow without spending a penny."

Sound familiar to anyone else?

JMO

When I read that in the beginning of the case, my arms truly did do that amazing tingling thing they do, when surprised. First thoughts, were "Is he Mormon?". I didn't know at that time, but certainly, living in MO, a spiritual Mormon center, made me wonder. Did find out he was Mormon relatively quickly.

I did think about how soooo many MLM's are owned by Mormons, how Utah is the MLM capital of the world, and how there might be many disgruntled people "out there", in the MLM world. Think "Luluroe".

I don’t think we’re going to get answers anytime soon.

My guess is that LE has got their work cut out for them.

Wonder how many disgruntled investors are floating around out there?

Richard said there was someone who was very angry and had caused trouble but that he was out of the country when John went missing so he “was in the clear” so to speak. One can always contract with a hired gun and receive the revenge they seek. They don’t have to be local to make it happen.

Follow the money.

MOO

We knoooooow. Didn't you actually giggle a bit @Tealgrove, when the brother stated that about the disgruntled person being out of country. How many "staged" "not at the crime scene" cases can we list here on Websleuths, for Pete's sake...

“On several occasions, he’s talked about scenarios … (in case) he wasn’t around anymore,” Richard Forsyth said. “Continuity plans.”

“I can give a TED Talk on why my brother did not kill himself,” he said. Richard Forsyth added that as far as he knows, his brother didn’t own a gun.

“This is a man who just got recently engaged, he was involved in philanthropic work and other projects he was passionate about, he was making plans for the future. He loved his kids and was so proud of them. He was devoted to them and had plane tickets to go see them. He described his fiancée as the love of his life,” Richard Forsyth added.
1685708341891.jpeg

I took a quick look at the webpage for Onfocoin, and my eyebrowns went up.

"Earn Onfo by inviting your friends to use your unique referral code when they sign up. Invite lots of people and your balance will grow without spending a penny."

Sound familiar to anyone else?

JMO
Well, that certainly sounds like a pyramid scheme. JMO

If he and his brother are partners in Onfocoin, I wonder why his brother isn't targeted like he was. How come just the Dr. was kidnapped. If they were in this together why would only one be targeted. Makes me want to look harder at other possibilities for revenge, like unhappy patient families etc.

If he and his brother are partners in Onfocoin, I wonder why his brother isn't targeted like he was. How come just the Dr. was kidnapped. If they were in this together why would only one be targeted. Makes me want to look harder at other possibilities for revenge, like unhappy patient families etc.

At this point, JMO, it's better to be open to all possibilities. The doctor interacted with many people, from all walks of life. It was the nature of his job and other activities. JMO, there's not enough information publicly known to narrow it down.

If I had to guess, it could be that the brothers had different financial situations. But thats just a guess.

Is THIS why he is no longer with us?

'" I am the only person on the planet that knows where the private key is hidden and I will die with the secret if I have to,” as Dr. Forsyth commented on the announcement.'

Is THIS why he is no longer with us?

'" I am the only person on the planet that knows where the private key is hidden and I will die with the secret if I have to,” as Dr. Forsyth commented on the announcement.'

Good find. But this sounds like a simple PR stunt to me. In the video he says there are clues to figure out the key and the first one to find them will win a bitcoin. How would anyone know WHEN/IF someone had already won it? The motivation for the videos is to get attention and PR for ONFO. How do we even know there was an actual solution? I don't think there is anything in this specific 'contest' that would lead to murder. JMO.

See my post #448 -- J was target since he WAS only one with key -- perhaps gift to R at last meeting was the key, since J had been threatened 'give it up or else' by ?someone.

JUST MY GUESS - YMMV

Good find. But this sounds like a simple PR stunt to me. In the video he says there are clues to figure out the key and the first one to find them will win a bitcoin. How would anyone know WHEN/IF someone had already won it? The motivation for the videos is to get attention and PR for ONFO. How do we even know there was an actual solution? I don't think there is anything in this specific 'contest' that would lead to murder. JMO.
Regardless of what happened re the contest, sounds like J had the key to a bitcoin -- and someone was determined to get it. IMO, there are a lot of people who will kill for that.

In Rs latest video, he says J gave him a gift, but didn't want to say what it was -- could have been 'the key' ....

LE have held their cards very close to their chest through this entire case so far. They know a lot more than we do. Most of what we know comes from family. We really know very little.

We don't know for sure that JRF didn't own a gun.
We don't know exactly what the last text messages between JRF and his fiance.
We've seen mixed reports as to what was found in each of the car and the RV.
We don't know anything for sure about the video where the blurry person was seen walking in the area of the vehicle, therefore we don't know for sure that it was JRF who actually drove his car to the aquatic center.
We don't know how much LE knows about the white SUV.
We don't know how LE identified the body so quickly.
We don't know how long the body was likely in the lake before being found.
We don't know if JRF had a burner phone or other electronics that weren't found.
We don't know JRF's true financial condition.
We don't know how JRF felt about the very recent huge alimony/support judgement and whether he intended to pay. (Didn't want to? Couldn't afford to?)
We don't know if JRF was into any risky "dealings".
We don't know if he had any enemies, whether familiar, business related, medical related or other.
Could there be a jealous ex (of the fiance) in the picture?
And we certainly don't know if he was suicidal or had any mental health issues.

And why was his passport in his vehicle? Seems to me you would keep this locked up safe somewhere until you needed to use it. If his wallet was in the car, then there was already ID if the objective was to simply signal that he had abandoned his car. Was the passport left to signal that he hadn't fled the country?

Regardless of what happened re the contest, sounds like J had the key to a bitcoin -- and someone was determined to get it. IMO, there are a lot of people who will kill for that.

In Rs latest video, he says J gave him a gift, but didn't want to say what it was -- could have been 'the key' ....
If someone wanted the key, killing the keyhole is a very bad idea. Unless they got the key. And who would know? Hard money to follow if only one person has the key now and no one knows who it is...

Will we learn of other injuries beside the fatal gunshot? Torture....

Or are things not as the seem? Was he double crossed? Liquidated overnight with no recourse?

All comes down to that day. Was he alone?

jmoo

We knoooooow. Didn't you actually giggle a bit @Tealgrove, when the brother stated that about the disgruntled person being out of country. How many "staged" "not at the crime scene" cases can we list here on Websleuths, for Pete's sake...
IMO
The brother (Richard if that's who you are referring too) most likely doesn't follow true crime on a regular basis like we do here so I think he deserves some grace IMO. I'm sure he's currently grieving the loss of his brother.

And why was his passport in his vehicle? Seems to me you would keep this locked up safe somewhere until you needed to use it. If his wallet was in the car, then there was already ID if the objective was to simply signal that he had abandoned his car. Was the passport left to signal that he hadn't fled the country?

This seemed unusual to me, too. In the case of suicides, people sometimes leave behind possessions like a cell phone, ID, wallet,money, car/keys, cigarettes, etc. Items they usually carry with them while driving or walking around. I've never heard of anyone leaving a passport behind in their car, unless they were traveling in a foreign country.

LE have held their cards very close to their chest through this entire case so far. They know a lot more than we do. Most of what we know comes from family. We really know very little.

We don't know for sure that JRF didn't own a gun.
We don't know exactly what the last text messages between JRF and his fiance.
We've seen mixed reports as to what was found in each of the car and the RV.
We don't know anything for sure about the video where the blurry person was seen walking in the area of the vehicle, therefore we don't know for sure that it was JRF who actually drove his car to the aquatic center.
We don't know how much LE knows about the white SUV.
We don't know how LE identified the body so quickly.
We don't know how long the body was likely in the lake before being found.
We don't know if JRF had a burner phone or other electronics that weren't found.
We don't know JRF's true financial condition.
We don't know how JRF felt about the very recent huge alimony/support judgement and whether he intended to pay. (Didn't want to? Couldn't afford to?)
We don't know if JRF was into any risky "dealings".
We don't know if he had any enemies, whether familiar, business related, medical related or other.
Could there be a jealous ex (of the fiance) in the picture?
And we certainly don't know if he was suicidal or had any mental health issues.

you have made me very tired.
As i stated, even before he was found ---- this one is a real whopper. Sorry BK.

This seemed unusual to me, too. In the case of suicides, people sometimes leave behind possessions like a cell phone, ID, wallet,money, car/keys, cigarettes, etc. Items they usually carry with them while driving or walking around. I've never heard of anyone leaving a passport behind in their car, unless they were traveling in a foreign country.

It is being reported he had purchased plane tickets to visit his children, of which he has 8, in the Utah and Idaho area. He was set to leave I believe the following day, per a CNN report.

That would make sense on why he had those possessions with him, in case he had to leave quickly for the airport while at work and why it may have been prepped in his car in advance.

I also think this further reduces the odds of a potential suicide - already purchased airfare to visit his kids, recent engagement, etc.

It is being reported he had purchased plane tickets to visit his children, of which he has 8, in the Utah and Idaho area. He was set to leave I believe the following day, per a CNN report.

That would make sense on why he had those possessions with him, in case he had to leave quickly for the airport while at work and why it may have been prepped in his car in advance.

I also think this further reduces the odds of a potential suicide - already purchased airfare to visit his kids, recent engagement, etc.

I find this point about having the airplane tickets and leaving the next day, logically connecting to the passport.

However, I have not seen this specific data regarding his flying schedule.... can you post the source of that info...

If this was a suicide, there would be a chance his remains wouldn’t be discovered. (The body tends to float after about three days, depending on temperature, but it will sink again.)

I think if it’s a suicide he left it as a sign that he didn’t travel far, imo.

If this was a murder, I have no idea why he’d leave it out other than I understand from reports he was set to fly out to see some of his children. (You don’t require a passport for domestic flights in Canada, I’m not sure about the US, but I use my passport for domestic flights here.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr