Found Deceased MO - John Forsyth, 49, doctor, Mercy ER Clinic, Cassville, 21 May 2023 *car found*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to keep up with Richard's statements.

Missouri doctor John Forsyth last seen getting into mystery car before being found dead in lake: brother

Security cameras show Dr. John Forsyth entering the car in the parking lot of a public pool in Cassville, Missouri on May 21, his brother, Richard Forsyth, told The Associated Press.

After entering the unknown car, Forsyth apparently got out before the driver left the parking lot.

His brother had previously told the Daily Beast, citing police, the surveillance video showed Forsyth walking around in the parking lot about “10 to 15 minutes” after the car left.

View attachment 426249
This article does have some new facts-- ex-wife lives in Idaho, John was born in Idaho. I must assume she used to live in MO,given how long he has lived there, practicing medicine.

I also find constant massaging of Richard's words. This definitive statement about John getting into the white car sounds different.
Now, I am even wondering if it was actually John who got out of the car....???

To clarify, I assume his car, phones, laptop, etc. were left behind so his movements after that couldn't be traced. If it were a "professional" hit or even just murder, why would someone go to the trouble of staging all that, then take him across the state line to be killed or dumped in Beaver Lake?
Hit men could have considered all his possessions to be of no consequence to them; took him to a remote spot to give him one last chance to divulge key; if he refused, shot him then dumped him (at lake). Just a guess, of course....

Clipped

Also odd IMO that his ex and kids live in Idaho. He has been a doc here in the Aurora area for 20 yrs ish. And yes a little different that the couple married twice and divorced twice in a pretty short span of time. And the last divorce said to be amicable.

Lots of moving parts and many scenarios with this one.
I hope if LE has identified the car he got into and that they are well into unraveling things.
Tragic
ALL IMO
Where does the family live in Idaho? Rexburg (which is very LDS focused and has a BYU campus)? Or not published?

ID has some very distinct demographic areas, e.g.: Boise (new frontier and kinda liberal at this point), Coeur d"Alene (long associated with neo-Nazis), Moscow (univ), Sun Valley (posh), Rexburg (LDS enclave), Yellowstone (touristy and outdoorsy) and Jackson (wealthy) fringes, remote ranchland over by Nevada and Oregon, etc.

Where does the family live in Idaho? Rexburg (which is very LDS focused and has a BYU campus)? Or not published?

ID has some very distinct demographic areas, e.g.: Boise (new frontier and kinda liberal at this point), Coeur d"Alene (long associated with neo-Nazis), Moscow (univ), Sun Valley (posh), Rexburg (LDS enclave), Yellowstone (touristy and outdoorsy) and Jackson (wealthy) fringes, remote ranchland over by Nevada and Oregon, etc.
Nailed it!

LE has consistently said they will not make any comment until their investigation is done. So I will somewhat patiently wait for more announcements or action by them.
This is a bit confusing to me.

If there was clear evidence of homicide, for eg: as mentioned above a wound in a location that could not have been self-inflicted, a missing gun, video of him getting into a vehicle, potential financial irregularities that could be quickly determined by interviewing authorities - why would LE already plan to not bring these forward/asking for tips/a reward, video of the SUV, all the usual approach?

JMO

“On several occasions, he’s talked about scenarios … (in case) he wasn’t around anymore,” Richard Forsyth said. “Continuity plans.”

“I can give a TED Talk on why my brother did not kill himself,” he said. Richard Forsyth added that as far as he knows, his brother didn’t own a gun.

“This is a man who just got recently engaged, he was involved in philanthropic work and other projects he was passionate about, he was making plans for the future. He loved his kids and was so proud of them. He was devoted to them and had plane tickets to go see them. He described his fiancée as the love of his life,” Richard Forsyth added.
View attachment 426123
If surveillance footage catches him walking away from his car, what about the footage of the person in the other car? Wouldn't it also catch the on video? I’m just catching up, sorry if asked and answered. TIA

This is very true, currently. It depends on where he lived and was raised 40 years ago.

Boise was conservative with a very interesting pocket of liberal/LBGTQ-mainly women, Sun Valley was the democratic area with a huge international expat community and was equally working class/well off, Jackson was up and coming-more an East Coast artsy type, and of course Rexburg etc very heavily LDS, etc.

In an interview with 5NEWS, the victim's brother, Richard Forsyth, stated that "Our understanding was that he was abducted from Cassville, taken to that lake, executed, and thrown in. That is not official. That's not from the police, but that's what we understand at this point."

The brother also said that "The truck was parked in a very strange place. The place was mostly concealed where refuse is meant to be. They found security footage that suggests that he may have met a white SUV at the ATM when he parked his car. We don't know much else. We know much else about that day he went missing."

The brother also wanted to address rumors that his brother was "'living in a trailer and he couldn't afford his life, so he moved on.' That's not true." he said. "He was a prosperous wealthy man who spent a lot of what he had for the benefit of others."

Did he have a lot of money or was the wrongful death judgement and the new alimony/child support payments going to really take a financial toll on him? If so, I put that in a potential suicide category though I have no explanation for how he got out to the lake. That's a LONG walk and a lot of time to have second thoughts about actually going through with taking one's life. JMO
Well, we know at one point he claimed to be a millionaire in crypto alone. And typically doctors don't pay malpractice lawsuits out of pocket, they have insurance companies that specialize in malpractice insurance for this reason.

In an interview with 5NEWS, the victim's brother, Richard Forsyth, stated that "Our understanding was that he was abducted from Cassville, taken to that lake, executed, and thrown in. That is not official. That's not from the police, but that's what we understand at this point."

The brother also said that "The truck was parked in a very strange place. The place was mostly concealed where refuse is meant to be. They found security footage that suggests that he may have met a white SUV at the ATM when he parked his car. We don't know much else. We know much else about that day he went missing."

The brother also wanted to address rumors that his brother was "'living in a trailer and he couldn't afford his life, so he moved on.' That's not true." he said. "He was a prosperous wealthy man who spent a lot of what he had for the benefit of others."
What truck?

There appears to be a transcription error in the written article. JRF's brother didn't say "...met a white SUV at the ATM..." . He said, "met a white SUV in the a.m." Sorry, but that just threw me off at first.

The brother indicated that they have the autopsy results, but that they can't share them with the public, as the police must do that. Considering the family has the results and the family is saying their understanding is that he was kidnapped and executed, that make me go hmmmm. I noticed that Richard was also much more discreet about commenting on the white SUV in this interview. It sounds like LE has had a talk with them and asked them to keep some things under wraps. I wonder how LE feels about RF saying it was an execution. (Of course it might just be RF's interpretation, as he has clearly stated he doesn't believe it could possibly have been a suicide.)

I presume RF keeps speaking to the media because he wants to put a damper on any rumors that might have a negative impact on the victim's image. He's naturally protective of his brother.

This is very true, currently. It depends on where he lived and was raised 40 years ago.

Boise was conservative with a very interesting pocket of liberal/LBGTQ-mainly women, Sun Valley was the democratic area with a huge international expat community and was equally working class/well off, Jackson was up and coming-more an East Coast artsy type, and of course Rexburg etc very heavily LDS, etc.
Actually, I meant where his ex and kids are, especially his kids. This might say something about the demographic of the family, values, etc. He evidently has current strong ties there.

40 years ago Boise had, like, nothing. It was a dowdy place, with everything closed on Sundays. Nothing vibrant.

The brother also said that "The truck was parked in a very strange place. The place was mostly concealed where refuse is meant to be. They found security footage that suggests that he may have met a white SUV at the ATM when he parked his car...
SBM

The "may have met a white SUV at the ATM when he parked his car" threw me for a loop. There is an ATM over by the dumpster? I was confused by the mention of "the truck" being parked in a strange place. That sounds like the brother is referring to the Dr's vehicle. Many MSM sources describe the Dr's car as an Infinity sedan.

Some Info re S. Madison property? Dr. F’s residence at time Dis./Mar. Petition Filed?
....This is the address, with 7 bedrooms, he gave during the divorce filing:
101 S. MADISON AVE AURORA, MO 6560
View attachment 424748
snipped for focus @DeDee
Link did not work for me, so I checked R/Est sites. Realtor.com* & Zillow.com**

Discrepancy in description:
realtor.com states 7 bed, 4.5/bath, 9000 sq. ft. but see detail re listing
& sale dates below.*
per Zillow.com:** 3 bd, 1 ba, 1,818 sqft.

Est’ed value, per realtor.com = $310,974.
Per Zillow = $131,800

And info from another R/Est. website***

QUESTION
Did Dr. F. buy prop in 2015, as a restaurant/bar? Then when bus. closed, convert it to 7 bed home?
But if so, and IF he SOLD prop Ap. 1, 2022, was that the accurate address to be shown as his place of residence on the Dis./Mar. Petition which was filed in April 2022?

OR did Dr. F. BUY the prop. Ap. 1, 2022, same mo. the the Dis./Mar. Petition was filed?

Who stated this address was his residence --- Dr. F? Or then-wife who filed petition?

Can’t make headway w records of property owners thru either the county assessors office or the recorders office ATM.

I hope I have not bungled up the info from these websites.

* The 50 pix on realtor.com show prop. built out as restaurant/bar, but empty, unoccupied.
Pic #50 is floor plan of basement and two floors, as rest/bar configustion.
Then multiple price drops to $350,000.
Prop was sold Ap. 1, 2022 , w no price given.
IIUC, MLS listing member agencies must provide sales prices, but not shown online.

** 101 S Madison Ave, Aurora, MO 65605 | Zillow
Has 2 pix for prop. One is same as realtor.com pic #1; other shows a one story rancher. Strange. No interior pix.

*** https://www.movoto.com/aurora-mo/101-s-madison-ave-aurora-mo-65605-694_60198376/
“…The top Living quarters that has a separate entrance can be used for a variety of income opportunities as well or would make an awesome Living quarters for someone. It features approx 10 rooms, kitchen area, 4 full bathrooms, and an amazing living room area on the corner….Buyer and Buyers agent due own due diligence on lot size and square footage. Could be 7 plus bedrooms.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member