Found Deceased MO - John Forsyth, 49, doctor, Mercy ER Clinic, Cassville, 21 May 2023 *car found*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still not sure whether he got in the car. News reports on that have been conflicting. Same with the cell phones, 1 says only the cracked phone was found in the car, the other two were at his RV.

If I get some time, I'm going to try to research it a little more and find some LE quotes.

Here's a Law and Crime article that seems fairly well sourced, not perfect\

IMO News reports are conflicting bc the bulk of the information has been coming from the victim's brother Richard and his statements do not always mirror one another. It is possible a man under the stress of his brother's murder might get details confused. It is also possible that as he gets information from LE his statements evolve to reflect the latest updates.

We need to use our own discretion in reading through all the msm posted as well as the snippets from news casts that are often embedded in the articles. The are also interviews with the brother and other info on the crypo on youtube etc.

As far as info released from LE only - There has not been a lot of it so it should not take too long if that is your interest, to bullet that. IMO that info will also evolve as times passes and new information come to light. It's all part of the total picture for me.
ALL JMO

I'm still not sure whether he got in the car. News reports on that have been conflicting. Same with the cell phones, 1 says only the cracked phone was found in the car, the other two were at his RV.

If I get some time, I'm going to try to research it a little more and find some LE quotes.

The Law and Crime article seems to be from June 1. It feels a bit dated at this pooint IMO. All just my opinion.
If a media thread gets added it will make it easier to keep up to date - hard to keep up with everything !

<modsnip - quoted post was snipped for not providing a link to something posted as fact>

This Law and Crime article mentioned that it's too early in the investigation to declare suicide v homicide.

There are a million different ways to hold crypto and there are also a million different hacks and scams to steal it.

I couldn't even begin to speculate on how the doctor managed his holdings. Some enthusiasts are prudent to the point of paranoia while others act recklessly and put their money at grave risk.
The ch_13 for offering some insight into the crypto world. For those who want to learn more and follow a very intriguing mystery, I highly recommend the BBC podcast "the missing crypto queen". It provides an excellent overview of the wild, wild west that is the current crypto world and surveys the legitimate brokers who want to see the whole world start using crypto currency alongside the hucksters who are trying to get rich quick.

I have almost zero understanding about cryptocurrency, it just makes no sense to me. This puts it in fairly simple terms, FYI.

In 2010, someone bought 2 pizzas for 10,000 BTC, worth $30. That same pizza purchase would have cost $687,900,000 in November 2021 (bitcoin's all-time high) and $192,709,000 today (September 2022).”
No wonder you're confused, whoever wrote that is also confused.

The pizza would not cost 700 million bitcoin! What the author was trying to say, is that if the owner of the original 10k in bitcoin had held onto it, and not wasted it on pizza, those coins would have been worth almost 700k million at its peak.

JMO

No wonder you're confused, whoever wrote that is also confused.

The pizza would not cost 700 million bitcoin! What the author was trying to say, is that if the owner of the original 10k in bitcoin had held onto it, and not wasted it on pizza, those coins would have been worth almost 700k million at its peak.

JMO
I was thinking about that after I posted this, it didn’t make sense to me.
Yes, certainly doesn’t help lessen my confusion does it, LOL !

Dr. Forsyth's autopsy has been completed and his body has been released to his family.

RIP, doctor and much sympathy to his family, especially his children.

Thanks! From your link:

To clear up questions/comments on a previous post about his autopsy results expected to take 90+ days, the coroner said it's the *autopsy report* he's waiting on from the Arkansas State Crime Lab. Contrary to what some guessed, it's not a toxicology report delaying this.

The delay of 90+ days is just for the autopsy results and doesn't include time needed for toxicology.

One last point of clarification - according to the coroner, anything you're reading (from other outlets/threads) about the gunshot wound location or time John spent in the water before a kayaker found him is speculative at this point. None of that information has been released.

Did John know his kidnapper? Surely he would've told his brother who it was. Is the previous kidnapper the person that John's brother referred to as a threat but international and not currently in the U.S.? MOO

I assume neither of us knows anything about the “kidnapping”, if it ever occurred. But i would not exclude the possibility of some personal situation leading to some incident.

JMO. Problems with pyramid-type companies inevitably emerge. The natural reflex of those who lost would be to either retrieve the money, or exact revenge. To zip-tie the company owner, threaten him and then release makes no sense if he is known to have “wallets”. Can happen, of course, but better help oneself with the cryptocurrency on the spot.

Equally easily, I can imagine someone’s jealous better half deciding to “sort things out”. This is when the victim is left scared and looks disheveled, but is unwilling to either file a police report, or share the details with the relatives.

Strictly personal opinion, I have no clue about Dr. F’s business, professional or personal life, but he seems to have been burning the candle at both ends.

Is there any confirmation of this event at all?
No evidence supporting the kidnapping story has been publicly released.

<modsnip: not victim friendly>

It will be interesting to see what the evidence shows as more information is released.

Last edited by a moderator:
No evidence supporting the kidnapping story has been publicly released.

<modsnip: not victim friendly>

It will be interesting to see what the evidence shows as more information is released.

I can't find the link now but I thought I read that he (JF) wasn't even the one to tell his brother about it, but his (JF's) friend told his brother about the kidnapping.

If this was suicide, I'd be more inclined to believe the kidnapping was fabricated for some reason.
If this was murder, I'd be more inclined to believe it actually happened, and he chose to stay silent about it.

jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
This article has some information about the alleged kidnapping.

Richard said he first learned about the kidnapping through a mutual friend, who only came forward to describe the incident to the family after John went missing earlier this month.

The brother said he believed the kidnapping was 'crypto related' but that he did not know anything else about the perpetrators from the account of the mutual friend, who wished to remain anonymous due to ongoing safety concerns.

I assume neither of us knows anything about the “kidnapping”, if it ever occurred. But i would not exclude the possibility of some personal situation leading to some incident.

JMO. Problems with pyramid-type companies inevitably emerge. The natural reflex of those who lost would be to either retrieve the money, or exact revenge. To zip-tie the company owner, threaten him and then release makes no sense if he is known to have “wallets”. Can happen, of course, but better help oneself with the cryptocurrency on the spot.

Equally easily, I can imagine someone’s jealous better half deciding to “sort things out”. This is when the victim is left scared and looks disheveled, but is unwilling to either file a police report, or share the details with the relatives.

Strictly personal opinion, I have no clue about Dr. F’s business, professional or personal life, but he seems to have been burning the candle at both ends.
BBM totally agree @Charlot123 ! What amazes me in a lot of these cases I read about, is how many seemingly ordinary everyday people live such seemingly multi layered and compicated lives. At least compared to me! JMO

This article has some information about the alleged kidnapping.

Richard said he first learned about the kidnapping through a mutual friend, who only came forward to describe the incident to the family after John went missing earlier this month.

The brother said he believed the kidnapping was 'crypto related' but that he did not know anything else about the perpetrators from the account of the mutual friend, who wished to remain anonymous due to ongoing safety concerns.
Does anyone else find it odd that John mentioned nothing about the alleged kidnapping to his brother Richard? Particularly if it was business-related?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998