MO MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17, Belton, 4 May 2007 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumping this thread because I recently watched the ID episode about Kara. I can't believe she's been missing for 5 years and the "perp" has yet to be apprehended especially since it seems so obvious....

Has anyone tried to get ahold of the owner of the house mentioned in the article about the "sleuths" bringing the cadaver dog. Wouldn't the current tenants want to make sure it's really "just cement"? The police in MO seriously need to get it together and get this person off the street before more girls are manipulated and hurt....

This case is so sad to me, Kara reminds me a lot of myself when I was 17 which I think is why this case piqued my interest. It seemed so clear from the beginning that she didn't "run away" and Kylr should have been POI #1 from the start regardless of his supposed "alibis" they needed much more looking into.

Also RIP Kelsey Smith, seeing her portion of the episode really scared me because of how brazenly she was stalked and attacked, she was only in Target for 11mins. I would not be surprised if he had other victims - he seemed like EH knew exactly what he was doing.

Just wanted to bump the thread. Kara has been missing for five and a half years.

this case makes me so angry. The fact on the ex bfs facebook he's whining about his love life and other cr** when people know full well what he did. I don't know how people can even be in his company. Sickening

This is just like the "friends" of Brittanee Drexel, they are all over twitter and facebook blabbing on and on about their lives when she is still missing..:furious:
They are somehow involved just like Kara's ex, he knows more than he is letting on. :banghead: One day they will all slip up :please:

Bumping for Kara . . . you are missed! :heartbeat:

DC7Ct.jpg

(in response to thewizard)

oh, that makes me so happy to hear that. i have become obsessed with kara's case for the past several months and i truly believe that they would have been able to find her by now if she would have received the same coverage and attention that kelsey smith did. kara was not only robbed of her life, she was robbed of justice. it's either between her ex-boyfriend or edwin hall.. neither of which seem very organized and calculated, therefore it should not have taken 5 years (and counting) to find kara's body.

There is no question in my mind it was the exbf.

since the kara kopetsky sleuths are being threatened by the belton PD, why doesn't the owner of the home (that cadaver dogs made their 'hit' at) call the belton police on their own accord and allow their house to be searched? i mean, i would certainly want to know exactly what it was that these dogs 'hit' on -- wouldn't you?

i'm also curious about this friend who reported kara missing to the belton police around the same time her parents did. it has been said that this friend felt "uncomfortable" talking to kara's parents, but if kara was known to skip school and/or class from time to time then why would this friend file a MISSING PERSONS REPORT after just two days? in my opinion, two days isn't a long enough time to go to such drastic measures as evading kara's parents and going straight to the police... am i the only one who feels this way?

i understand this is a high-profile case, but i still think more information could be given to the public. i hate to criticize law enforcement, but i truly believe we (the public) could have solved this case on our own years ago...

The police have been to that house before, according to another source they searched for about 40 minutes and then left.

I'm not sure what exactly happened, but it doesn't appear that there is a connection between the person that filed the missing persons report and Kara going missing at this time.

The Belton PD isn't giving out info, because they're trying to cover their own behind. It may be corruption.

Update:

The only thing we've uncovered after the dogs made the hit was regarding a friend of the exbf's suspicious behavior.

Its so sad that there hasnt been more figured out with this case. I really believe it is solvable if more work was done by LE just my thoughts....i hope she is found soon prayers going out to her and her loved ones

I think it has ALOT to do with the ex bf this is so sad that her family has no closure i am hoping she is alive but i highly doubt after all this time she is

Kansas City Area Teen Missing For 6 Years

http://www.ktts.com/news/191604341.html

I keep getting an 'Error - Page Not Found' at that link . . . even went to the website directly to look for it and I get the same error there. Hopefully they fix it soon! :(

Thank you for posting it though, mikkismom! I can't believe it'll be 6 years this May since Kara disappeared. :cry:

there's something about kara and this case that just really gets me.. it's difficult to not write to the ex boyfriend myself. :furious:

I wish it seemed like more was being done on this case. it just dosent sound like it should be so hard to crack the bf is looking pretty good for it IMO and its like like the is some experienced criminal he was just a kid you would think LE could get him to crack pretty easy if they pushed the issue

:bump: for Kara. :beats:

It's been 5 years and 10 months since she disappeared!

XUGHYfJ.jpg

i wish they would get a new tip or a clue in her case it seems like the smallest thing could solve this one its hard to believe its gone on this long without more answers

Thinking of Kara tonight, it's been six years since her disappearance.
I hope her family gets some answers soon.

edited to add, there will be a walk for Kara on Sunday May 5th in Belton, MO
http://www.searchingforkara.com/
"Sixth Annual Honor Walk
Sunday, May 5th, @ 2:00pm
Cedar Tree Shopping Center
Curves / Belton parking lot,
to Y & 58 4-way & back.
Kara's 6 Year Honor Walk will be Sunday, May 5 @ 2pm. We will gather at Cedar Tree Shopping Center in Belton, and walk from the parking lot to Y & 58 & back! Hope to see everyone there. Please post and share. Thank you for your continued support and prayers."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutalicy