Missing pregnant Shannon Watts and her two daughter's bodies found, husband arrested
Join the latest discussion

MO - Kindergartner brings Mom's crack pipe, drugs to show & tell

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by krimekat, Sep 20, 2011.

1. krimekat

krimekat Amazed and Baffled

Sweet Springs Elementary School officials contacted police on Sept. 6 about 8:30 a.m. Students had been asked to bring "pictures of their family for show and tell," according to court documents.

The teacher told police that the boy produced for his "show-and-tell" family items the pipe and "several baggies of crack rocks," according to court records. The rocks tested positive for methamphetamine. Altogether, the drugs totaled about an ounce and were worth about $3,700, officials said Monday.

The child's mother was charged with possession of a controlled substance and one count of first-degree child endangerment. Bond was set at $7,500 for 32-year-old Michelle Marie Cheatham.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/15500499/...source=va&utm_medium=rec&utm_campaign=content

2. Melanie

Melanie Inactive

OMGosh! I think that tells you how much mommy smoked if this child considered it a part of the family.

3. davehead21

davehead21 Well-Known Member

Sheesh. I wonder what the teacher's initial reaction was and how she handled the situation. That's definitely something you don't learn how to deal with in college.

4. BeanE

BeanE Inactive

Oh dear God. I'm speechless.

5. Angels_Not_Forgotten

Angels_Not_Forgotten Anxiously Awaiting a WINNING NFL Season!

holy crap! Poor kid :(

6. Cortne

Cortne Well-Known Member

Just wow.

7. JenniferTx

JenniferTx www.tristatrace.wordpress .com

I am so sad for that child. Poor kid. I hope his mother can get her stuff together and get back on the right track.

8. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

9. pappa rob

pappa rob New Member

It's sad but maybe now his Mom can get some help. I went through the same thing with my Granddaughter, her Mom's used for years. She was arrested with the fixings and couldn't get CPS to do anything. It took 2 expensive court cases to get my Granddaughter out of there. The Mom's spent most of the last 3 years in and out of jail.

10. ninij9

ninij9 Well-Known Member

With all of the awful threads I've read this week, I'm going to project an ending for this one: no

Mom forced to get help after child brings her pipe and crack to school for show and tell. It was a turning point, it was rock bottom forced to clean up her act. She realises her child saved her life. And they lived happily ever after

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

11. pappa rob

pappa rob New Member

I hope and pray that you're right.. Only time will tell.