GUILTY MO - Kyle Van Winkle, 30, beaten to death at Arrowhead Stadium, 1 Dec 2013

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Reader, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Reader

Reader New Member

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/police-investigate-death-arrowhead-stadium-21064748

One person was killed and three people taken into custody after an altercation Sunday in the parking lot of Arrowhead Stadium where the Kansas City Chiefs were inside playing the Denver Broncos.

Kansas City police spokesman Darin Snapp told The Associated Press that the incident was being treated as a homicide but that no arrests had been made. Snapp said the victim had returned to his vehicle to find a stranger inside it and a struggle ensued........

"We don't know if the person had a health condition, had a heart attack. We don't know," Snapp said. "We're going to investigate this as a homicide until we hear differently. Right now it's a suspicious death but we are going to investigate it as a homicide."........more......

2. Loading...

3. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

4. Reader

Reader New Member

5. Reader

Reader New Member

Police ID man killed in Arrowhead Stadium lot

http://www.ktvn.com/story/24110060/home-searched-in-probe-of-chiefs-parking-lot-death

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) - It could take four to six weeks before authorities can determine how a man died after an altercation in the parking lot of Arrowhead Stadium during Kansas City's game against Denver, police said Monday.

The man was identified as Kyle A. Vanwinkle, 30, of Smithville. An examination of Vanwinkle's body did not show obvious signs of trauma, Kansas City police spokesman Darin Snapp said in an emailed statement......

Snapp said investigators are awaiting autopsy and toxicology reports before deciding whether Vanwinkle's death was the result of a crime......

Officers searched a suburban Kansas City home Monday morning after investigators learned evidence in the man's death might be found there, Snapp said. He declined to provide further details......

6. Yoda

Yoda Master

New info changes a lot.

"Some witnesses to the incident, which was first reported as a possible car break-in, believe Van Winkle probably was not a car thief, but rather a drunk man who found himself in the wrong place at the wrong time.

“I said I need to check his pulse. I want to make sure he’s okay, and they didn’t want me to,” said Kristi. “They kept pushing me away like they didn’t want me there, and I said, ‘No I’m not leaving until you let me check his pulse.’”

http://fox4kc.com/2013/12/02/arrowhead-death-witnesses-say-man-was-no-burglar/

7. atm9533

atm9533 Active Member

He is the son of the Chief of Police in Grandview, by all accounts he seems to be a nice guy with a steady job. I think the autopsy will reveal more information.

I also wonder why the investigated the car owners home.

8. Indy Anna

Indy Anna Well-Known Member

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/details-death-arrowhead-stadium-21086159
    <snipped>
    Wow. Sad. Hope he wasn't killed for making an honest mistake.

9. atm9533

atm9533 Active Member

10. Reader

Reader New Member

Maybe to see if the 2 men knew each other or had earlier run ins, check emails, voice mail?

11. atm9533

atm9533 Active Member

12. Reader

Reader New Member

Man found in wrong vehicle at Arrowhead repeatedly punched in face

http://www.kctv5.com/story/24135599/police-medical-examiner-rules-arrowhead-death-homicide

.......Court documents released late Wednesday afternoon say that the victim was repeatedly punched in the face after he was found in the wrong vehicle. Police arrested and questioned the Independence man, but no charges have been filed. ......The man accused of punching Van Winkle did not own the Jeep. .......

At 5:42 p.m., officers rushed to the scene of the fight in Lot A. Van Winkle had blood on his face. Witnesses told police that an Independence man had punched Van Winkle in the face several times and that he fled the scene when police and paramedics were called.

..... The Independence man was the last person taken into custody and that came after his home was put under surveillance overnight Sunday.

The Independence man's home was searched by police on Monday. Authorities seized a Jamaal Charles jersey, jeans and athletic shoes. The man is believed to have been wearing the clothing when he punched Van Winkle, according to court records. Police also sought a yellow-and-red beaded necklace but that wasn't taken in the search.

Officers asked a judge to approve the search warrant so that they can see if "blood, hair, fiber and other microscopic evidence of a homicide" can be found on the clothing. .........

Witnesses told police that the Independence man left Van Winkle on the ground after repeatedly punching him, the newspaper reported. Someone propped him up against a bus, police told the Star.

The bystanders went back to their tailgate party and the Jeep's owner and his son left the area. Later, someone noticed Van Winkle was turning blue, police told The Star. A woman flagged down security officers about 5:40 p.m. and other bystanders started CPR......more......

13. lillygator

lillygator Active Member

what a senseless crime.

14. Reader

Reader New Member

Wife Living a 'Nightmare' When Husband Dies After Fight in Stadium Parking

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wife-living-nightmare-husband-dies-fight-stadium-parking/story?id=21188440

The wife of a Missouri man who mysteriously died outside a football stadium after getting into an altercation with another person says she can't understand the "senseless" tragedy that has consumed her family.

Kyle Van Winkle, 30, of Smithville, Mo., was found unconscious outside Arrowhead Stadium Dec. 1 while the Kansas City Chiefs were playing the Denver Broncos, according to police. Kansas City investigators have ruled his death a homicide, but say it could be weeks before they know what exactly killed Van Winkle.

"It's completely senseless. I can't even wrap my mind around it sometimes," Van Winkle's wife, Jenni, told ABC News. "I wake up every single day with the same nightmare."

Van Winkle also leaves behind a 7-week-old son named Will. .......

Four people were taken into custody for questioning following the incident, but no one was charged. .......

15. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/crim...in-death-of-fan-at-arrowhead-stadium/5703191/

16. JusticeWillBeServed

JusticeWillBeServed Well-Known Member

From June:

Man pleads guilty to fatal beating of Kyle Van Winkle in Arrowhead Stadium parking lot

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article81081397.html

17. JusticeWillBeServed

From December:

Three years ago, a new dad went to an NFL game and never made it home

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/nfl-seeing-increase-in-violence--among-its-fans-at-games/2016/12/17/58246eb2-c23f-11e6-9578-0054287507db_story.html?utm_term=.851cff7d6910

Family of man beaten to death in Arrowhead Stadium parking lot sues Kansas City Chiefs - July 2016

18. JusticeWillBeServed

Widow and KC Chiefs settle lawsuit over man’s death in Arrowhead Stadium parking lot

On the eve of a trial in her wrongful death lawsuit against the Kansas City Chiefs, Jenni Van Winkle settled her case nearly five years after her husband’s death.

In her lawsuit, Jenni Van Winkle claimed there wasn’t enough security in the lot to assist her husband and to provide aid when he fell to the ground and was left to die.

Neither side would comment on specifics. Scott Hofer, an attorney representing the Chiefs, and Bill Carr, representing the Van Winkle’s, both said the settlement was “resolved to the mutual satisfaction of all parties.”

Confusion likes this.