MO - Laclede Co., Hunter Finds Body in Box, Nov'08 - Sharon Sabla

I'm so glad this has been solved
But boy was i wrong with my thoughts of a Long legged sexy blonde buxom girl involved with mob guys that got knocked off for knowing too much !

I was sure that this was a mob hit !
Instead it was just a pig of a husband who obviously watched far too much Sopranos or CSI

I wonder what he motive was ?

It's not very likely that the mob would have any business in Missouri. Back east but not around the Midwest. They usually never kill women or children either. They don't have to kill their wives or mistresses because they never tell them anything or allow them to know their personal business.

Passionategray, I hope my post didn't sound too abrupt or rude. I was trying to post it, and kept losing it and was just trying to get my question out. (I had no idea at the time about the news coming out of Orlando, so I thought it was my computer that wasn't working right!) I really appreciate your information!:blowkiss:

Heya, no problem! I didn't think you were rude at all. :)

It was actually Sharon's former neighbor that reported her missing. http://www.kspr.com/news/local/36010979.html

I guess it just goes to show you, we should always keep our eyes open and never be afraid to report something! This woman's "sneaking suspicion" just solved a homicide and gave her friend a place to rest. God bless her.

WOW! Look at this article. Lots of info here.

http://ozarksfirst.com/content/fulltext/?cid=94131

Neil and Cheryl Carpenter tell KOLR10 Horst Sabla claimed Sharon left him August 9, the same day he allegedly killed her.

"It was the day after, I know it was," Cheryl says. "He said that for no reason Sharon just up and left him, took $32,000 cash and maxed out his credit cards."

The Carpenters say Horst Sabla participated in the water-cooler talk and wondered if it could have been Sharon, but he had a reason why he couldn't be involved.

"If I really wanted to kill my wife I'd just tie a rock around her neck or a piece of concrete and throw her in the lake," Neil says Sabla told him.

His pretrial conference is 12/22/08. I think it's pretty much an open and shut case, though.

Wow... i feel so bad thinking it was the person I thought it was. I feel even worse for tihs poor lady and her daughter.

So much for only being dead for about a week to 10 days!!
Did I read that right? She actually was killed in August?

PFM,

Don't feel bad!!! If the neighbor had not reported a wife who up and left for no good reason, and nothing said to anyone, this case would never have been solved!

I actually thought you were right on target!!! I was even willing to bet, that the officers got your leads via e-mail, checked them out, and were ready to arrest the guy!!!

I think the point we ALL need to get is that when someone up and leaves without word to anyone, and really had no reason to go, that we should always keep our eyes and ears open.

The husband told a co-worker he would tie a piece of concrete around her neck and throw her in the lake. So we were right on that point!!! He probably intended to throw her in the lake, just couldn't find a way to get her into the deep water.

ANYWAY, we need to find a way to get more WSers to start trying to match up unidentified with missing persons. AND not pay too much attention to age, weight, and time of death, because it is all a guestamate. Especially if other factors are taken into account. This woman was encased in concete and lime. Lime stops odors, so it really did help for a while. He probably had to ditch the body when the lime stopped working and the box started wreaking!!! It is the same with Casey Anthony, she kept the body until it started to wreak!!!! She wrapped up the body in a plastic bag and duct taped the bag closed!

It amazes me what people are capable of really!!!

I'm so glad this has been solved
But boy was i wrong with my thoughts of a Long legged sexy blonde buxom girl involved with mob guys that got knocked off for knowing too much !

I was sure that this was a mob hit !
Instead it was just a pig of a husband who obviously watched far too much Sopranos or CSI

I wonder what he motive was ?

There are ALOT of mobsters in Chicago, which is not too far from St. Louis. I do think that you were on the right train of thought with dumping it in the water! The husband told a co-worker that is what he would do!!!!

I also do think that occationally a buxom blonde or wife gets knocked off occationally because she found something out which she wasn't supposed to!

In this case, he probably did it because he didn't want his wife to know that he gambled away the house, savings, , maxed out the credit cards and was loosing the house.

Or maybe she HAD found out, because they had to move to a trailer park, and she was PISSED at him! She was going to out him to all the neighbors and friends and probably leave him, and he got REALLY angry and snapped.

OJ

Horst Sabla's preliminary hearing has been scheduled for January 28th. It will be interesting to see if his attorney's waive or not. If I were on the defense team, I would waive it.

I've been lurking here, but haven't posted. I am so glad this case was solved. I wonder what took the neighbor/friend so long to report her missing though. And the articles still haven't answered the question about how he got that box with the body and concrete ONTO his truck. It was said that he kept it in the garage. I would assume that meant that it was on the floor (but maybe not). If it was on the floor, how in the world did he lift 600 lbs onto the truck? What a creep! (Pet peeve time, I was appalled at all the misspellings in the article in the Ozark Times!)

the articles still haven't answered the question about how he got that box with the body and concrete ONTO his truck. It was said that he kept it in the garage. I would assume that meant that it was on the floor (but maybe not). If it was on the floor, how in the world did he lift 600 lbs onto the truck?

Those questions will be answered at the preliminary hearing on the 28th IF defense attorneys don't waive. I will be surprised if the don't waive because they don't want those details out until trial.

Just my $.02

What a piece of work that man is!! This is a little off topic but we just bought a house last spring and in the garage connected to one of the beams is a one ton hoist. I wonder if this "garage" is anything like our garage? If so then I wouldn't bat an eye at how he lifted 600 lbs. Ok so the garage we own used to be a plumbing business but when they say garage it may not be a typical run of the mill 2 car garage.
So with a hoist i could see a single person lifting 600 lbs and positioning into the back of the truck. Thank god the only thing my boyfriend finds pleasure in lifting with the hoist is his old riding mower and not some poor woman encased in cement!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_KAZyFMsa-8E/SYD3M2_LEpI/AAAAAAAAAXY/V0H8pyx2-vQ/s1600-h/horst+sabla.jpgA judge has ruled that there is enough evidence against a Laclede County man for him to stand trial for his wife's murder.

Hunters found the body of a woman encased in concrete on the opening day of firearm deer season last November. After nearly a month of not being able to identify the woman, Sheriff Richard Wrinkle appealed to the public for help.

http://crimesceneinvestigations.blogspot.com/2009/01/man-who-allegedly-killed-wife-and.html

A man from Lebanon found guilty of first-degree murder by a jury in April of killing his wife then encasing her in concrete will spend the rest of his life behind bars.

Really today's sentencing was just a formality for Horst Sabla, the automatic sentence for first-degree murder in Missouri is life without the possibility of parole.

Back in November of 2008 hunters stumbled across a black plastic tool box in the woods near Lebanon, not far from the RV Sharon and Horst Sabla shared after they lost their home to foreclosure.

http://crimesceneinvestigations.blogspot.com/2010/05/sabla-sentenced-to-life-without-parole.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back