MO - Laclede Co., Hunter Finds Body in Box, Nov'08 - Sharon Sabla

Another article gives this description:

The Laclede County Sheriff's Department said the woman was 5-foot-5 to 5-foot-8, likely between 30 and 40 years of age, possibly weighed about 135 pounds, had medium brown hair that was 7 - 10 inches long, and piercings in both ears. She was wearing sleep attire, had had a laparoscopic gallbladder surgery and a full hysterectomy, and had no tattoos. Examiners think she might have had children.

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/34608884.html

This one sounds as though they may have an idea who she is.

http://ozarksfirst.com/content/fulltext/?cid=84141

(Laclede County, MO) -- The Laclede County Sheriff's Department has a homicide on its hands.

On Saturday, hunters northwest of Lebanon found human remains and concrete inside a container along AA highway.

On Monday, an autopsy revealed it was the body of a white female, who was between 30 and 40-years-old and had long brown hair. She had been wearing sleepwear.

Her identity hasn't been released, nor has the exact cause of death. So far, no suspects have been named in the homicide.

The Missouri Highway Patrol is assisting the Laclede County sheriff as the investigation continues.

Both the coroner and the sheriff have released statements that they do not believe that this unidentified woman is from the Lebanon area because there are no missing persons reports matching her description. I really hope that this doesn't mean that they aren't fully investigating the possibility that she is and just hasn't been reported missing.
One article that I saw stated that there's a strong possibility that she's had children...I pray that answers come quickly in this case so that her family can properly put her to rest.

I'm glad to read that the Highway Patrol is assisting in the investigation. There was another body discovered in Lebanon city limits on the same day as the hunters found this lady. Though that has been determined a suicide, it seems like this small county has a lot on their plate right now and it's nice to know that there are extra eyes on her case.

Medical Examiner Says That Body Hunters Found In Plastic Hinged Box Was A Woman:

The body that hunters discovered in a tool box type container near AA and Kinfolk Road in Laclede County last Saturday was definitely a woman, and it was definitely a homicide.

Laclede County coroner, Steve Murrell, says, "that he is surprised that no one has reported this woman missing." Murrell said that the woman was well cared for, and had had her wisdom teeth and a molar pulled, as well as having undergone a laporoscopic gall bladder surgery and a full hysterectomy.

The woman according to Murrell, "was in her pajamas and found in a heavy plastic hinged container that was about four and half feet long by two foot wide that ." Murrell says that cops had to use bolt cutters to get into the container.

The woman is described as being a white woman between 25 and 40 years of age who was approximately 5' 5" and 5' 8" tall, weighed about 135 lbs., and had medium length (between 7 & 10 inches) brown hair. It is also believe that she probably has delivered at least one child. In addition, the coroner says, "she was well manicured, had no tattoos, and her ears had been pierced at least once."

Murell says that "she was folded up in that container, and then concrete was poured on top of her......we do have a cause of death, however, we're not releasing it at this time"

Investigators with the Missouri Highway patrol are assisting detectives in Laclede county with their investigation. Murrell says he does not believe the woman was local and that authorities are searching missing persons records in Missouri and surrounding states hoping to catch a break in identifying the woman.

If you have any information that can assist investigators call the Laclede County Sheriff's department at 417-532-2311.
# # #

This is from my blog.......the case of the man found in a burning garage is there too.

http://crimesceneinvestigations.blogspot.com/

It says that Dana was last seen going to a bar that evening and left with a man in a red truck. PJ's??

Apparently this 'man' left town after LE wanted to interview him (HUH?)
http://helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8134

?? The information on the person is soooo close to her info w/height, weight, hair color, age (maybe) and that the person LE found has had a child.

I agree - Dana does look close for match?

Rosco

Maybe this is Dana Bruce who is missing from Missouri for approximately 6 weeks.

kaelee2

Kaelee,

I forwarded Dana's information to an investigator in Laclede County. Dana had a tattoo (the woman found in the box is said to have not had one.) She was also very young to have undergone a complete hysterectomy. However, I was 24 when I had to have mine.

You never know.....thanks for the help!

http://www.kspr.com/news/local/34610559.html

BREAKING NEWS: New Details in Body Found in Box
By KSPR News

Story Updated: Nov 17, 2008

According to the Laclede County Sheriff's Department, the box found by a hunter Saturday contained a woman's body.

This is in Missouri for those of you who weren't sure like myself....

This is in Missouri for those of you who weren't sure like myself....

Thanks. My pet peeve is clicking on a news story and finding only the name of a town or county. Many news sites have no reference at all in their headers to indicate where they are from!

Susan

My first thought was Teresa Butler, missing from southeast Mo, she disappeared a few years ago at night, but if she was not killed then and held captive?

VB

They have pretty much ruled out that she is local.

The investigator does NOT think that it is Dana Bruce....Sorry k

Could it be Teresa Butler from Risco Missouri? Opps lol I didn't see the previous post about her Maybe this is a good sign! I hope it's her

Anyone w/ information / links on this case, please keep us updated. I have googled this case frequently and can not find anything new. It is such a bizarre case that I can not believe media has not picked up on it. If I am missing something, please let me know.

I know, I'm really disappointed that they aren't releasing any info, but I think it's probably good. I would imagine it was someone close to her since she was in her pajamas. I hope they have suspects.

Maybe someone was stalking the john doe and then attacked and kidnapped her at night time; either waking her from sleep or around when she would go to sleep.. hence the pajamas

I will keep you posted for sure.

It was on the side of a county road/highway- just a two lane road. It was not close to any houses from what I understand, but the hunter who was out lived just a mile down the road. It was down a small hill and resting up against a country fence (wooden stumps with barbed wire nailed to it). From what I could gather from the article, it seems that they were unable to move it away from the fence, even with two men. And the article mentions that the container wasn't right side up. And these are good ol' boys... Missouri hunters. They could move heavy things if they needed to. Perhaps the people disposing of it backed a truck up and then shoved the thing with everything within them just to get it as far away from the road as possible, because it doesn't seem that it landed right side up.

There had to be multiple people involved... and a truck, easily.

Gosh, this is so insane!

It's a possibility it could have been one person driving a DUMP truck.

But HOW would he get the concrete into the truck without a bobcat or tractor with a front-end loader on the front?

I hope LE is looking for a guy with access to equipment, and concrete ...a robber wouldn't take the time to do this...my guess is a husband, X-husband or boyfriend.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge
Back