GUILTY MO - Leah Marie Dawson, 23, murdered, Maysville, Dekalb County, 5 June 2019 *Arrest*

What a garbage person. Snipped and bolded by me.

Boyfriend of Leah Dawson pleaded guilty of assaulting her in 2017 case

According to court documents, Wykert pulled Dawson out of a Maysville house on November 2, 2017 and hit her in the back of the head. A probable cause statement shows Dawson told police Wykert came downstairs with a bowl in his hand and asked her to wash it. Dawson stated Wykert was mad at her for leaving it upstairs and began to yell and hit her. Wykert pulled her outside of the house and hit her again in the back of the head.

Wykert was later arrested at his brother's house. He was fined $2,000 for the domestic assault charge and sentenced to eight months for resisting arrest which he was given credit for time served.

What a garbage person. Snipped and bolded by me.

Boyfriend of Leah Dawson pleaded guilty of assaulting her in 2017 case

According to court documents, Wykert pulled Dawson out of a Maysville house on November 2, 2017 and hit her in the back of the head. A probable cause statement shows Dawson told police Wykert came downstairs with a bowl in his hand and asked her to wash it. Dawson stated Wykert was mad at her for leaving it upstairs and began to yell and hit her. Wykert pulled her outside of the house and hit her again in the back of the head.

Wykert was later arrested at his brother's house. He was fined $2,000 for the domestic assault charge and sentenced to eight months for resisting arrest which he was given credit for time served.
Garbage is a very light word. Yeah. I can't really say anything nice about him.

The way the media article was written they make it should as if the the identification of Leah is not final. If you read the Sheriff's Office statement it is clear that she is positively identified.

Here is the link to the Dekalb County Sheriff''s Office post. They post their releases as images so I will write it out as well. BBM.

DeKalb County Missouri Sheriff's Office

On 6-27-19, members of the Dekalb County Sheriff's Office attended the autopsy of the unidentified body recovered during the execution of a search warrant on 6-26-19. The search warrant was served in relation to a missing person report for Leah Dawson that was filed earlier in the month. Preliminary reports obtained from the autopsy identified the body recovered as Leah Dawson. The Dekalb County Sheriff's Office continues with the investigation.​

UPDATE: Body found in DeKalb County identified as missing Maysville woman
They first say preliminary results are her. Then in the next couple paragraphs down they say Unidentified.
They are fairly sure it is her but basically they have to wait for the “official” results to actually say YES this is her. This happens ALL the time in these cases.

This is a horrible ending and not one we ever want to see. My heart bleeds a little as the scab is ripped some knowing another parent has lost their child. My thoughts are with them.

UPDATE: Body found in DeKalb County identified as missing Maysville woman
They first say preliminary results are her. Then in the next couple paragraphs down they say Unidentified.
They are fairly sure it is her but basically they have to wait for the “official” results to actually say YES this is her. This happens ALL the time in these cases.

This is a horrible ending and not one we ever want to see. My heart bleeds a little as the scab is ripped some knowing another parent has lost their child. My thoughts are with them.
No, that is what I meant. What they did was put an update at the top of the article and then the rest of the article is its previous version. Everything below the "====" is the previous text of the story.

That is why the Sheriff's statement is much better than the media version.

"Celebration of Life" is a comforting euphemism for the loved ones of those who've actually lived a full life. Leah was denied any cumulative sense of a life. I know it can be preferable to abject mourning, but celebrating a life barely begun seems counter productive. What happened to Leah was tragic, common, and preventable.

5d18502028c0f.image.jpg

Dawson, Leah M. 1996-2019

Rest in peace, Leah.
g10008.gif

@Thehiddenone
Thinking of you and Leah. (Her children)
Just checking to see if foul play is suspected? Any Arrest yet?
I pray your healing and have some peace.
As we wait for a COD just wanted you to know your thought about.
Leah's life mattered.

@Thehiddenone
Thinking of you and Leah. (Her children)
Just checking to see if foul play is suspected? Any Arrest yet?
I pray your healing and have some peace.
As we wait for a COD just wanted you to know your thought about.
Leah's life mattered.

I didn't know leah. Im not sure they're finished with the full autopsy. Then it will probably be at least 2 months to get the various tests back. The cops are being absolutely tight lipped. They're not saying he's a suspect or poi.

And yes, it mattered. It still does. It will always matter to her friends and family.

I don't care whatsoever that I've completely alienated myself from that side of the family.

Good is good. Bad is bad. Justice trumps all. I feel Leah. I mourn for her family. I side with justice.

I didn't know leah. Im not sure they're finished with the full autopsy. Then it will probably be at least 2 months to get the various tests back. The cops are being absolutely tight lipped. They're not saying he's a suspect or poi.

And yes, it mattered. It still does. It will always matter to her friends and family.

I don't care whatsoever that I've completely alienated myself from that side of the family.

Good is good. Bad is bad. Justice trumps all. I feel Leah. I mourn for her family. I side with justice.
I am glad you have alienated yourself from that side of your family. Stay safe, @Thehiddenone! RIP Leah, you will be missed.

JUL 5, 2019
Leah Dawson's parents seeking justice for death
After funeral services this week, Leah Dawson’s parents are speaking out about their daughter.

[...]

“Leah was a very heart-warming person. She didn’t have a mean streak in her body,” TE said. “I don’t know what Leah could’ve ever done to make somebody want to do that to her. She’s just not a mean person at all.”

[...]

“We just want to let people know that we’ve found Leah and Leah has been put to rest, but it ain’t over,” TE said. “We’re going to get justice for what happened to her, and I want everybody out there to see this, because somebody out there knows something and they’re just not talking.”

KW, Dawson’s boyfriend, was the last person seen with her on June 5. He is in police custody on unrelated charges and last appeared in court on July 2.

This case hits close to home for me and yes, it has been getting attention locally. The man that is in question, Kenneth Wykert, is someone I've heard quite a lot about due to a connection with Leah's family.

It seems as though the police are being so tight lipped about all of this because they are aware of who actually did it, Kenneth. He's had a very long history of being abusive, overly violent, and a extreme danger to society. He should have been on a Sex Offender registry years ago due to a 2008 charge, but failed to register and has been known to have problems with drug abuse.

I can't see why he wouldn't be the first person they go after, especially since he was the last to see her before the disappearance- they have been out to the grandmother's multiple times and found evidence- and seem to know that the body was somewhere on that property. Seems to me the cards are heavily stacked against him and they are just waiting for the pounce.

Offender Details

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back