MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joining you from the UK. Saw this case linked on Facebook & cant stop thinking about the wee girl :(

:welcome4: even under these circumstances. It's a great Forum with so many great minds and advocates!

Im also from the UK and can't sleep for thinking about this poor baby, praying she is found safe quickly

So the father made the phone call to LE.

EDIT - Thanks for the welcome!

I am just sick about this baby! I just don't understand what this world is coming to!!

Not correct. Dad bought the house in '02. Mom has lived there probably a couple of years. The older kids have been there over a year at least. Like I said before, they seem like very nice kids. They have come out to the edge of the yard when we walk our dogs and come to pet them. I do not know the dad or the mom, but am very familiar with dad's ex gf that lived there as our kids went to the same daycare. Mom was around right after ex moved out which was probably 2 years ago.

Thank you for the real truth! Now if only the media could do the same thing!

Im also from the UK and can't sleep for thinking about this poor baby, praying she is found safe quickly

You've been here awhile but you need to join us more often so a warm :welcome4: for you as well

PRESSER RECAP

-Received a few tips, none have panned out so far. Not many so far, but are still encouraging people to call in and trust their instincts if something looked out of place.

-Parents are talking to detectives, and being cooperative. Also spoke to the other children in the home. Cannot release any other information.

-Father is who made the 911 call at around 4am this morning.

-No suspect information at all.

-Detectives are "very dedicated people who want to find 'this kid' as much as parents do".

-Parents are the main focus (because they were in the home and would have the most information) but are not suspects.

-Time is critical. Help from federal agencies and several units are out searching.

-Amber Alert will be cancelled in a few hours because it would have been close to 12 hours and "would have served it's purpose". By cancelling it, it does NOT mean LE will be doing anything different. Will still exert just as many resources and dedication on Lisa.

-Sun will be going down shortly, but will continue to search tonight.

-Want to focus on "large wooded area in close proximity to the home because it is the most logical first step to take". "Would be foolish to not search this area".

-Unsure about a possible point of entry. House is still considered a crime scene. Window appeared to be "ajar, or messed with" but no other information aside from that.

My volume is being tempermental and I could not hear nmuch of what Ofcr Young said. Could someone recap the presser that just took place? TIA

TY TY TY Kaylynn

does Kansas have a RSO website that shows multiple pictures of RSO's per page?

Captain Steve Young

No new information re suspect etc.
Pulled in all officers for a break, will continue the search soon.
Nothing of interest found.
Large wooded area behind property, searching it is logical and they are focusing all manpower there.
No leads/tips have led anywhere.
Very little evidence to direct investigation.
No suspect information.
Detectives are very dedicated and will work this thing till the end.
Parents continue to talk to detectives.
Investigating timeline.

Amber alert will probably be cancelled in next couple of hours - as it has served its purpose.
No volunteer searchers wanted.
Continuing to focus on the large wooded area behind the house for now.
Not much to go on, asking people to trust their instincts if anything seems odd.
Makes sense to focus on the parents and what they may or may not know. Parents may or may not be at home or at the station.
Next update expected at 8.30ish.

Apologies for untidiness, just what I took down whilst listening.

Sorry if this was already posted - I'm at work....

http://www.kmbc.com/news/29381804/detail.html#ixzz1ZqJEooM2

Young added that about 100 officers were actively investigating the case and searching a handful of areas, including near Chouteau Trafficway and Parvin Road. KMBC's Cliff Judy reported that Kansas City Fire search and rescue crews were rappelling down the side of a steep drop off at 34th Terrace and North Myrtle, looking for Irwin.

A battalion chief at the site of the search told Judy that "There's a reason we're here," but said nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member