MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a hard time believing that is related. 120th is a long ways from where these people are... and they are still running a constant banner across the bottom of the tv screen that the baby is missing. They have also broken into DWTS twice with updates, so I can't believe this is related. JMO

At 7 p.m., as expected, police pulled the Amber Alert, saying the system was designed to raise awareness early in an investigation to alert the public.
"Although the investigation and search for Lisa Irwin continues, an active Amber Alert is no longer necessary in this case. Lisa Irwin is still considered a missing/endangered juvenile," police Sgt. Stacey Graves said in a news release.

Read more: http://www.kmbc.com/news/29381804/detail.html#ixzz1Zrj5Dc2H

ummmm... what I bolded is not the purpose of an amber alert.... ((my 2 cents))

According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol Sex Offender Registry, 16 offenders live within one mile of 37th Street and Lister Avenue where an infant was reported missing Tuesday.
Ten-month-old Lisa Irwin was last seen in her crib at approximately 10:30 p.m. Monday night at a residence in the 3600 block of North Lister in the Northland.
Police have not identified any suspects or indicated that they are looking at sex offenders in the neighborhood.
The Highway Patrol's site identifies the closest sex offender as a 56-year-old woman living within 1,000 feet of the baby's home.
The woman was convicted in 2001 of statutory rape in Nodaway County, Missouri.
The report listed three men within a mile of the home with convictions for sex crimes against children.

Read more: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...one-mile-of-missing-baby's-home#ixzz1ZrjoeckR

more at link ( sorry if this was already posted...just got back from football and basketball with ds)

I can't clu, but I also can't recall an official Amber Alert being issued for a child when neither the vehicle nor the abductor was known. That may be the reason for calling it off. They have no information to provide that substantiates the Amber Alert.
I don't recall one with so little info before either. I will KCPD kudos for it! By the way all their neighbors that I know said that investigators have been door to door asking if anybody heard or know anything. They have also been stopping cars entering asking them.

I have a hard time believing that is related. 120th is a long ways from where these people are... and they are still running a constant banner across the bottom of the tv screen that the baby is missing. They have also broken into DWTS twice with updates, so I can't believe this is related. JMO

I really hope this isn't related but 12 miles isn't that far, someone could have walked that far in the amount of time since she's been missing. But it's not an indirect route, if they headed north, they followed major highways.

That could be totally unrelated (though still sad.)

I don't think it's unrelated... 120th and Northeastern is way the heck north... and very rural (compared to the rest of KC), possibly an easy place to dispose of a body. It's also just off East I-435... the same highway that Lisa lives near further south.

Also, the Northland is relatively safe compared to the rest of KC.... it's much more suburbia-like and not city-like. Homicides don't happen here often, so I think it'd be a big coincidence if it were an unrelated crime.

I'm still praying that it's not her and just a rumor. :(

ummmm... what I bolded is not the purpose of an amber alert.... ((my 2 cents))

I agree. From the Department of Justice:

"The goal of an AMBER Alert is to instantly galvanize the entire community to assist in the search for and the safe recovery of the child."

http://www.amberalert.gov/index.htm

While promptness is obviously key, I don't think a time limitation is implied. Not criticizing KC LE here, but I am a bit puzzled by the cancellation of the Alert.

Per Nurse's link:

The Highway Patrol's site identifies the closest sex offender as a 56-year-old woman living within 1,000 feet of the baby's home.
The report listed three men within a mile of the home with convictions for sex crimes against children.

This is the offender in the neighborhood I mentioned earlier. Teacher-student. I guess if you had to live with a RSO this is the preferred type. I'm not too worried about her.

According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol Sex Offender Registry, 16 offenders live within one mile of 37th Street and Lister Avenue where an infant was reported missing Tuesday.
Ten-month-old Lisa Irwin was last seen in her crib at approximately 10:30 p.m. Monday night at a residence in the 3600 block of North Lister in the Northland.
Police have not identified any suspects or indicated that they are looking at sex offenders in the neighborhood.

Read more: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/new...#ixzz1ZrjoeckR

BBM. I think this reporter may be mistaken. The area of 36th/37th and Lister is not a safe part of Kansas City. But that's not where Lisa lives. She's at Northeast 36th Street and North Lister Avenue. While there still are quite a few RSOs near her, and it's not the safest part of KC, it's still safer than 36th and Lister.

BBM. I think this reporter may be mistaken. The area of 36th/37th and Lister is not a safe part of Kansas City. But that's not where Lisa lives. She's at Northeast 36th Street and North Lister Avenue. While there still are quite a few RSOs near her, and it's not the safest part of KC, it's still safer than 36th and Lister.

Yes! This is the area that most of the offenders on family watchdog should be listed. Somebody at familywatchdog does not know how to map. If you actually look at the zipcodes of the listed offenders address it becomes obvious. This area is 64117 only. Any other zips of mapped offenders in the immediate area do not belong there.

Would they cancel an amber alert if the child is deceased? I'm not saying that is what happened here-but as hard and fast as everything went down in the beginning, imo they know the baby's dead or has been found dead. Aww jeeze.

Aw jeeze, let this not be related to little baby ....... no, don't want to think about it.

Generally, NKC is much safer than midtown or SKC.

someone have a map of where homicide is in connection with Baby Lisa house?

I know LE said earlier they would have an update around 8:30PM...is that what time it is there now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23