MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #11

Discussion in 'Lisa Irwin' started by KaylynnCouture, Oct 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Celeste

Celeste New Member

I'm not good at looking for this sort of thing, as I don't participate in it much myself, but has anyone detected much of an online presence for Mom? Did she participate in baby boards, social networks, stuff like that?

2. Snowbunny

Snowbunny New Member

The mother probably started crying at the mention of the window being left open because she probably feels guilty that without thinking she may have left her child in harms way by leaving that window open. That's a nature reaction.

3. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Quoting self, sorry. We think these are all within maybe 100 miles+/-

4. KaylynnCouture

KaylynnCouture Well-Known Member

I could start looking around. With her having 3 possible alias's (Netz, Bradley and Irwin)..it might take some time.

5. Lera213

Lera213 New Member

If they have a kid together and in the divorce settlement he has to pay for medical then indeed those children would be on Tricare Prime health insurance and the kids would have id cards and allowed to shop at the BX and Commissary. The wife would have a limited ID so that she can shop for them.

Edit to add: The only thing she would lose with divorce is the SGLI if something happens to him, retirement benefits (he is too young for that) base housing (doh) and any alimony he is paying her.

6. neesaki

neesaki Well-Known Member

Good idea, but because of DNA testing this ploy would not work.

7. mrye4709

mrye4709 New Member

Oh dear, perhaps I didn't use the right letters, lol. Son in law :crazy:
    Who will get to meet his daughter for the first time :woohoo:

8. norest4thewicked

norest4thewicked Verified Expert

Only Whiteman and Ft. Leavenworth would be that close.

9. luckyme

luckyme New Member

Last i heard he was contacted and he hasnt seen DB for two years. I beleive it was on a news site early last week. I will try and find link.

10. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

I don't think anyone really thinks Lisa was taken by a complete stranger. Someone who knew them somehow.

These are abduction by "Non family members, which is misleading... that means Not parents or legal guardians."
    So grandparents, aunt, sister... if not the legal guardian would be included in "Non family members" by their definition.

http://www.missingkids.com/en_US/documents/InfantAbductionStats.pdf

Though really, Lisa would NOT be included in these statistics because she is 10 months old.

These statistics ONLY apply to 0 to 6 months old. If you add 7-12 months, how many more are there?

For the sake of discussion, when were these statistics updated?
    Does this include 4 month old Ramy taken in May, in the middle of the night by her paternal Grandmother who'd only met her once?
    Not a stranger but an identical scenario to Lisa, as far as the abduction went.
    She also is a "non-family member" abduction and would be included, because she was not taken by a parent or guardian.

Does it include babies who were abducted as infants and found as adults recently? Or are they still among the "missing?"

Where do the completely unsolved cases fit in? Sabrina, 5 months old?
    Where does she go? They don't list that year specifically... she doesn't appear to be there at all.
    So perhaps they are only counting absolutely confirmed abductions caught on camera or with witnesses/violence and that is why the majority are from health care facilities?

I wonder how many more there are that are abducted from the home, that are not listed because someone decided the parents did it and the baby was never found?

http://www.missingkids.com/en_US/documents/InfantAbductionStats.pdf

Out of the 278 Newborn - 6 month old infants abducted by a non guardian/non parent...

112 of those were from the home.
    No times, locations in the home or circumstances given.
    33 included violence to the mother.
    4 still missing.

38 were "other places" (not the home, or health care locations.)
    10 included violence to the mother.
    3 still missing.

11. Jacie Estes

Jacie Estes Medical Marijuana Advocate

How did you miss the rattling windows? ;)

12. Snowbunny

Snowbunny New Member

If these parents are not involved can you imagine what they are going through? Their child is missing which is bad enough and a lot of people include the police are pointing their fingers at them or at least the mother.

13. KaylynnCouture

No, I probably just misinterpreted it..SIL, in my brain, stands for "sister in law".

However, I'll reword it...MAJOR congrats and thanks to your son in law for his service, and how exciting that he'll get to meet his daughter for the first time!! :woohoo:

14. askfornina

askfornina New Member

i agree. i feel like she is very genuine.

15. norest4thewicked

norest4thewicked Verified Expert

Also, Richards-Gebaur Air Force Base is no longer in service. The city of Kansas City owns it now.

16. laytonian

laytonian Well-Known Member

I think Lisa's too old for that kind of scenario, which would require a nine-month pregnancy and then ten more months after the child's birth.

Army tours to Iraq/Afghanistan are normally 12 months, with some extended to 15.

17. Lavanda Dolce

Lavanda Dolce Former Member

We think alike. I posted that the very day she went missing. I was trying to think of every possible scenario as to why someone would want an "older" baby as opposed to a newborn...that was the only thing that came to mind.

18. krimekat

krimekat Amazed and Baffled

sorry - just responding to a post . . .

19. KaylynnCouture

20. SondraK

SondraK Active Member

Some men are just not programmed to cry. This does not mean they do not feel as deeply, only that their outward reactions are different.
    I am not inclined to cry over sad situations, but more likely to be the strength and functioning one for those around me. However, just give me good news, and I become a crying, snotty, blubbering mess. Praise God we are all unique in our own way. We complement each other and it strengthens us.
    I would love to respond to the news that Lisa is coming home, tears and all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.