MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #12

Discussion in 'Lisa Irwin' started by KaylynnCouture, Oct 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andalso

andalso Well-Known Member

BBM: True, the reenactment could be to prove OR disprove the parents story. I wonder if it did either.

2. joyless

joyless New Member

Yes...I am leaning toward accidental death and parents fear losing other children if truth were told...so...could.be med OD or even choking...but if so...WHERE would she be? By the way...MOO and I am not accusing anyone of anything...just a possibility this happened. It would explain the mothers tears being real. MOO

3. justbeachy

justbeachy Well-Known Member

BBM

Hitting refresh has turned my brain and eyes to mush. I thought that said: Maybe I'm just very naive as far as marketing black babies goes.:eek:

I was like, good gracious! What did I miss?!? And then I read it again and figured out that I just desperately need caffeine.

4. Mojen

Mojen New Member

Until you said you knew our area because of visiting friends/family; I was convinced the "dot" at the end of your name was for "the Dotte" of Wyandotte County! Drove myself crazy trying to figure out the wfgo part! :D

5. BeanE

BeanE Inactive

Police: No New Clues in Search for Baby Lisa
    12:34 p.m. CDT, October 10, 2011

KANSAS CITY, Mo.— A week after she was reported missing from her Northland home, police say that there are no new clues in the search for 10-month-old Lisa Irwin.

snip

Investigators say that over half of the 250 tips received in the case have been generated by the TIPS Hotline, but they say that the tips usually don't have specific information like license plates or suspect descriptions.

"When we get that information detectives have to follow up," said Det. Kevin Boehm of the Kansas City Missouri Police Department. "So use a little common sense. What we're looking for is specific detail."

http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-lis...sing-baby-lisa-irwin-20111010,0,7444931.story

6. Elley Mae

Elley Mae Well-Known Member

Whoda thunk it!

7. Jacie Estes

Jacie Estes Medical Marijuana Advocate

It was about a convo earlier. We lived in Clay when we were in KCMO so I feel ya.

8. luvbeaches

luvbeaches New Member

I agree. I have two friends that did private adoptions. But that was years ago. I don't know if that's something that is as much of an option as is was 20 or so years ago. However, my cousin and his wife adopted a baby from overseas, and they mortgaged their house, sold a car, and scraped together the money. They are not, nor will they ever be "rich" in the sense of the size of their bank accounts, but they are "rich" in love and family. It's all about priorities.

9. denalves

denalves Verified Insider

I am curious about this also. The suspect on my brothers case is a woman who had an affair with my father. Local news story from a couple of months ago. http://www.coloradoconnection.com/news/story.aspx?id=640778

10. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

It would not be possible to legally adopt a kidnapped baby. Where is her paperwork? Also, since people know Lisa is missing if somebody showed up with a 10 months old they didn't have before wouldn't people get suspicious? It's not like showing up with a newborn and claiming to have given birth.

11. Nana46

Nana46 Runs with Scissors

OT for one second....LOL, I have never been able to even pronounce WFGODOT so I have never figured it out,lol.
    Sorry for the OT again. My bad. Back to lurking.

12. andalso

andalso Well-Known Member

I think we need to be open to any and all ideas, brainstorming and throwing ideas out there to see what sticks is what I like about this site. I agree, sometimes it leads us astray, and I myself have come up with some doozies I am sure...but it's not necessary to laugh at others theories, thoughts, ideas etc. It might prevent someone for putting something out there for fear of being laughed at. Disprove and disagree, fine....but not necessary to make someone feel badly because you don't agree. MOO

13. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

Lisa is a healthy good looking young child so no doubt many people would be willing to adopt her. But it's not possible to legally adopt a kidnapped child.

14. vasportsmom

vasportsmom so many cases...so much heartbreak

But what the heck is the simplest answer here? Accidental death/OD? If that is the case and these parents (or just one of them) had to get rid of what is by all accounts a well loved and cared for child quickly I can't imagine them thinking clearly enough to dump their cell phones too and stage a "scene" that has only served to make them look guilty as heck.

I'm just so confused about this one. Nothing makes sense at all here.

ETA: I hope none of that read as snarky to you. I am honestly lost on this case. I really can't wrap my head around the parents being involved but the intruder theory isn't fitting either. Someone yesterday(?) jokingly brought alien abduction and I am starting to think it fits better than anything else but would they leave the darn lights on? Ugh, back to the drawing board.

15. LandAuxvasse

LandAuxvasse Member

I apologize if it sounded like I was bashing you. I put "a lot of them" because I KNOW it's not everyone. I apologize to anyone from Johnson County that I insulted with my comments (including my nieces who live there).

MOO :twocents:

16. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

I answer to "Woofy Go Dot," lol, I think nursebeeme and shefner gave me that nickname, but the wfgodot is actually for the Samuel Beckett play 'Waiting for Godot,' and the last name there is pronounced Geh-DOE.

17. Dr.Fessel

Dr.Fessel New Member

BBM

Talk about mixed messages. LOL LOL LOL That is the statement we usually hear in a case.

But Young makes this statement or one like it in almost every news conference : "at the mercy of the next good idea."

An idea is not a tip.

18. justbeachy

justbeachy Well-Known Member

I'm so glad you explained this! I can usually figure the names out, but this one has had me stumped. And I'm too stubborn to ask... LOL!

19. vasportsmom

vasportsmom so many cases...so much heartbreak

Thank you so much! Trying to figure out your 'hat' has drove me nuts, lol.

20. askfornina

askfornina Well-Known Member

does MO have something similar to a sunshine law?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.