MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont believe that, I am all about my baby and he is 6. I am always, when my baby gets home, when your brother is finished..etc.. His name is his formal name but not what I use very often.

I bet you'd call your child by name if he was missing. Everyday talk at home is one thing :) but when a child is missing, I'm of the opinion the child's name should be said.

IMO, too much emphasis is placed on Proper Name usage (or the lack thereof).

Typically, when someone is talking about a family member to those who don't personally know that family member, they will refer to the family member as "my daughter" or "my son" or "my sister" or "my brother", or "she" or "he", or "her" or "him", etc. etc., rather than refer to that person by their name.

Conversely, when someone is discussing a family member with someone who is acquainted with that person, they will typically refer to them by their given name.

I don't see it as a red flag or an indicator of anything nefarious.

Agreed...I always use My husband, My daughter, My sister...etc and so on when referring to them with another person. My husband and My daughter...well to me those are terms of endearment and proud possessive...as in "my" "mine"...every single one of my children are "mine" and I am proud to say so! Just my own Southern Opinion.

ETA - ok...I have never shared this but due to statements in posts I am going to...my daughter was abducted by her bioDad...I always stated, "My daughter, or my baby has been abducted when speaking with LE or others. (DD is 29 now...she was located when very young and is married and happy)

IMO, too much emphasis is placed on Proper Name usage (or the lack thereof).

Typically, when someone is talking about a family member to those who don't personally know that family member, they will refer to the family member as "my daughter" or "my son" or "my sister" or "my brother", or "she" or "he", or "her" or "him", etc. etc., rather than refer to that person by their name.

Conversely, when someone is discussing a family member with someone who is acquainted with that person, they will typically refer to them by their given name.

I don't see it as a red flag or an indicator of anything nefarious.

I don't think of it as nefarious or a signal that the child was abused. I do, however, get a sense of detachment or distancing of oneself from the individual. jmo

I dont believe that, I am all about my baby and he is 6. I am always, when my baby gets home, when your brother is finished..etc.. His name is his formal name but not what I use very often.

I am the same way. I rarely refer to my kids by their given names (in fact my oldest never hears his name unless he is in serious trouble) they are always "my baby" and "my brat" or "B-Bop" and "Jay".

My oldest (aka my brat) is named after a deceased grandfather at the pleadings of that grandfather's parents but after I caved and named him they couldn't use it without crying so he became "Jay". He got his middle name from my father but it is also my brothers' name so we couldn't call him that either.

I don't think of it as nefarious or a signal that the child was abused. I do, however, get a sense of detachment or distancing of oneself from the individual. jmo

I think if they were saying "the kid" or "it", I would be concerned. "My baby" is one of the most intimate terms you can use.

Who is this so-called "body language expert" on HLN that's being discussed right now?

Does this person have a name?

Whether we like it or not one of the theories that is being run through here is going to be the result. The only way to figure out what makes sense sometimes is to run a theory and see if it floats, has wings, is plausible or not. Right now, most folks here would agree that anything is possible yet few theories seem realistic.

The child can still be alive even if pedophile took her. I recall a case where pedophile took a child and kept her in his attic. With duct tape on her. They found her alive about a week after kidnapping.

Was that child a 10 month old? Got a link?

Honestly if I was trying to stay composed for an interview , I might not use my child's name as often as it would surely break me down to tears if I did. So, I don't see this as a necessary detachment. My problem is with other things like , no locked door on hubbys first night at work, his demeanor, all 3 cells missing, no mention of a timeline when baby Lisa was last seen from someone other than parents, window left open, baby dresssed in clothes not Pjs...sick baby behind closed door, too high of matress in crib fro sleeping infant, no phone in bedroom, 6 yr old and kitty in bed when baby sick and needed tending to, father finding lights on curious (mother could have been up with sick baby , leaving lights on to assist him or reassure her), father's first overnight shift and on and on and on....

I think if they were saying "the kid" or "it", I would be concerned. "My baby" is one of the most intimate terms you can use.

Those who followed the JonBenet Ramsey case probably recall Patsy having referred to JonBenet as "that child". No endearment or intimacy in her wording. jmo

I bet you'd call your child by name if he was missing. Everyday talk at home is one thing :) but when a child is missing, I'm of the opinion the child's name should be said.

I'm on the fence about Baby Lisa's parents,but consider ,if she really is missing ,mom is under a lot of stress and despair. Who knows what she typically used when referring to Lisa? She would fall back on what is familiar.

When my son died I did some weird stuff. It's surreal and no way to describe what grief does to you. I can't even imagine what it would be like to have your baby missing .

I know this is not the link you are looking for. If I remember, that checkered past thing was a teaser on a news station and our members here made sure to watch (as you can imagine) and the only thing that seemed to be checkered about it was that she was still married to her son's father and some minor traffic violations. The members who watched were mightily let down because based on the teaser, we all thought something substantive was coming.

Anyway, this link is Deborah's exes family members comments (see the video) regarding what they think of Deborah and this situation.

http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-bradleys-family-talks-about-past-20111008,0,1316565.story

Thanks. There was nothing derogatory said about Debbie in this interview.

Agreed...I always use My husband, My daughter, My sister...etc and so on when referring to them with another person. My husband and My daughter...well to me those are terms of endearment and proud possessive...as in "my" "mine"...every single one of my children are "mine" and I am proud to say so! Just my own Southern Opinion.

ETA - ok...I have never shared this but due to statements in posts I am going to...my daughter was abducted by her bioDad...I always stated, "My daughter, or my baby has been abducted when speaking with LE or others. (DD is 29 now...she was located when very young and is married and happy)

Stilettos,

I'm sorry to hear about this situation. *hugs* I'm glad it was resolved and you have a happy ending to the story!

I respectfully disagreee... I closed my eyes and thought how I would be answering quesdtions to a reporter in this situation.....if you assume the reporter has knowledge of the details of the situation, I can easily see answers being framed as "we want our daughter back"..."i put her to sleep"... "we just want her back"....since everyone obviously knows to whom you are referring.

...just sayin... that doesn't trip a red flag for me.
:waitasec:

Been following for a few days, first post...been thinking about what the mother claims to have said upon going to Lisa's room.

If I remember correctly, she said "She's gone!" That strikes me as odd...I have visualized several scenario's where someone or something is missing and it seems that the normal reaction is to say the person or thing is "not there". Then you would look adjacent to, or near where the person was expected to be before stating they are "gone".

"Gone" seems to apply when the missing person or thing is determined to be removed from the immediate area. I am of the opinion that the exclamation of "She's gone!" as the first statement, was an unconscious verbal slip-up.

Example of when "Gone" fits a scenario: "She's not in her crib; she's not in this room; she's not in the kitchen, the yard, etc. She's gone!"

Of course, I may be nerding out and over-analyzing words. But that is what I tend to do...

JMO only, What if the so called teen was involved only with the missing phones and nothing more. Maybe I am crazy but lisa missing and the phones missing could be separate and not linked to each other. Again this is just me thinking out of the box

No, I think she was around 3 years old. This was years ago, and I can not find any links.

Found it. This is the case I was talking about. The guy kidnapped a 3 year old and kept her in his attic, she was covered with duct tape. She was found alive.
"A man accused of abducting a 3-year-old girl and keeping her in an attic pleaded guilty today to charges that included kidnapping and rape."
http://www.nytimes.com/2000/02/03/us/man-pleads-guilty-in-abduction-of-girl.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46