MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #13

Discussion in 'Lisa Irwin' started by wfgodot, Oct 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mamamia54

mamamia54 Inactive

How far is this house that they keep checking on with the redish shutters? The one where this neighbor kid is suppose to live.

2. Cortne

Cortne Well-Known Member

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

3. MissJames

MissJames a yellowflutterby changed my life : )

4. Dr. Know?

Dr. Know? Former Member

5. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes Fasten your seatbelts...

When I watched the reenactment video today, I chuckled at the guy who went in as if he were diving into a pool. It reminded me of a time when my mom got locked out of the house and had one of my brothers go through the milk-chute to open the door :D The steps from the kitchen to the landing (side door, basement) were outside the milk-chute, and my brother always remembered how he almost fell down the steps as he emerged head first from the small aperture.

6. EllaMae

EllaMae Well-Known Member

I was taking issue with the statement analysis....not with you for posting it.

In Debbie's position....I would still call my child "the baby" because that's my way of speaking. To me it is an endearment, and I am Southern, so it's very common down here. "The baby" and "my baby" are used by everyone.

I think these types of analysis are just too narrow at times.

7. 4BB

4BB Member

Also, iirc, Lisa was the name of DB's deceased mother. That could possibly be why she doesn't refer to her name as often.

I never refer to my kids by their names and the baby is always "the baby". Maybe it's a southern thing, lol

8. Yoda

Yoda Master

9. Flossie JMO

Flossie JMO New Member

I can't view this link for some reason, but is apparently about the parents' "past" http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-bradleys-family-talks-about-past-20111008,0,1316565.story

10. Just K

Just K New Member

Folks need to read more carefully as no one has said anything about this specific teen.

Here are the facts:
    A teen was visiting the Irwin home on Monday.
    That teen was questioned
    A DNA sample was taken from that teen
    The teen lives in the home that is currently being searched.

A verified local has told us that there are known "issues" at that home.

That is all we know and it has been reported on. My previous post was suggesting that it would be very convenient to dump evidence near the property that is known to have "issues, within the neighborhood."

11. tlcya

tlcya Old and Tired Websleuth

I know this is not the link you are looking for. If I remember, that checkered past thing was a teaser on a news station and our members here made sure to watch (as you can imagine) and the only thing that seemed to be checkered about it was that she was still married to her son's father and some minor traffic violations. The members who watched were mightily let down because based on the teaser, we all thought something substantive was coming.

Anyway, this link is Deborah's exes family members comments (see the video) regarding what they think of Deborah and this situation.

http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-bradleys-family-talks-about-past-20111008,0,1316565.story

12. belimom

belimom Speak the truth even if your voice shakes~M.Kuhn

IIRC, it was said that there was more than one teen living in that home. Is that correct? I was just wondering if that is what led to the confusion of he vs she. They could both live in the same home.

13. Flossie JMO

Flossie JMO New Member

ita, and bbm jmo it's nonsense, there is a man who is all over missing children cases posting a lot of terrible things jmo

14. MissJames

MissJames a yellowflutterby changed my life : )

It was a baby Shannon. How freaky is that ? same name and in a box !

15. luvbeaches

luvbeaches New Member

At least you tried! The good thought was there. I stopped posting on the one thread because I knew it was way up there in posts and would shut down soon.

I am going to watch the 6:00 news, but I don't think much is going on with this case. At least not that media is aware of.

16. Soulmagent

Soulmagent Well-Known Member

I dont believe that, I am all about my baby and he is 6. I am always, when my baby gets home, when your brother is finished..etc.. His name is his formal name but not what I use very often.

17. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

In case of a babysitter her step son went missing and was never found. So...

18. PlainJaneDoe

PlainJaneDoe Verified expert in neuroscience

There are 102 guests viewing Lisa's thread now! Please consider joining us. :)

19. IAM

IAM New Member

[ame="http://video.foxnews.com/v/1211388241001/impasse-in-search-for-lisa-irwin/?playlist_id=86856"]http://video.foxnews.com/v/1211388241001/impasse-in-search-for-lisa-irwin/?playlist_id=86856[/ame]

"dead end" :(

20. sorrell skye

sorrell skye Former Member

IMO, too much emphasis is placed on Proper Name usage (or the lack thereof).

Typically, when someone is talking about a family member to those who don't personally know that family member, they will refer to the family member as "my daughter" or "my son" or "my sister" or "my brother", or "she" or "he", or "her" or "him", etc. etc., rather than refer to that person by their name.

Conversely, when someone is discussing a family member with someone who is acquainted with that person, they will typically refer to them by their given name.

And then there are those who will refer to their family members by their given names from the minute you meet them.

One way or the other, I don't see it as a red flag or an indicator of anything nefarious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.