MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #3

Discussion in 'Lisa Irwin' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Oct 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coldpizza

Coldpizza Retired WS Staff

I know what you mean, the phone thing definitely adds a new twist. I just can't wrap my head around the parents being involved. Other cases yes, not this one though. This is just a random thought but do the mom or dad have any siblings that may have a gambling debt or a drug prob that someone would want to collect on? I know I'm reaching.....
    But I do have a problem with the dad not having a cell phone on him.

2. Shelby1

Shelby1 Cancer Sucks

:innocent:
    ME TOO! My husband thinks it's absolutely paranoid and ridiculous that I keep it lol.

3. BeanE

BeanE Inactive

JiaoJiaoShen JiaoJiao Shen
    "She's really playful, she's really sweet, she'll go to almost anyone," said mom @NBCActionNews
    1 hour ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

"She sleeps with her Barney and her Gloworm and her blanket," said mom @NBCActionNews
    1 hour ago

"She's everything, our little girl, she completed our family," said #lisairwin's mom. "Can't live without her."
    1 hour ago

JiaoJiao Shen
    @JiaoJiaoShen Kansas City, MO
    Morning anchor at NBC Action News. Proud mother of three crazy dogs. Runner, aspiring chef and engaged to an amazing man! Email: shen@nbcactionnews.com
    http://www.nbcactionnews.com
    http://twitter.com/#!/JiaoJiaoShen

4. justbeachy

justbeachy Well-Known Member

I keep one, too! I use my fax machine as my excuse, though. I can't remember that last time I used the phone for actual talking...

5. SnoopyDoobyDoo

SnoopyDoobyDoo New Member

Depending on the type of phone, it might be a quick way to make a few bucks without getting traced. A sort of after thought as they walked out. As for the first thought- I imagine that it would be tainted by panic. Looking at it objectively I would reach the same "They wanted my info" or "They wanted an easy to transport source of money", but in my panic where my only thought it "Call 911, my baby is missing" taking the phone to prevent it would probably leap to mind first.

6. Gardenlady

Gardenlady Well-Known Member

I'm thinking that taking the phones was an afterthought. Perp enters through bedroom window, which must have been difficult to do, as we've seen from pics of that window. Takes baby, decides to leave a different way so he/she doesn't have to make a difficult exit. Goes thru kitchen, sees phones charging on counter, takes them all and leaves through the door?

But why break in to begin with? Was it to take the baby? Was the original plan robbery (doubtful, IMO, as most thieves are more interested in just getting the goods and getting out, without any confrontation with people, or complicating a simple burglary with kidnapping)?

Just thinking out loud... :waitasec:

Poor baby and family. So scary that there is absolutely no solid lead at all. :cry:

7. Veritas

Veritas New Member

Maybe grabbed phones so they wouldn't ring and awaken anyone?

How old are the boys?

What was that mention that the GRANDPARENTS had a phone stolen also? Or did they just also mention that the phones were gone?

8. Angleena

Angleena @}--`--,----

Many people use their cell phones to take pictures. There are probably various pictures of Lisa on those phones at various ages, even as a newborn. A person trying to pass Lisa off as their own would want more pictures of her, people would be less suspicious if there are pictures of the child at all ages.

9. justbeachy

justbeachy Well-Known Member

BBM

So, is it safe to assume that the gloworm and blankie were left in the crib? We know Barney was because we saw it on the video. I'm guessing the others were left as well or we would have heard it by now.

10. luckyme

luckyme New Member

O/T The prosecutor in the Shaniya Davis case will seek death for Mario Mcneil, but not the mother. I will post link in her thread.

11. BeanE

BeanE Inactive

12. BeanE

BeanE Inactive

ABC Good Morning America - article
    Good Morning America – 23 minutes ago

They were interrogated by police late into Tuesday night, but police said they are not suspects.

"The truth is that the family...[has been] cooperative since the get-go," Police Capt. Steve Young said. "That being said, everything is still on the table. We frankly don't have anything to justify elimination [of any possible scenario]."

Police are baffled by the case and have admitted that they have "next to nothing to go on."

At the news conference, Police Capt. Steve Young said police have received 47 tips and over 300 law enforcement officials have been involved.

However, the massive police and FBI search has come up empty so far.

There are no suspects and no leads, police said.

"Everything we've thought of doing, we've done two or three times at this point," Young said. "With any investigation, the longer time goes on without a conclusion, the more difficult it becomes. But that doesn't mean we're letting up. We're doing everything we can possibly think of."

http://gma.yahoo.com/missing-baby-lisas-parents-emotional-plea-her-return-062831685.html

13. fran

fran Former Member

There were people home in ALL of the recent abductions with children, and older cases as well.

Other than the Klaas case, which was different, younger children like VanDam etc., everyone slept right through the abduction.

We've seen a NUMBER of reasons these guys have abducted the children. But you have to believe someone who abducts a baby, WANTS a baby because they can't speak and they're young enough to change their name, etc.

A few of these cases we've seen, were B&E's that turned into abductions. Meaning, that wasn't the original motive for the break-in, but the opportunity arose and they ran with it. Like Jessica Lundsford. That guy had a record of breakins. A long record. But had only molested one other child prior to abducting Jessica. The other times he just stole things.

JMHo
    fran

14. Shelby1

Shelby1 Cancer Sucks

Theories:

1. Very well planned abduction. Perp(s) knew when dad was out, what time the rest of the family went to bed, no land line, where all cell phones kept. Perp(s) targeted a family with blond, blue eyed child that is not old enough to remember anything. Perp(s) are not related to family.

1a. Abduction in order to have their own child.

2a. Abduction in order to sell child.

3a. Abduction because perp(s) are child molesters.

2. Very well planned abduction and perp(s) are related to family.

1a. Ex husband or ex wife of Debbie or Jeremy. Revenge purposes.

2a. Distant family member....unknown reasons.

3. Not planned, just dang lucky and in drug-induced state perp(s) see child and split second decide to take her to sell for money.

----

Feel free to add to this....I lean towards #1.

15. momtective

momtective Lifetime WS Non-Mod

16. nursebeeme

nursebeeme Registered User

17. PoppyH

PoppyH Scampii, My Cleaner Shrimp!!

God be with these heartbroken parents, please bring baby Lisa home saftley to them and her brothers, this is so heartbreaking:(

18. illinialum

illinialum New Member

Nine individuals? Hmmm, makes you wonder...

Darn it, again I'm going to be late for work because of WS!

19. SurfieTX

SurfieTX Well-Known Member

Is a reward being offered yet?

20. luckyme

luckyme New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.