MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #4

Discussion in 'Lisa Irwin' started by KaylynnCouture, Oct 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wondergirl

Wondergirl Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, lawyer or no lawyer, there is no reason to stop talking to LE if your baby is missing.

Unless there IS a reason.

WTH?

2. TGIRecovered

TGIRecovered Well-Known Member

3. davehead21

davehead21 Well-Known Member

I just wanted to say that when I said that dad seemed "off" to me, I didn't mean that his behavior was "off" or that he wasn't acting like a parent whose child is missing should. I specifically didn't go into what I meant because this is a victim friendly site. :fence:

4. leandjl

leandjl Member

could it be that LE asked the parents to take a poly, maybe parents refused, got in an argument with LE since nerves are frayed and said "we're done" leaving LE to say they are refusing to cooperate? MHO

5. rosiebean

rosiebean Active Member

As far as I know, Elizabeth Smart's dad never stopped cooperating with LE, even if they were certain he 'did it'. I just do no recall an instance were a family stopped cooperating so soon (less than a week) and was later cleared of any wrongdoing. I am just flabbergasted.

6. elepher50

elepher50 Help find Adji

Wish one of the news outlets would get a statement from the family as to what is going on.

7. tlcya

tlcya Old and Tired Websleuth

A reporter (off camera) was asking Steve young during the presser about whether the parents ending their cooperation was related in any way to a relative arriving from Texas. I cannot be sure it was the same reporter, but believe it was who then followed up with a question about a family member being a lawyer and did this lawyer advise them to stop cooperating.

Neither question was confirmed or denied by Steve Young.

8. illinialum

illinialum New Member

I'm honestly not sure what their purpose is. From working with KCPD in the past, I have recognized that they are tactical in what they release to the public, and they wouldn't make a big deal out of something like this unless they had a reason to.

IMO, there are three possibilities:

A: Maybe they're trying to trick the perp into letting down his/her guard.... if the perp thinks that LE isn't involved, maybe they'll contact the parents (or the perp already contacted the parents and told them to stop cooperating... parents told this to LE and LE is pretending they've stopped cooperating to trick the perp). or:

B: (I'm leaning more toward this one), Maybe they're releasing this message to put pressure on the parents to cooperate more.

or C: A reason we are not aware of.

I'm sorry I'm not very clear what my relationship is with LE. I don't like giving information about myself away on public forums!

9. MsDetective

MsDetective New Member

That's what I was wondering.

10. Veritas

Veritas New Member

I frankly don't know HOW I would act in this situation. But I do think I maybe could be VERY capable of cutting off cooperation with Law Enforcement IF I felt I/we had given every bit of info we had and 1.) they refused to follow up on our information/ tips coming in and/or 2.) they turned their sites on me and began to badger and accuse and torment me as a suspect.
    After all this time, what further "cooperation" does LE need from the parents? Seems like LE has plenty to go forward with?

11. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

If the family is upset or angry with LE, you would think they would be happy to tell the media why, to keep the story going, and stay in the news...JMO

12. illinialum

illinialum New Member

Thank you!

13. norest4thewicked

norest4thewicked True Crime Writer

Your comment wasn't one I was referring to, but thanks for clarifying...:)

14. Wendy101

Wendy101 Well-Known Member

Here is what I hope...

I hope the parents had contact with the kidnapper ... who said "NO LE involved" otherwise, we will hurt her... So, then it makes sense for this sudden new issue, I felt the LE officer was in a rush or panicked or something....

15. Veritas

Veritas New Member

Oh, if LE is treating the parents like some on this board have treated them (right down to shorts vs pj's, ex'es, and leaving a light on for a late-arriving spouse) it would be no wonder they said "Enough!"

16. chieftess

chieftess New Member

I live in KC. I don't believe the police have stopped investigating. I believe the command post was for the searches going on in the wooded areas, not the entire investigation.
    I don't understand the parents decision to no longer cooperate.
    I can understand that perhaps they were feeling overwhelmed by the questioning, but would it not be better to cooperate with an attorney present, than to shut the door entirely?
    As someone else stated, if this is just a matter of them feeling the police aren't doing enough, then we should be seeing them all over the tv soon. I guess time will tell.
    I did some shopping today, in the northland where I live, and did not see one missing poster for that sweet baby.

17. rosiebean

rosiebean Active Member

So...despite your reservations, you cooperated (i.e., worked with) LE to try to clear things up.

I can understand being pissed with LE (I was once falsely accused of a rather serious crime and was lucky that things worked out), but I cannot understand total refusal to work with them...doing so only solidifies their opinion of you as 'bad guy' and does NOTHING to help your child. In my case way back when, refusing to talk with them may have hurt me and only me. I talked, because I was trying to convince at least one person in LE to listen to me (and they eventually did). I cannot fathom refusing to talk to LE and putting my child in even MORE danger than they were in by doing so...it's beyond belief, IMO.

18. Just-a-Guy

Just-a-Guy Verified Expert

You don't need probable cause for a subpoena. Probable cause is a charging concept. I do think your scenario makes a good deal of sense, and is frighteningly realistic. Sadly. But as someone else said, if it's something like this, the mom deserves an Oscar.

19. illinialum

illinialum New Member

All right, I'm signing off for the night -- I have so much I need to get done, but I've been glued to the screen since I got home! I'm keeping Lisa in my thoughts and prayers and hope that she's alive and will soon be safe at home.

20. tlcya

tlcya Old and Tired Websleuth

Thank you illinialum, your input is really appreciated and I certainly understand keeping your private info private on forums.

OT Go illini! (central IL here ) I know you have been on Websleuths a little while but I have never seen you til this case. Just wanted to say Welcome :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.