MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the man seen carrying the baby was on foot , it could be he doesn't own a car ,maybe that's why he couldn't travel far and used a dumpster close to the scene ..how long after the baby missing did the fire occur ?

It could also be that he didn't want to risk someone seeing/hearing a car - maybe he thought he wouldn't be seen if he was just slipping around in the dark on foot.

Lights on - going to be seen or draw attention
Lights off - looks very suspicious and if someone saw, they would probably take note

Every time I try to envision someone going into the house through the computer room window, walking through the house turning on lights, taking a sleeping baby and three cell phones and leaving the house through the front door; I envision someone on drugs, someone who is very brazen, has no fear, and not a care in the world. Someone with no rhyme or reason to what they are doing.
It scares me because I can totally see someone such as this just throwing Lisa away in a dumpster..and I do believe this man was seen by the neighbor man, I believe he was carrying Lisa and she was dressed in only her diaper.

Yes, I agree - even though it sounds crazy it could have happened that way. My family were staying in a short term rental once in a very good area. Around 2am my 4 year old started crying in the hallway because she needed to go to the bathroom. My husband got up (in nothing but his underwear) to take her and there was a man asleep on our couch!!!
We woke him an he apologized and left - seemed quite off his head on 'something'...... Even though the back door was locked, it was a bit dodgy and he'd managed to get it open, put the lights on and come in for a snooze!!!
It was still terrifying and I often think about what might have happened if my daughter had found him by herself......

Thank you, momtective. I heard about the teenage neighbor this morning but I thought it was on local news and I couldn't find a story on their website for it. I think it's interesting that a DNA sample was taken.

I would guess that is it in case they find the child with DNA evidence... they'll have something to compare it to.

MOO :twocents:

IMO, nowdays when so many parents are doing this to their own children it wouldn't be hard to make it look like they did. Everyone knows they look at parents first. Leave no evidence, place a call on the phone (even if it was last dialed number), start dumpster fire close to home (possibly toss in clothes and phones), call in false tips that point it in their direction, leak info to press while claiming to be someone your not (leaks that the LE denied). There are people out there that could come up with such a scheme. While everyone is blaming the parents the baby can change and no longer look like she did.

Lisa is a pretty baby, but she isn't really distinct looking, so easy to blend in. Alot of people live in cities where they have no family and who would know?

A neighbor in one of the video's said the only thing she could think of was earrings ... do 10 month old's have pierced ears?

Also about the man witnessed with a diaper clad baby ... were her clothes found in the house? If not could he have taken the clothes off and burned them in the dumpster?

In the Nightline video the reporter is in Lisa's room and the crib looks exactly like the photos posted in this thread. Is this the way LE found it? Why are there stacks of boxes and a baby tub in it?

I'm not saying the mother is involved but something seems off.

Oh and the cell phones ... who steals 3 cellphones? I think someone got rid of those phones for a reason and they are at the bottom of a pond or lake.
Everyone knows now-a-days that your every movement can be tracked with them. A lot of the new phones have GPS in them ... do the older ones?

BBM

Many babies have pierced ears. Some of that is cultural. Or just personal preference. Some hospitals will do it after birth. My daughter had her ears pierced at 9 months old by the pediatrician.

A neighbor in one of the video's said the only thing she could think of was earrings ... do 10 month old's have pierced ears?

Also about the man witnessed with a diaper clad baby ... were her clothes found in the house? If not could he have taken the clothes off and burned them in the dumpster?

In the Nightline video the reporter is in Lisa's room and the crib looks exactly like the photos posted in this thread. Is this the way LE found it? Why are there stacks of boxes and a baby tub in it?

I'm not saying the mother is involved but something seems off.

Oh and the cell phones ... who steals 3 cellphones? I think someone got rid of those phones for a reason and they are at the bottom of a pond or lake.
Everyone knows now-a-days that your every movement can be tracked with them. A lot of the new phones have GPS in them ... do the older ones?

I keep thinking the cellphones had something on them that the perp wanted to destroy.

I didnt realise that the police only found out about the cell phones when the parents told reporters!

I don't know that this blog source has the correct information.....there is no police statement saying that which I have read. Also, family members were posting the very first day that the baby was not the ONLY thing taken.....so I am guessing if family was told, then so was LE.

jmo

More interesting statistics about infant abductions.

Infants. Roughly equal numbers of infant boys (n = 126) and girls (n = 121) were abducted; 103 infants (42%) were black, 75 (30%) were white, 61 (25%) were Hispanic, and eight (3%) were from other races. The vast majority of abducted infants (95%) were found; 12 (5%) remain missing.

Abductors. The vast majority (237 of the 247 abductors) were women (96%); six were men (2%); the abductor's sex was not recorded in four cases (2%). Ninety-nine (41%) were black, 93 (39%) were white, and 47 (20%) were Hispanic; in eight cases (3%) race wasn't recorded. (We defined race according to the categories that law enforcement agencies used at the time, which were based on definitions from the National Crime Information Center. Many agencies now define Hispanic as an ethnic, rather than racial, category.)

The abductors ranged in age from 14 to 53 years: 90 (36%) were in their 20s, 64 (26%) were in their 30s, 49 (20%) were in their teens, 24 (10%) were in their 40s, and three (1%) were 50 years of age or older. Age was not recorded in 17 (7%) cases. Of the 156 cases with data on the abductor's obstetric history and parental status, 69 (44%) had living biologic children, 27 (17%) reported having had a miscarriage or a stillbirth, and 11 (7%) had both living children and a history of miscarriage. Ninety-one (37%) of the 247 cases were missing these data.

Abductors were known to have made a prior visit to the abduction site in 157 (75%) of the 210 cases reporting this information. One hundred ten abductors (45%) impersonated a health care worker during the crime, and 33 (13%) had made a prior abduction attempt. (We considered impersonation and disguise separately: not all those who impersonated health care or social services personnel wore a disguise such as a uniform, and not all those who wore disguises attempted impersonation.)

Forty-four abductors (18%) used violence, which occurred in nine (8%) of the 116 abductions at health care facilities and in 35 (27%) of the 131 abductions at non-health care locations. (See Abductions Involving Violence, at left.)

http://www.nursingcenter.com/library/JournalArticle.asp?Article_ID=812511

Very insightful, thanks for posting. I wonder how Val knows the parents didn't mention the cell phones during the police interrogation.

I really don't think this is the case (phones were not mentioned to police).
One reason is Mike Larette mentioned them indirectly on Twitter well before the press mentioned them directly, and this was when he was just leaving Austin per his twitter account.

When I say indirect, he said that more had been taken than Lisa. I do not think this wasn't mentioned to police at all.

The lead about the teen neighbor scares me. Because if that pans out, the chances that she is alive would seem rather slim. :(

Thank you, momtective. I heard about the teenage neighbor this morning but I thought it was on local news and I couldn't find a story on their website for it. I think it's interesting that a DNA sample was taken.

I find this most interesting. Somebody the child apparently knows, knew how to get into the house, a man carrying a child down the street in the middle of the night, etc. It simply could be that LE has been checking this out from almost the beginning, especially if they found some kind of DNA that didn't fit the family.

LE doesn't tell everything they know, much to the chagrin of people like myself who want to know everything. They have to keep the really important stuff quiet. Perhaps the whole parents not talking to LE any more was all a set up? Perhaps this guy was on the list the parents gave LE and they just put out there that everybody passed to pull him out into feeling safe.

There is just SO much that COULD be, and I honestly hope that it does turn out the parents had nothing to do with this. It just makes my heart hurt to think about anybody hurting a child in any way, but especially a parent.

I hope these 2 leads pan out! Please, Lord, let them find baby Lisa alive and soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member