MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious, but why would a parent have a well child sleep with her and put the sick child to sleep in a different room? It's MOO that the child sleeping with Debbie was her son and that dad's son was in the room (whose was older, mom or dad's?). The baby was in her crib, obviously.

So, that begs the question as to why have the son sleep with her? Was there a fight between the boys about the kitten? Did they put kitten clothing on baby Lisa because of the kitten (as in soothing a sick baby Lisa and trying to get her to smile)?

I didn't really buy into the sibling accidental whatever theory, but it does kind of fit. :(

It just strikes me that both Aliayah and Lisa were sick and their mother was sleeping with other children while the sick child slept in a room alone. Just an observation, nothing more.

So my question regarding the clothes. If the parents were involved and needed to get rid of the clothes, why would you actually describe clothes she had? Why not just describe PJs you'd seen at target or walmart and did NOT buy. Then there is nothing to find. I just don't understand the detail of the PJs description if they had to then destroy them. MOO

If the parents were involved their thinking could also be that describing what she was wearing would show that a stranger took her if her clothes were found.

I'm not convinced one way or the other about the parents involvement.

JMHO

The more real facts you can incorporate the less likely for a slip up on questioning.

Right. I want to believe the parents. If they described what she was wearing than I want a visual representation of what her clothes actually look like so that I can post info about it on here or facebook, etc. They want Lisa to be alive and safe. I want all of the details of everything to do with Lisa.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/15647944/police-again-questioning-missing-babys-parents

Kansas City police are again questioning the parents of a missing 10-month-old infant.

Debbie Bradley and Jeremy Irwin had agreed to conduct a 10 a.m. interview Saturday with KCTV5 about the disappearance of their daughter, Lisa Irwin.

The interview was abruptly canceled because the parents had agreed to meet with detectives to talk about the disappearance of baby Lisa, a family spokesman told KCTV5.

Since this came from a family spokesman I take it with a grain of salt. We have heard from the same family spokesman that the parents have met several times with LE since Thursday and LE denies it. Personally I think they are trying to do damage control. I would be very surprised if they have spoken with the police since Thursday. I would want to hear it from the police and not the family.

I was just thinking about the conflicting information regarding parent's cooperating with LE or not....with the FBI being here as well as local LE (KCPD) I wonder if the parents are talking with FBI and not KCPD and KCPD has their "feelings hurt" (not sure how to word that nicer...lol...as it seems that KCPD is still the lead LE on this case and FBI is only assisting...that could explain the differing statements regarding cooperation.

Also, during this down time waiting for news here is an article that some may find interesting regarding the KCPD and Precious Doe.
http://muskogeephoenix.com/local/x434661146/Man-who-fought-for-justice-dies/print

Please don't get me wrong...I was so impressed early on with KCPD and the handling of this case...but as the days pass I start to really question some of the things they have and have not done. Again, my mind returns to Kelsey Smith's case and the handling of it. Completely different LE strategies between the two.

I guess my point is, as easy as it is to change our minds and doubt the parents, it is just as easy to have doubts or a lack of faith in LE. Just seems like it goes both ways....guess that is why I am still on the fence. :)

I say that's a real good thought......Maybe the parents are talking to the FBI and not the KCPD.

Detectives loaded with paperwork questioning a neighbor out in public and staying there an hour means something.

That is a lot of manpower in a missing baby case.

Sneak Peek: Judge Jeanine’s Exclusive Interview with Baby Lisa’s Parents
by Justice With Judge Jeanine Posted in: Baby Lisa, Lisa Irwin

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/10/0...-exclusive-interview-with-baby-lisas-parents/

“Him[Jeremy] coming in the bedroom saying, ‘Why are the lights on?’ you know, ‘why is the screen popped out of the window?’ Lisa’s bedroom door was open, and we always close it when she goes to sleep at night. He ran back and checked … came in the room and said, ‘Where’s Lisa? Where’s she at?’ I ran back and said, ‘She’s in her crib?’ He said, ‘She’s not there.’ And we got up and started screaming for her and looking everywhere, and she wasn’t there.”

Is this what they said before? I thought he checked on he and saw she was gone before he went to wake Deborah.

Just curious, but why would a parent have a well child sleep with her and put the sick child to sleep in a different room? It's MOO that the child sleeping with Debbie was her son and that dad's son was in the room (whose was older, mom or dad's?). The baby was in her crib, obviously.

So, that begs the question as to why have the son sleep with her? Was there a fight between the boys about the kitten? Did they put kitten clothing on baby Lisa because of the kitten (as in soothing a sick baby Lisa and trying to get her to smile)?

I didn't really buy into the sibling accidental whatever theory, but it does kind of fit. :(

BBM. Depends on how long the baby had been sick. Perhaps Monday night was the first night that Mom was able to get the baby down for a restful sleep. Also, some moms are not comfortable having a baby in bed with them, particularly if mom is a sound sleeper...they don't want to risk rolling over on them and injuring or smothering them. With an older child it's not as much a problem.

Why are they putting things out to the media that are not going to help in the least to find their baby??

She had the baby monitor on....ok

They are cooperating with the police....ok

Where's their pins, T-shirts, command post? Why isn't she holding up a poster of her child EVERY time they are on TV. Why not give the number for the tip line instead of just saying, "call the tip line". I'm believing in their innocence less and less every minute.

There's no sign that these two are really looking for their missing child, none.

FWIW, Until last Thursday night they were with LE almost 24/7. Posters have been put out. These cases need people to rally around the parents to make the pins, tshirts and set up the command posts. I think LE's presser killed any hopes that many people will be rallying around these parents. LE has made it clear that they are looking for a dead child and as far as they are concerned, mom killed her.

Family members of 10-month-old Lisa Irwin, missing since Tuesday, announced Saturday that they would scale back their media interviews for the time being and focus on generating tips for police.

Mike LeRette — a cousin of the baby's mother, Deborah Bradley, and a spokesman for the family — said lawyers are now working with the family to set up a trust fund that would accept donations for a reward fund.

That process is moving slowly, LeRette said, but he hopes to have an announcement soon. Family members sense that the volume of tips to authorities has fallen off in the last couple of days and they hope a generous reward fund will encourage more tips.

Snipped: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/08/3194711/missing-girls-family-to-work-on.html

Jeremy's son is 8 (apparently he just turned 8 last week or weekend). Deborah's son is 6.

Police are not obligated to explain when they have cleared a lead, but if you follow cases in other states, they usually do - so that they have public attention on the things they need help with. They usually say, "We determined that the child seen one street over lives in that house."

Why would another parent be outside at 2:30 a.m., conveniently at the time of the trash fire on the same street, with the child dressed only in a diaper, in October?

If the child lives where it was seen by 2 - not one, but 2 other people - it should be easy enough to check.

It may not be obvious to those who live in the area, but those who live outside the state are familiar with police making statements about leads, and those that have been "cleared" and those that are active. The fact that they haven't is quite curious.

I was just thinking about the conflicting information regarding parent's cooperating with LE or not....with the FBI being here as well as local LE (KCPD) I wonder if the parents are talking with FBI and not KCPD and KCPD has their "feelings hurt" (not sure how to word that nicer...lol...as it seems that KCPD is still the lead LE on this case and FBI is only assisting...that could explain the differing statements regarding cooperation.

Also, during this down time waiting for news here is an article that some may find interesting regarding the KCPD and Precious Doe.
http://muskogeephoenix.com/local/x434661146/Man-who-fought-for-justice-dies/print

Please don't get me wrong...I was so impressed early on with KCPD and the handling of this case...but as the days pass I start to really question some of the things they have and have not done. Again, my mind returns to Kelsey Smith's case and the handling of it. Completely different LE strategies between the two.

I guess my point is, as easy as it is to change our minds and doubt the parents, it is just as easy to have doubts or a lack of faith in LE. Just seems like it goes both ways....guess that is why I am still on the fence. :)

Good observation! One thing to remember is that Kelsey's father was a retired law enforcement officer. I'm sure he knew how to get the ball rolling, whereas Lisa's parents seem naive when it comes to handling the media.

Hoping for good news today.

Sneak Peek: Judge Jeanine’s Exclusive Interview with Baby Lisa’s Parents
by Justice With Judge Jeanine Posted in: Baby Lisa, Lisa Irwin

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/10/0...-exclusive-interview-with-baby-lisas-parents/

“Him[Jeremy] coming in the bedroom saying, ‘Why are the lights on?’ you know, ‘why is the screen popped out of the window?’ Lisa’s bedroom door was open, and we always close it when she goes to sleep at night. He ran back and checked … came in the room and said, ‘Where’s Lisa? Where’s she at?’ I ran back and said, ‘She’s in her crib?’ He said, ‘She’s not there.’ And we got up and started screaming for her and looking everywhere, and she wasn’t there.”

Is this what they said before? I thought he checked on he and saw she was gone before he went to wake Deborah.

The Question

In this exclusive preview clip, Judge Jeanine asks Jeremy and Deborah Irwin, “What’s the next thing you remember?” after realizing that their child had gone missing from her crib.

(The Answer makes no sense.)

Deborah responds saying,

Detectives loaded with paperwork questioning a neighbor out in public and staying there an hour means something.

That is a lot of manpower in a missing baby case.

I wonder why they didn't take it inside where it would be more private than standing outside. Maybe they did go inside. IDK:crazy:

wm

But the public isn't likely to see a birthmark on her thigh, JMO. Sure, it can help rule out once LE is involved in checking out a tip, I suppose...I just have little faith in the public being able to ID this particular baby at a glance. JMO

This is why I wish the parents would focus on distinguishing things about Lisa, rather than defending themselves, in the media. Still a long-shot that Lisa would be found via sighting, but it could happen with the right information out there. (BTW: thrilled that the parents are reportedly communicating with LE again.)

If she's not involved, it would be helpful to the public to hear Debbie make a statement something like:

Lisa was abducted from our house sometimes after 10:30 pm and before 4 a.m. I did not have any in-person communication or phone/text/computer communication during that period because I was asleep the whole time. I'm told I failed a lie detector test. I don't know if I failed or not. I know I told the truth. I will do anything to get Lisa back and continue to cooperate with LE. Please look for my baby Lisa and call the tip line at *advertiser censored*-xxxx if you have any information. She is (physical description again) and she stands alone, crawls and can only walk with assistance (for example). Her favorite show to watch on tv is xxxxx. She usually laughs at xxxxx. She tries to say xxxx words and it sounds like xxxx. Her favorite juice is xxxx and she loves to eat xxxx. She is afraid of dogs, but loves cats (for example). If you have any information, please call the tip line (number again, show photos). We miss and love Lisa and we need her home.

Just an example, but this type of information might be useful in helping to find Lisa and minimizing false sighting leads. At the very least, if the abductor heard it, it could help him/her to make Lisa more comfortable if the motive for aduction was not to harm the baby. JMO.

Also from KaylynnCouture's link:
The family is not unhappy with the police investigation and continues to pass along its leads and ideas, [Mike] LeRette said, adding that [Jeremy] Irwin spoke with police and the FBI a couple of times Friday.

“We don’t get any feedback, but we’re not dissatisfied,” LeRette said. “We’re in the dark like everyone else.”

Besides the trust fund, the family hopes to focus this weekend on getting flyers and photographs of Lisa into the hands of anyone who may have seen either her or her abductor.

He said up to 8,000 flyers a day have been printed since Tuesday. Some have gone to truck stops so drivers can pick them up for distribution far and wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater