MO MO - Melissa Peskey, 40, shot and killed, Boonville, 13 Dec 2018

This is verrrry interesting to me. Her spouse has not been named (nor ruled out) as a suspect. What is interesting to me is that the life insurance company is not attempting to withhold the funds, they are asking the court to name another administrator or guardian of the estate, and asking the life insurance proceeds to be deposited into the estate. Her spouse was named as beneficiary on the $550,000 in life insurance and was also appointed administrator of the estate, so I am shocked he has not received the life insurance benefits after 15 months.

This is verrrry interesting to me. Her spouse has not been named (nor ruled out) as a suspect. What is interesting to me is that the life insurance company is not attempting to withhold the funds, they are asking the court to name another administrator or guardian of the estate, and asking the life insurance proceeds to be deposited into the estate. Her spouse was named as beneficiary on the $550,000 in life insurance and was also appointed administrator of the estate, so I am shocked he has not received the life insurance benefits after 15 months.
Well well well

Not quite. From the article ...

The company is asking that the court appoint a guardian ad litem to represent the interest of the two children, and is asking that it deposit the life insurance benefits plus interest with the court, for the court’s determination on where the money should go.
The guardian ad litem (likely an attorney) is just to represent the interest of the children not the estate and they want to deposit the money with the court rather than the estate. The guardian ad litem has to be paid. With the one policy for $400K where the children are contingent beneficiaries they are trying to bypass the primary beneficiary.

This seems like either some kind of law enforcement end run to try to obtain statements that they otherwise cannot obtain - he has to have a lawyer with the way law enforcement has been acting - or a way to tie up funds so if they charge him he can't afford private defense attorneys. Certainly, law enforcement wanted this in the news as I doubt that the newspaper just happened upon the case in PACER.

If anyone has PACER access they should be able to pull this case and see what, if any, information it contains that we haven't heard about yet. Or better yet, just who the defendants are that New York Life is not in collusion with. Is it him? Her family? Law enforcement? A prosecutor? The State of Missouri? More than one of these?

The company is asking that the court appoint a guardian ad litem to represent the interest of the two children, and is asking that it deposit the life insurance benefits plus interest with the court, for the court’s determination on where the money should go.
The guardian ad litem (likely an attorney) is just to represent the interest of the children not the estate and they want to deposit the money with the court rather than the estate. The guardian ad litem has to be paid. With the one policy for $400K where the children are contingent beneficiaries they are trying to bypass the primary beneficiary.

This seems like either some kind of law enforcement end run to try to obtain statements that they otherwise cannot obtain - he has to have a lawyer with the way law enforcement has been acting - or a way to tie up funds so if they charge him he can't afford private defense attorneys. Certainly, law enforcement wanted this in the news as I doubt that the newspaper just happened upon the case in PACER.

If anyone has PACER access they should be able to pull this case and see what, if any, information it contains that we haven't heard about yet. Or better yet, just who the defendants are that New York Life is not in collusion with. Is it him? Her family? Law enforcement? A prosecutor? The State of Missouri? More than one of these?

Very interesting, and that's a good theory.

They may also be concerned the husband will take some or all the money and disappear out of the country. Since he hasn't been arrested or charged, there's nothing now to stop him, right? It sure sounds like they have something on him but need a witness or more evidence.

Their request for assistance in the news up there makes it sound (JMO) like think he had an accomplice (possibly unwitting). Would he have needed help in acquiring a rental car or making some similar arrangement before or after his trip to chase his wife and kids? Are there records of him calling or texting someone? Can't recall, but was he in a relationship with another woman?

Also, the $500,000 life insurance policy on his wife seems excessive for what seemed to be a working class family who had to stretch paychecks a little.

Maybe someone at that insurance company has heard about Susan Cox Powell:

UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #7

I don't remember if insurance is involved -- but there are certain similarities between the situations as reported in main stream media.

Did Mr. Petsky stand in front of a reporter's microphone and say "Whoever did this, killed this wife & mother, we're going to find you, hunt you down, and bring you to justice???"

If so, please post the clip -- I missed that.

Or, perhaps someone at the insurance company read about Jennifer Farber Dulos:

Deceased/Not Found - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #48

Didn't follow Christopher Watts, I believe there are similarities.

Scott Peterson, Drew Peterson?

JMHO YMMV LRR

Maybe someone at that insurance company has heard about Susan Cox Powell:

UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #7

I don't remember if insurance is involved -- but there are certain similarities between the situations as reported in main stream media.

Did Mr. Petsky stand in front of a reporter's microphone and say "Whoever did this, killed this wife & mother, we're going to find you, hunt you down, and bring you to justice???"

If so, please post the clip -- I missed that.

Or, perhaps someone at the insurance company read about Jennifer Farber Dulos:

Deceased/Not Found - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #48

Didn't follow Christopher Watts, I believe there are similarities.

Scott Peterson, Drew Peterson?

JMHO YMMV LRR

Yeah, the insurance company has seen a thing or two. I'm following their judgment on this one.

How about

View attachment 237902

absolutely no idea which insurance company is involved, this image is from farmers.com.

JMHO YMMV LRR

"New York Life’s complaint says there are potential conflicts of interest because Ryan Peskey was named as the administrator of his wife’s estate."

Murdered woman's life insurer doesn't want husband to get money despite no charges in case

Just something from one of your biggest fans, Laughing! But, you probably already know this by now.

Thanks for the clarification! I was able to access on PACER...
Plaintiff
New York Life Insurance Company
represented by Shane E. Eden
Davenport, Evans, Hurwitz & Smith, LLP
PO Box 1030
Sioux Falls, SD 57101-1030
(605) 336-2880
Fax: (605) 335-3639
Email: seden@dehs.com
LEAD ATTORNEY
ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED

V.
Defendant
Ryan Peskey

Individually, as legal guardian of C.A.P and A.B.P., minors and as Administrator of the Estate of Melissa Peskey
Defendant
C.A.P.

a minor
Defendant
A.B.P.

a minor
Defendant
Melissa Peskey

The Estae of Melissa Peskey
Here is a PDF of the docket sheet South Dakota District Court Version 1.1 LIVE DATABASE.pdf

Update on the Life Insurance case

Peskey’s husband seeks her death benefits

U.S. District Chief Judge Roberto Lange ordered on June 5 that New York Life Insurance Co. pay $550,000 — plus applicable interest — to the U.S. District Court Clerks Office of South Dakota.

That amount represents the combined death benefits due from two individual life insurance policies as a result of the death of former Chatsworth resident Melissa Ann (Renken) Peskey.

Lange ordered the funds paid to the U.S. District Court Clerks Office by the insurance company be deposited into an interest-bearing account pending further direction from the court.​

According to the complaint, Melissa Peskey purchased two life insurance policies — one in 2003 and another in 2008 — that named her husband, Ryan Peskey, as the primary beneficiary.

The policies had a combined worth of $550,000. The Peskeys’ children were named as contingent beneficiaries in 2015 on the bigger of the two policies, which was worth $400,000.​

Update on the Life Insurance case

Peskey’s husband seeks her death benefits

U.S. District Chief Judge Roberto Lange ordered on June 5 that New York Life Insurance Co. pay $550,000 — plus applicable interest — to the U.S. District Court Clerks Office of South Dakota.

That amount represents the combined death benefits due from two individual life insurance policies as a result of the death of former Chatsworth resident Melissa Ann (Renken) Peskey.

Lange ordered the funds paid to the U.S. District Court Clerks Office by the insurance company be deposited into an interest-bearing account pending further direction from the court.​

According to the complaint, Melissa Peskey purchased two life insurance policies — one in 2003 and another in 2008 — that named her husband, Ryan Peskey, as the primary beneficiary.

The policies had a combined worth of $550,000. The Peskeys’ children were named as contingent beneficiaries in 2015 on the bigger of the two policies, which was worth $400,000.​

Thanks for the update! Sounds like the life insurance company still suspects something suspicious about her death. Unfortunately, they're experts at this kind of thing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back