MO MO - Melissa Peskey, 40, shot and killed, Boonville, 13 Dec 2018

Wow! What had been felt on here that she might be fleeing her husband since it was such an odd time to go across the country turns out to possibly be true, according to the friend. Keloland investigated the number of the texts to the friend, and it turned out to be Melissa's number. She told the friend that her husband had threatened to shoot her if she left him. She also made the friend promise to tell the police that he killed her if something were to happen to her. Just horrifying. Even more frightening because he has custody of the children.
Melissa Peskey Friend: "This Is Exactly What Melissa Said Would Happen To Her."

Wow! What had been felt on here that she might be fleeing her husband since it was such an odd time to go across the country turns out to possibly be true, according to the friend. Keloland investigated the number of the texts to the friend, and it turned out to be Melissa's number. She told the friend that her husband had threatened to shoot her if she left him. She also made the friend promise to tell the police that he killed her if something were to happen to her. Just horrifying. Even more frightening because he has custody of the children.
Melissa Peskey Friend: "This Is Exactly What Melissa Said Would Happen To Her."

Very sad to hear this. Poor woman. Unfortunately, abused women leave these kinds of messages with friends and family. All too often, it ends up being true. Sounds like LE is taking this very seriously.

So the messages we see are from 6 to 7 weeks prior (at least the first two screenshots - no time stamps seen on the right-most screenshot) and all before her husband returns from Afghanistan. I would think that this friend should have messages closer to when Melissa left for South Carolina.
Interesting point. I wonder if MP deleted them on her phone and then MP didn't text after he got back from fear of him getting her phone and checking her texts. Hindsight is 20/20, but it is a shame she did not leave and go back to her hometown what is it...3 or 6 months...before filing for divorce. Of course they had a home that needed maintaining. I feel sorry for her. Sometimes if your husband is a police officer or in the military, they are believed more than a civilian.

I was trying to listen carefully to this video. Honestly can’t say if this is the same person from the GH video that was pulled.

She stated she went to LE and reported what she knew. Also spoke with CPS regarding her concern for the children.

I was wishy washy after all the info posted on random shootings. Trying to be open minded and consider other possibilities.

Then I’m right back to what I’ve stated here before. If we can take at face value what we’ve heard from her friends - MP was running from her situation and never made it to safety.

Heartbreaking.

What struck me was the statement from Melissa's friend was that Melissa told her that "she didn't want to get a protection order because she was worried it would anger her husband more". She states this at 4:09 time point in the video.

We have, unfortunately, seen some cases where this did happen.

What a horrible situation many women find themselves in. Deeply saddening.

What struck me was the statement from Melissa's friend was that Melissa told her that "she didn't want to get a protection order because she was worried it would anger her husband more". She states this at 4:09 time point in the video.

We have, unfortunately, seen some cases where this did happen.

What a horrible situation many women find themselves in. Deeply saddening.

And this is true even with filing a police report. Abusers like to do this privately, not have the public know that they are not the wonderful person that they so often present to the world.

Thanks, Jethro4WS, that says alot that there is basically no comment. I wonder if part of the reason that the children were turned over to him was because nobody was from Missouri. Her mother was many miles away, and he also lived many miles away. Such an odd set of circumstances.

Another thing that I think is odd, is that he did not answer his phone right away. Most of us, when we have a loved one traveling far away, like to know that they arrived safely. This would be especially true of a woman and children when they are the travelers. Doesn't a normal person that loves their family stay close by their phone, not overdrink, or take any medicine that could make you drowsy so that they can respond quickly in case their traveling family has a problem on the road? No wonder they suspected him. Why would be not be awake enough to answer at 10 but then at 2?

Thanks, Jethro4WS, that says alot that there is basically no comment. I wonder if part of the reason that the children were turned over to him was because nobody was from Missouri. Her mother was many miles away, and he also lived many miles away. Such an odd set of circumstances.

Another thing that I think is odd, is that he did not answer his phone right away. Most of us, when we have a loved one traveling far away, like to know that they arrived safely. This would be especially true of a woman and children when they are the travelers. Doesn't a normal person that loves their family stay close by their phone, not overdrink, or take any medicine that could make you drowsy so that they can respond quickly in case their traveling family has a problem on the road? No wonder they suspected him. Why would be not be awake enough to answer at 10 but then at 2?

BBM: Remember, (unless I missed it and I don't think I did) HE is the ONLY person saying he answered at 0200 from home in bed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rebecca.ingram1214@gmail.
Back