MO MO - Melissa Peskey, 40, shot and killed, Boonville, 13 Dec 2018

BUT if he had a tracking device somewhere on her/ the car/ in the kids' backpacks - he would not NEED to follow within visual range until the very end, right? He could lay several miles back and wait for the right place and time.
But, of course, law enforcement would find the device unless somehow he could get to it to remove it.

Not unless she thought that would be a possibility. If he had followed her before, she really wouldn't think about that, would she? I don't think I would. I sometimes watch "what" cars are behind me when I'm driving. You know, looking for "fast" cars coming up, changing lanes, acting crazy!! LOL!

As everyone has said - not much to go on & no updates lately. At least I couldn't find any.
I wonder if another car ran her into a ditch and then shot her.

He said he made it private due to someone who called in and then there were a bunch of crazy comments. I missed that part of it. I just heard the friend part.

Gray made it private when the friend of Melissa's called him back and asked him too. Apparently Melissa's husband called her and said he watched the video and was turning it over to his attorney.
As an update I can tell you he interviewed another of her friends but out of concern for the safety of the children, who he now has custody of, he will not be posting it until an arrest is made. I think this is a wise decision on his part. At least someone besbesides Melissa has the kids best interest and safety at heart.
It does bother me how little this case is in the news! I'm in Kansas City and nothing as far as updates online.

I wonder if another car ran her into a ditch and then shot her.

I wonder how the shooter would be able to hit her while driving in the dark. I don't know, but it doesn't look like that stretch of interstate has lights. Running her off the road, before the shooting, would make it easier to shoot her of course.

Gray made it private when the friend of Melissa's called him back and asked him too. Apparently Melissa's husband called her and said he watched the video and was turning it over to his attorney.
As an update I can tell you he interviewed another of her friends but out of concern for the safety of the children, who he now has custody of, he will not be posting it until an arrest is made. I think this is a wise decision on his part. At least someone besbesides Melissa has the kids best interest and safety at heart.
It does bother me how little this case is in the news! I'm in Kansas City and nothing as far as updates online.

Gray Hughes' episode from today: "Discuss Melissa Peskey and a decision! - Kelsey Berreth - Jayme Closs - other cases", he says that the "shark" (aggressive) reporter has been on vacation over the holidays. Hopefully, the coverage will resume after the New Year. Here's the link to the most current Gray Hughes episode:

I wonder how the shooter would be able to hit her while driving in the dark. I don't know, but it doesn't look like that stretch of interstate has lights. Running her off the road, before the shooting, would make it easier to shoot her of course.
Oo Hwy is very close to the Interstate there, with trees for cover. It would be an ideal spot to park and wait in the trees at night.
Google Maps

Sure, but it would be easily found out that it was used. Plus the phone that is tracking the other phone(s) would have to be active as well and the identity of the phone (not necessarily the person who had it) would be easily discovered.

With perhaps further investigation, from obtaining evidence noted in tracking etc, I hope there is an arrest very soon.

Oo Hwy is very close to the Interstate there, with trees for cover. It would be an ideal spot to park and wait in the trees at night.
Google Maps

Thank you for commenting, Mr. Obvious. Any attention that we can bring to this case, at this point, is so appreciated. There is a dearth of information right now from media and LE.

I still do wonder about the shooter being able to see in the dark, because it appears there is no lighting on that stretch of I-70 where Melissa Peskey was shot. I might add that the bullet that killed her entered her skull behind the left ear. But that information came from Gray Hughes' most recent YouTube episode, and he did not have a corroborating mainstream media link to verify this statement. I repeat, Gray Hughes did state this information in his most recent episode (today) on YouTube, but it is not corroborated with a link by Gray Hughes.

Here is a link to today's Gray Hughes episode on YouTube:

Insofar as the shooter being able to see in the dark, I can only offer that night vision goggles were used, maybe?

Last edited:
Thank you for commenting, Mr. Obvious. Any attention that we can bring to this case, at this point, is so appreciated. There is a dearth of information right now from media and LE.

I still do wonder about the shooter being able to see in the dark, because it appears there is no lighting on that stretch of I-70 where Melissa Peskey was shot. I might add that the bullet that killed her entered her skull behind the left ear. But that information came from Gray Hughes' most recent YouTube episode, and he did not have a corroborating mainstream media link to verify this statement. I repeat, Gray Hughes did state this information in his most recent episode (today) on YouTube, but it is not corroborated with a link by Gray Hughes.

Insofar as the shooter being able to see in the dark, I can only offer that night vision goggles were used, maybe?

They shoot coyotes at night in South Dakota. I believe they use a night vision scope or rail mounted light on your long gun. Coyotes have been a problem in the Hartford area.
Coyote takes dog from Sioux Falls home

I wonder about that too since in the latest MSM article the person from the Missouri State Highway Patrol said they won't say whether the shot was fired before the accident or after it as that is part of their investigation.

It is one thing to be able to make a shot from one moving vehicle into another and not just hit a person but hit them fatally and quite another to do all of that in the dark. Leaves much more to chance of having a live victim when trying to do that, but if that was supposed to be that way then what was the plan if the shot(s) missed or were not fatal.

This is why I find this case interesting if this turns out to be planned.

I wonder about that too since in the latest MSM article the person from the Missouri State Highway Patrol said they won't say whether the shot was fired before the accident or after it as that is part of their investigation.

It is one thing to be able to make a shot from one moving vehicle into another and not just hit a person but hit them fatally and quite another to do all of that in the dark. Leaves much more to chance of having a live victim when trying to do that, but if that was supposed to be that way then what was the plan if the shot(s) missed or were not fatal.

This is why I find this case interesting if this turns out to be planned.

I can only think that more than one shot was fired.

Or an infrared night vision scope on the weapon?

LE should already know what type of firearm was used to shoot her including size of bullet unless it made an exit wound and wound up not being located in the general area where it happened.

Imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back