GUILTY MO - Mengqi Elledge, 28, found deceased, Columbia, 9 Oct 2019 *husband arrested*

Levee construction continues in search for missing Columbia woman

Construction crews made progress Friday on a new levee in the Lamine River to help find the body of a missing Columbia woman.

Columbia police said the levee will allow heavy machinery into the river while divers try to reach the south column of the bridge. Investigators said the body of Mengqi Ji was caught in a log jam somewhere under the bridge. Columbia Public Works trucks hauled large rocks from nearby quarries to the river access area to build the levee. Columbia police said cadaver dogs continued to signal near that specific area. Columbia Police Chief Geoff Jones said building the levee was a slow process.

Search for missing Columbia woman ends for the week - ABC17NEWS

The search for a missing Columbia woman has wrapped up for the week because of expected rain and storms.
Brittany Hilderbrand, a spokeswoman for the Columbia Police Department, said Tuesday that crews were wrapping up the search for Mengqi Ji until next week. Police are searching part of the Lamine River near Boonville.
Police say cadaver dogs have indicated human remains might be in the area.

Man pleads not guilty to murdering missing Missouri wife

•Joseph Elledge was charged in February with murder in the death of Mengqi Ji Elledge.
pleaded not guilty in March to domestic assault and child abuse charges related to the couple’s young daughter.
pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder Tue May 26.
•also waived his formal arraignment.

On Tuesday, Columbia police spokesman Jeff Pitts said crews are waiting for more heavy equipment from the Columbia’s Public Works department to help with the searching in areas of the river that may have missed.

CPD ends excavation process in missing Columbia woman river search

JUNE 17
Columbia police have finished the process of using a levee to excavate the area of Lamine River under Highway 41 where possible human remains have been detected during the search for Mengqi Ji.
I was so hopeful that they would find her. Having her body would greatly help the prosecution, in this instance. I know that there have been several cases that have seen a conviction without one, but with his defense attorney, I would feel much better if they could find her.

Human remains being recovered off the Gasconade River

“The Maries County Sheriff's Office is investigating after it found human remains off the Gasconade River according to a Facebook post Sunday.”

I know they had been searching the Lamine River, but I wonder if this is a possibility? :(

Missouri Native here. Born and raised in the St. Louis area. Spent all my summers growing up at the Lake of the Ozarks. Attended college North of Kansas City. My job and kids in college require me to drive around the state frequently. So, I'm pretty familiar with these areas. Here's some perspective that may help.

The Lamine River flows North/Northeast from Central Missouri, into the Missouri River just west of Boonville, MO. Boonville is just to the west on Interstate 70 from Columbia, MO.

The Gasconade River flows North/Northeast from South Central Missouri, into the Missouri River just west of Hermann, MO.

Boonville to Hermann is 88 Miles or 1 hour 22 minutes.

Columbia to Hermann is 80.6 Miles or 1 hour 16 minutes.

The most logical routes (Boonville to Columbia to Hermann) would take I-70 East to County Highway 19 South into Hermann.

(edited: spelling)

Missouri Native here. Born and raised in the St. Louis area. Spent all my summers growing up at the Lake of the Ozarks. Attended college North of Kansas City. My job and kids in college require me to drive around the state frequently. So, I'm pretty familiar with these areas. Here's some perspective that may help.

The Lamine River flows North/Northeast from Central Missouri, into the Missouri River just west of Boonville, MO. Boonville is just to the west on Interstate 70 from Columbia, MO.

The Gasconade River flows North/Northeast from South Central Missouri, into the Missouri River just west of Hermann, MO.

The most logical routes (Boonville to Columbia to Hermann) would take I-70 East to County Highway 19 South into Hermann.

Missouri native here, too. Just north of Columbia. I need to go back and read more of where it was said that he drove around. I can’t remember all the details. Which is why I wondered if it could even be a possibility.

Missouri native here, too. Just north of Columbia. I need to go back and read more of where it was said that he drove around. I can’t remember all the details. Which is why I wondered if it could even be a possibility.

Human remains being recovered off the Gasconade River

UPDATE:
The remains are believed to be a male subject around 50 years of age and its believed they had been exposed for less than a year.

I just read through this thread today. Poor Mengqi, may she RIP and may her parents have the comfort of their grandchild to carry them through this.

Just watching the interview he did, my first thought was, "That gross little worm killed her." (it may have been a bit more colorful)

Hearing the things he recorded? Awful. Can you imagine the pure poison he must have spewed at her that wasn't recorded?

No comment on his mama.

I look forward to the trial and justice for Mengqi.

moo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4