GUILTY MO - Mengqi Elledge, 28, found deceased, Columbia, 9 Oct 2019 *husband arrested*

Tina2798

Reaction score
Police seek help in locating missing woman

*modnote*

Mengqi Ji Elledge, 28, was last seen at her home in the 2600 block of Eastwood Drive about 11:30 p.m. Tuesday. When her husband woke up Wednesday morning around 5 a.m., she was gone, police said. She was reported missing that evening.

Title adapted to add Columbia

Last edited by a moderator:
Missing Persons Cases Network
Yesterday at 7:36 AM ·
Mengqi Ji Elledge, 28
Columbia, MO
Last seen Oct 8th, 2019

The Columbia Police Department is asking for the public’s help locating a 28-year-old Columbia, MO woman.

Mengqi Ji Elledge was last seen at her residence in the 2600 block of Eastwood Drive on Oct. 8, 2019 at approximately 11:30 p.m., when she went to bed. It was reported that when her husband woke up Wednesday, Oct. 9, at approximately 5 a.m., she was gone. He reported her missing at approximately 5:45 p.m. that day.

She left behind all of her belongs except her purse.

Anyone who sees or hears from her or anyone with any information regarding Mengqi should immediately dial 911 to contact the nearest law enforcement agency or call the Columbia Police Department at 573-874-7652. Case number: 2019-010707

*modsnip*

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be interesting to know if there was anything going on at home. They have an approx 1 year old baby. Did she have any post-natal depression? Was she just finding things a bit tough and just needed some time away? I feel that there must be more to this than we know at the moment. On Facebook they come across as a nice, normal, happy family but social media doesn't always paint the real picture.

Not pointing fingers or anything, she just may have been struggling to cope and under a lot of stress and needed to get away for a bit. MOO

Oh no. In a case like this where she is potentially a recent arrival to the US, I always worry about how much of a support network she has besides her husband. It is definitely not good when important items are left behind and the only information is "I woke up and she was gone".

I will hold out hope that she perhaps is unaware of how to get out of a relationship (if she had met someone new) and went about it in a very convoluted way. He also doesn't seem like he was very in tune with her. If she had any health issues that could cause irrational behavior, it doesn't seem like she had close friends who might know that.

Really hoping that LE is investigating and following up on ALL possibilities here.

Everyone deals with grief differently, which I agree with, so normally i'd give him a pass for the odd smirk he has in the video. BUT he repeatedly refers to her in past tense. Thats a bad sign.

It's tricky to read him in this. I think the smirks are just him being nervous about talking in front of the cameras, I am known to giggle inappropriately in certain circumstances just because of nerves or anxiety and it looks like that to me. I agree with you also that talking about her in the past tense is also a bad sign, but I'm not so sure in this case as he is refering to the day she went missing and he does also talk about rebuilding a future with her.

I'm sort of leaning towards giving him the benefit of the doubt at the moment, unless anything else crops up to suggest otherwise. I hope I'm right as that might mean she just felt that she needed to get away from the situation, at least for a while, and might be staying with a friend? I hope so anyway.

It would be good to know what happened the evening before she went missing. Did they have an argument of some sort? I'm not saying he did anything to her, just that it might have been the final straw for her and she felt she had to get out. Or god forbid she decided to harm herself and wanted to do it when nobody was around to stop her. He admitted they had grown apart and this is not unusual with a young baby in the family, it can really take it's toll on your relationship. But I just think it would be good to know what the possibilities are.

It is also interesting that she left without the baby. If she left willingly then she obviously trusted her husband to continue looking after the baby. If I had a safe place to go and didn't trust my husband for some reason then I would take the baby with me. MOO.

100%. I first read about this case last week and I was suspicious of her husband for waiting 12 hours to report her missing. But now, after seeing that, my hinky meter is way off the rails.
He's 100% telling the truth, MOO. I think she left on her own free will, she may have met someone who sweet talked her. Hubby seems awfully immature.

He's 100% telling the truth, MOO. I think she left on her own free will, she may have met someone who sweet talked her. Hubby seems awfully immature.

Yes, definitely immature. They way he talked about when he has looked after the baby on his own and then he's almost surprised at how much hard work it is. I expect maybe he hasn't been giving her enough support with the baby and has been clueless to what she is going through, and she has had enough and left.

Yes, definitely immature. They way he talked about when he has looked after the baby on his own and then he's almost surprised at how much hard work it is. I expect maybe he hasn't been giving her enough support with the baby and has been clueless to what she is going through, and she has had enough and left.
You said it so much better than I. That's it in a nutshell!!

She received her master’s degree from MU in mechanical engineering, her mother-in-law Jean Elledge, said. She spent the last year as a stay-at-home mom and provided translating services part-time, she added. She is also an artist and paints with acrylics often, Elledge said.

Mengqi Ji Elledge’s parents arrived in Columbia late Monday night, Elledge said. They are working with detectives to provide information to aid police in finding their daughter.

There is no additional information about the case, said Jeff Pitts, a CPD spokesman.
MO - MO - Mengqi Elledge, 28, Columbia, 9 Oct 2019

I wish they would ever give us a shred of reasoning when they decide to switch to criminal/foul play. I’m usually (unfortunately?) extremely critical of the Boyfriend or husband, but I did not get “the feeling” in the interview. He seemed very nerdy, kinda awkward but above all, very proud of his wife. He could also be an incredible actor or liar though... just waiting to see if they’re thinking it’s him or something else altogether..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back