MO - Michael Brown's stepfather being investigated for inciting riot

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by Yoda, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Wysteria

Wysteria Member

See post 9 & above if someone hasn't posted yet.

2. Wysteria

Wysteria Member

BBM
    I guess he said it. Do I believe it?
    And...how did the "peaceful" protests turn out?
    I'm not disagreeing with you as a member I just saw an opportunity to express my angst (and a whole variety of other feelings that are not permitted to be expressed here, which is a really good thing).

3. CHERIE.T

CHERIE.T Former Member

bbm
    :clap:
    So obvious, unless one chooses to ignore the facts. ;)

4. CHERIE.T

CHERIE.T Former Member

I agree with everything you said except the last sentence, lol. :)

5. Snoods

Snoods Flounciest Faux Former Member

Mom and step-dad were already told the GJ's decision earlier in a hotel room, so it wasn't "excited utterances." Why would they stand on a car and behave as if they were just hearing it?

LH's working the mob into a frenzy by repeatedly screaming "BURN THIS **** DOWN and trying to blame it on the emotions of just hearing the GJ decision is another false narrative, which have been prevalent in this case.

Yet a few somehow believe it's the police's fault for leaving a police car without armed guards? They were "asking for" a police cruiser to be destroyed? Talk about victim blaming and no personal responsibility for the criminals! The thought process that can blame police for thugs setting their car on fire, but not lay any blame with the thugs or LH screaming to burn everything down (which everything subsequently was) boggles the mind....

6. Yoda

Yoda Master

7. jennapuppy

jennapuppy Well-Known Member

Well, let us know when you do! lol

8. Oceans

Oceans New Member

One person of interest in the investigation is Brown's stepfather Louis Head, St. Louis County police spokesman Brian Schellman said. Head was caught on video comforting Brown's distraught mother after the Nov. 24 announcement of no indictment, and then turning to a crowd of protesters and screaming repeatedly: "Burn this ***** down."

"Our department is currently looking into this as a part of the entire investigation that includes the arsons, looting, destruction of property, etc.," Schellman said. The findings will be presented to the St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney's Office, he said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014...-shooting-nationalguard-idUSKCN0JG28120141202

9. XXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXX Former Member

I checked that article out and it's from two days ago. Wow. I can't believe it's already Thursday morning here in Michigan!

When I first heard that Louie was being investigated over his BLATANT exhortations to "burn this MF down", I was hopeful that he would, indeed, be charged with inciting a riot. Sadly, mid-morning yesterday (Wednesday) CNN tv reported that it was highly unlikely he would be charged. A bunch of drivel was being mouthed about how the DA couldn't PROVE that the arsonists actually did it because of Louie. Some kind of drivel about the prosecutor couldn't draw a "direct line" between what Louie exhorted and what the arsonists, terrorists, and looters actually did.

Still, according to Federal Law, there doesn't have to be PROOF that anyone else acted out because of him. It was/is against Federal Law for him to have even shouted that chit.

http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/uscode/18/I/102/2101

No one has a 1st Amendment right to threaten someone's life, property or to stand on top of a car and suggest anyone else should do it either. It's like screaming "fire" in a crowded theater (we've all heard that example before). If there's no fire, and you create a panic, you're not protected under the 1st Amendment.

I read a story a few days ago about a WHITE man who was sentenced to 4 years in prison for FB posts where he made threats against his ex-wife. He also threatened to shoot up a kindergarten class and made threats against the FBI when they investigated him. Now his lawyer is claiming "just kidding". Claiming he was just "rapping" out his anger, claiming that it was "cathartic" for him to let loose.

A Federal judge saw it differently. Dude and his lawyer are appealing (of course). But he is white, and serving a prison sentence as of now. Louie, can't be touched apparently. :gaah:

10. teedie2

teedie2 Well-Known Member

After these past 3 months or so, I can hardly believe that he would be held accountable. I think "consequences" have gone out of style, big time!

jmo

11. teedie2

teedie2 Well-Known Member

bbm

Dream on!

12. XXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXX Former Member

Thanks, hon. I thought I might have overlooked it.

13. LambChop

LambChop Former Member

:tos:

Somehow the rules never change. Let me remind you all again. Keep on topic, don't go off. Make sure you include links when you state something in your post as a fact. When you post misinformation it gets spread as a fact in future posts and we are not going to do that. Opinions should be made clear within the post and a link should follow what you are stating as a fact.

Thank you, Lambchop

14. LambChop

LambChop Former Member

Did I scare everyone?
    :scared:

15. Elley Mae

Elley Mae Well-Known Member

It's the sheep's clothing thing, maybe. idk

16. LambChop

LambChop Former Member

More like the "Ram" side of me. LOL I know, I know Baaaaad. Carry on, just be good.

17. CHERIE.T

CHERIE.T Former Member

I was reading slowly,>>>>> saw your post and >>>>>fell out of my chair. :eek: :hilarious:
    j/k

18. chefmom

chefmom Seriously! Ancient Aliens!

This is just my opinion on the idea of LH being charged with inciting a riot. While I understand that some people would like to say that the "protesters" would have done this anyway, even if he hadn't screamed "Burn This B^$@h Down!" repeatedly while standing on a car so everyone could see and hear him, I respectfully disagree that it would have gone to such an extent. I base my opinion on the preceding 3 months of protesting that was made up mostly of "protesters" yelling, throwing rocks and bottles, blocking the streets, and being a general nuisance. I cannot remember another night in the past 3 months that so many properties were lit on fire. I believe I recall that the "protesters" mantra was "Shut This S&^t Down!", not "Burn This B^$@h Down!". LH, IMO, fully intended to rile the large group of angry people up, and spurred them on with his screaming "Burn This B^$@h Down!" He asked, and they obliged. He should be behind bars. MOO.

19. Muffet

Muffet Autocorrect is my worst enema

:floorlaugh:

Mutton on a roll for breakfast?
    [emoji813]beat:

Sent from Tapatalk

20. seedz

seedz New Member

Smh if they do decide to charge the man

McCulloch is more at fault for the rioting that night than he is

The decision to wait until dark to announce the decision was just asking for trouble

Than the decision to use his 20 minute speech prior to the announcement as an opportunity to rub salt in Browns familys wounds painting brown as some menace who needed to be put down ...when a "there will be no indictment..." Would have surficed

It was evil imho