MO - Michael Brown's stepfather being investigated for inciting riot

This is a closer up video of when they were on the car. You have to sign into google to watch it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuMCaubJ3tY

Ugh yeah .. he incited a riot going by that video .. not only did he call out 'Burn this b**** down!!' from the top of the car, but running into the crowd yelling it as he went started everyone else off and running ..

Since when does being emotional give someone the right to break the law? I'd say feeling emotional is behind a lot of crime, doesn't make the person who does it any less culpable.

<snip>

"Mr. Head, reached by phone Tuesday, said he had not heard from the police about an investigation. &#8220;I&#8217;m not worried about nothing,&#8221; said Mr. Head, who declined to discuss the comments he made last week."

<snip>

"State Senator Jamilah Nasheed, a St. Louis Democrat who has supported peaceful protesters, said she feared an investigation into Mr. Head&#8217;s comments would make it harder for the community to move forward. &#8220;It&#8217;s just really unfortunate because we&#8217;re trying to heal, and I feel like that&#8217;s only putting more fuel to the fire,&#8221; said Ms. Nasheed, who said she did not believe Mr. Head caused the rioting."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/03/u...n-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=1

Video and more at link. Oh, and the caption under the video is wrong. LM & LH had known at least an hour before if not longer what the GJ decision was.

As for Nasheed, she has no room to talk. What she's really saying is "move along folks, there's nothing to look at here"!

Slightly, slightly, off topic.

It's not just a piece of cloth.

US Flag burned by protester.
17 seconds man light cigarette off of burning flag
24 seconds in National Guard crosses road to look for pieces of flag
59 seconds "it's a piece of cloth"

The other comments and treatment of the National Guard are a disgrace. My opinion.

[video=youtu;HnrZrHtOfCg]http://youtu.be/HnrZrHtOfCg?t=25s[/video]

Maybe. But wasn't he at police station and the fires quite a distance from there? I do not know the details,because I did not watch the arsonists. JMO I didn't watch HIM, either.

The buildings were a bit away, but the car fires were RIGHT THERE. And there were livestreams of the parents going out to all the protesters.

I don't want to see LH arrested, but not because I think his actions were innocent when he repeatedly shouted burn the b----- down. I don't want to see him arrested because that would serve no purpose other than to hurt innocent law abiding citizens trying to make an honest living in Ferguson.

Criminals live by impulsive behavior with no concerns for the consequences or who might be affected. I doubt many of the 61? arrested in Ferguson are registered voters who excersize their right to vote.

Ferguson and MB's death aside, people who live their lives participating in criminal behavior will continue that behavior and they'll provide other opportunities for arrest in the future.

Is there a 3rd strike law in MO?

Sometimes the best thing to do is just wait for the natural order of things to take their course.

though, I gotta admit I wonder if any of the business owners who lost everything can file a civil suit against LH to recoup their financial losses. I think the business owners probably have a better voice than going through the criminal system in this particular case/investigation into LH.

Filing a civil suit against LH would yield near to no result IMO .. their best chance will be their insurance, but that will not cover all their losses .. just ugh on the whole riot business, can't believe what a mob is capable of sometimes.

Filing a civil suit against LH would yield near to no result IMO .. their best chance will be their insurance, but that will not cover all their losses .. just ugh on the whole riot business, can't believe what a mob is capable of sometimes.

Honestly, I never thought anyone would get a red cent via a civil suit. I do think it would send a much stronger message if it came via a civil suit from the community business owners who suffered the damage than to pursue this criminally. The business owners have a better chance at being heard than LE.

Also, State Senator Nasheed knows that pursuing charges against Mr. Head would be viewed worldwide as yet more intimidation from a suporessive and incompetent system and would continue to inflame and cause worse rebound reaction and ill will, if not outright disgust toward the already discredited police force and joke of a prosecutor. As if misleading the grand jury with a law that has been unconstitutional for 30 years wasn't bad enough. People can either choose to believe that was simply gross incompetence OR blatantly suppressive. I wish I knew which it really was. Hard to think a person could keep a job at that level of incompetence. But maybe in Ferguson???

There are so many myths in the above posts, as shown when they were covered in previous threads.

I will not get into rehashing things that have already been covered, because it would be off topic, take forever, and I want this thread to stay open, friendly, and focused. Our three months of sleuthing threads are still here to read.

I will only say this, regarding the supposed bungled investigation: the grand jury was not given false evidence or told to "trust us - it would exonerate Wilson if we had it." So even if those "botches" occurred, and exhonorating evidence didn't get to the jury, that only hurt Wilson, which would make their finding even more compellingly just.

As does the fact that the jury and DA went against their senses of self preservation; their lives would have been much easier had they given the mob what it wanted.

As always, I recommend reading straight from the documents instead of trusting reporters to tell one what happened in the hearings or investigation. Reading the docs, paying attention to the forensics, it's clear that they chose to do the right thing instead of the safest thing for themselves.

Now... I'm going to scroll and roll, so we don't get shut down again. :fish:

Sent from Tapatalk

I don't just trust reporters. I DID read the documents. That's all I'll say since I don't want this thread shutdown either.

I'll just add to my earlier point that if you think you have seen some protests and they file charges against the stepdad, just wait. It will not be pretty. If they have any sense they never would have even said publicly they were investigating him but they have some weird priorities in Mo.

Will McCullough be charged for inciting a riot by putting everyone on edge for a week and then making announcement after dark? lol

That is so disgusting, that we have to think like that^^^.. Are cops supposed to 'defend' their patrol cars now? They cannot park them and go work on a case but they need to 'defend' the car from being lit on fire?

The majority of people don't think like that imo.
That's criminal mentality. moo

IMO - The "step-father" committed a crime. Before his antics on top of the car, him and the bio-mom had been told the outcome of the grand jury. To go out in public and shout what he did, is criminal. It's time to start holding people accountable. The police shouldn't be afraid of the outcome should anyone be charged during this unlawful protest. If anyone committed a crime, they should do the time. No excuses. There are other ways to vent your frustration. When you put yourself as a "leader" of a cause, and you go out telling people to burn stuff down, you should be held accountable. JMO

I seriously doubt the rioters were standing around, serenely waiting for the verdict and only decided to set things on fire after hearing from the stepfather. That doesn't make any sense any more than it makes sense for him to want people to riot and burn things down. How does that serve him, exactly?

He's grieving and had an excited reaction where he said inappropriate stuff. Ever had something terrible happen and d*** xyz to hell? Your boss/the guy who cut you off in traffic/the IRS/whatever. Multiply that by 1000 and that's where his head is. Doesn't mean I think he's a great guy but his criminal history has nothing to do with this. Unless you think anyone who has been to prison likes to burn stuff down just because.

If LE wants things stay somewhat calm and the protests to die down, this is the absolute wrong way to do it. It's really stupid but then again, so was announcing the decision at 9:30pm.

And that's exactly what qualifies his statements as inciting a riot, IMO. Brandenburg v. Ohio established the standard of "imminent lawless action" in defining the limits of freedom of speech. From Wikipedia: "Under the imminent lawless action test, speech is not protected by the First Amendment if the speaker intends to incite a violation of the law that is both imminent and likely."
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imminent_lawless_action

The fact that there was an angry crowd out there ready to burn the city down is exactly what makes Head's actions inciting. Speech that amounts to "nothing more than advocacy of illegal action at some indefinite future time" is not inciting to riot. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back