MO - Michael Brown's stepfather being investigated for inciting riot

Even if the investigation into Head's comments doesn't result in charges, the police probe could still cause problems for him. Federal court records indicate he is on probation for a previous drug charge.

CNN reached out to his probation officer, but there was no response to a request for comment.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/12/03/justice/ferguson-protests/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

I question the sincerity of his apology due to his being on probation. I would love to be a fly on the wall when he and his probation officer discuss this incident. I wonder if this would be considered a violation of his probation.

I have always taught my children they are responsible for their anger and actions, no matter how "mad" they are or whatever the circumstances. They need to vent in an appropriate way under duress. Life is going to throw curve balls at you, many will find themselves in a situation that is very infuriating at least a few times in their life, it is how you react to it is what is important, your own choice. Mr. Head made his choices and no matter how angry he was or how apologetic he is right now, he should be held accountable for his anger. It's no different than a guy who punches his wife, angry and sorry later. Nope. Sorry doesn't cut it, you are still responsible for your actions and the lack of self control. Period. JMO

Michael Brown's Stepfather apologize's

Something came over me as I watched and listened to my wife, the mother of Michael Brown, Jr., react to the gut-wrenching news that the cop who killed her son wouldn't be charged with a crime. My emotions admittedly got the best of me.
This is my family. I was so angry and full of raw emotions, as so many others were, and granted, I screamed out words that I shouldn't have screamed in the heat of the moment. It was wrong and I humbly apologize to all of those who read my pain. Snipped
(this was just on CNN- I do not have a link)

IMO, only sorry it was caught on video.

Apology NOT accepted.

(bbm)
No, they would not have. Because they have not. Other parents have had children killed. He is the only person I've ever seen (or heard of) do this.

ETA: Although we will probably never agree on this point, I do admire your tenacity in your support of MB's family.
I am not in any way supporting those comments made by stepdad, just merely stating that the riots were gonna happen whether he stood up there saying burn this chit down or asking for peace. In fact I think the family asked for 4.5 minutes of silence and that was not "obeyed".

This guy has earned the mistrust many times over, imo. It wouldn't surprise me to see Crump try to distance him from them all. I don't see him getting what he wants in a civil suit with Head on the team.

I don't see any civil suit succeeding after people observed how lawless these groups are, either way. Charles Barkley made the point pretty well. Take personal responsibility, teach intolerance of crime, and there won't be so much need for LE to be so tough.

It's so easy (and popular) for activists, myopic ideologues, and agitators to say crime and costly personal choices are the fault of others. That message is the opposite of empowering, though.

These belief systems permeate crime-ridden areas so deeply, I don't know how many generations back they began. I don't think safety and success can come until there is an enlightenment that the most important responsibility and power lies within.

Sent from Tapatalk

This guy has earned the mistrust many times over, imo. It wouldn't surprise me to see Crump try to distance him from them all. I don't see him getting what he wants in a civil suit with Head on the team.

I don't see any civil suit succeeding after people observed how lawless these groups are, either way. Charles Barkley made the point pretty well. Take personal responsibility, teach intolerance of crime, and there won't be so much need for LE to be so tough.

It's so easy (and popular) for activists, myopic ideologues, and agitators to say crime and costly personal choices are the fault of others. That message is the opposite of empowering, though.

These belief systems permeate crime-ridden areas so deeply, I don't know how many generations back they began. I don't think safety and success can come until there is an enlightenment that the most important responsibility and power lies within.

Sent from Tapatalk

Totally agree with you there Muffet!

I am not in any way supporting those comments made by stepdad, just merely stating that the riots were gonna happen whether he stood up there saying burn this chit down or asking for peace. In fact I think the family asked for 4.5 minutes of silence and that was not "obeyed".

Did the family stand there quietly for 4.5 minutes, after the decision was announced? Meaning, did they follow their own wishes? (They may have, I truly don't know.)

I don't know either. I was initially under the impression that the family was already there with the crowd waiting for announcement, but it is now starting to look like they came there after the announcement was made and LM was making a speech to crowd at which point she broke down and was consoled by LH, then he made the infamous comments.

LH can't "unring" a bell nor erase what's been seen. He and his son have, in separate criminal acts, caused great harm to untold numbers of people, caused damage far beyond simply the dollar value by their emotional, non cerebral actions.

He and his partner could have been the face of calm and restraint. Instead they and others chose sides even before the investigation began by numerous local, State and Federal agencies.

CNN along with other left wing media fanned the flames of racial inequality, even using non qualified "pathologist/forensic expert" Shawn Parcells? I believe Michael Brown's family used Parcells in the private autopsy of Michael Brown. Incorrect information after incorrect information with little to no vetting.

Then with non professional, erroneous autopsy information from Parcells, they have the gall to call for a town to be burned down? I hope LH and others responsible are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and then sentenced to the fullest extent of the law.

Sent from Tapatalk

:goodpost:

So spot on, thank you! I couldn't have said it better!

LH can't "unring" a bell nor erase what's been seen. He and his son have, in separate criminal acts, caused great harm to untold numbers of people, caused damage far beyond simply the dollar value by their emotional, non cerebral actions.

He and his partner could have been the face of calm and restraint. Instead they and others chose sides even before the investigation began by numerous local, State and Federal agencies.

CNN along with other left wing media fanned the flames of racial inequality, even using non qualified "pathologist/forensic expert" Shawn Parcells? I believe Michael Brown's family used Parcells in the private autopsy of Michael Brown. Incorrect information after incorrect information with little to no vetting.

Then with non professional, erroneous autopsy information from Parcells, they have the gall to call for a town to be burned down? I hope LH and others responsible are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and then sentenced to the fullest extent of the law.

I don't think what Parcells said has anything to do with why they feel justice was denied to them. Having said that, I will not be one bit upset if LH is charged with that crime. What he said was wrong. Problem is, if he is charged we are probably back to square one with the riots and protests and it could get even uglier this time around. JMO

I gave a shot at figuring out the nuances of the incitement laws last night, but only read the federal laws.

It doesn't seem to matter how much of the ultimate riot was the person's fault, but IANAL. (Boy, did autocorrect have fun with that acronym! :crazy: )

I will be shocked if he is charged. Between LE fears of blowback and proving the "intent" in court. I don't doubt that he is guilty of it, though. His history indicates that it's his way. Violence, revenge...

I trust that MB's dad, Mike Brown Sr, sincerely wanted no violence. I know very little about him.

Sent from Tapatalk

I gave a shot at figuring out the nuances of the incitement laws last night, but only read the federal laws.

It doesn't seem to matter how much of the ultimate riot was the person's fault, but IANAL. (Boy, did autocorrect have fun with that acronym! :crazy: )

I will be shocked if he is charged. Between LE fears of blowback and proving the "intent" in court. I don't doubt that he is guilty of it, though. His history indicates that it's his way. Violence, revenge...

I trust that MB's dad, Mike Brown Sr, sincerely wanted no violence. I know very little about him.

Sent from Tapatalk

Since the beginning of this I have seen a very different look on the face of MB Sr. than that of LM and LH. MB Sr. seems to always have a look of sadness and regret on his face, while the other two seem to be stuck in the anger phase. JMO

Being that they formerly had armored vehicles manned with assault weapons, tear gas, percussion cannons, and pepper spray to disband rioters, well, yeah, it's pretty darn suspicious that they put an undefended empty police car EXACTLY where they knew it would come to harm. And then say "look what those animals did to our car".
Keep in mind that these are the very same officers that tell us, the public, to not even leave our cars unlocked in our own driveways as that is an "INVITATION" for car thieves. [emoji108]
Do I believe these officers just had a sudden attack of stupidity before putting that car there? No, I do not. I believe they love thinking they were "clever" enough to get people to exclaim what monsters those rioters were.

Why would LE use a bait car in order to incite a riot? (as was stated in the tweet) Did LE or anyone think that there would be nothing but peaceful protests that night? Did LE think: if we don't set up a bait car, there might not be any looting or arson, and we won't have the opportunity to show the world that these people are "animals" and "monsters"? What happened that night was going to happen, regardless of whether or not rioters had a chance to burn down a police car. IMO

Since the beginning of this I have seen a very different look on the face of MB Sr. than that of LM and LH. MB Sr. seems to always have a look of sadness and regret on his face, while the other two seem to be stuck in the anger phase. JMO

I totally agree. MB Sr seems very sincere and full of regret and really wants the world to change for better in the awful aftermath. He is nothing like Mr Head, although they had similar backgrounds.

The mother and stepdad are stuck in denial. jmo

:clap::clap::clap:Thank you.:clap::clap::clap:

I don't think what Parcells said has anything to do with why they feel justice was denied to them. Having said that, I will not be one bit upset if LH is charged with that crime. What he said was wrong. Problem is, if he is charged we are probably back to square one with the riots and protests and it could get even uglier this time around. JMO

Please go back and review his press conference with Baden and the rest of the (censored)

YES! I said this exact thing to my husband this morning. MB Sr. breaks my heart every time I see him.

In regards to LH, his statement was ridiculous especially considering they had the news prior to this reaction. While I do agree rioting/looting was going to happen with or without his words I can't ignore the fact that 22 buildings were set on fire that night. 22 buildings! That is way worse than our worse night in August and I do believe that the rioters did respond in kind to him say "burn this b---- down". MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiefdartz
Back