Match! MO - Missouri City, Blk/WhtFem 17-25, UP3155, poss Darlene from KC, KS, worked @envelope co, Apr'85 - Gwendolyn Renee Robinson

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/446ufmo.html

Unidentified Female

446UFMO.jpg
446UFMO1.jpg
446UFMO3.jpg

• The victim was discovered on April 18, 1985 in Clay County, Missouri
  • Estimated Date of Death: from April 1, 1983

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 18 - 22 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2"-5'6".
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Race undertermined: she may be white, bi-racial, or black. Brown hair.
  • Dentals: Available. Several unattended cavities, degree of decay on both sides of right upper incisors would have been visible, enamal hypoplasias (possibly from high fever).
  • DNA: Available

Case History
The victim was located on April 18, 1985 in a field in the vicinity of Highway 210, approximately 11 miles east of Missouri City, Missouri, next to some farmland near Cooley Lake in Southeast Clay County. Cause of death has not been determined.

Huge difference between the original composite and the newest one. I hope she can be identified!

[FONT=&amp]I was looking at this unidentified Jane Doe found in April 18th 1985 (possible death 1984-85)in Kansas city Missouri and a thought came to me I wonder if the same person who killed her also killed a Jane Doe found Feb 28th 1983 on I 70? Have they ever looked into a connection between these two Jane Does?

[/FONT]
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/3199

[h=1]Unidentified woman shot several times in the head in 1985, may be named ‘Darlene’[/h]
Then, in October 2016, after Clay County released an updated drawing and described her race and age, the Crime Stoppers hotline received a call from someone who said he/she knew Jane Doe. He/she said they believed 'Jane Doe' was someone named 'Darlene'.

The caller further stated that 'Jane Doe' may have had two children and lived in Kansas City, Kan. The tipster said they'd occasionally ride back and forth to work together. The caller said he/she worked with Darlene at an envelope company in the Northland.
http://fox4kc.com/2017/07/20/uniden...mes-in-the-head-in-1985-may-be-named-darlene/

Updated Namus link: Unidentified Person Case

Ruleouts:

MP5284 Laronda Bronson 11/19/1982 Multnomah OR
MP231 Kimberly Carter 07/05/1984 Jackson MO
MP12862 Mary Lang 10/21/1983 Ellis KS
MP8051 Judith ODonnell 11/30/1980 New York NY
MP1997 Tracy Ramsey 10/30/1984 Jackson MO
MP2885 Leichia Reilly 01/31/1985 Erie NY
MP2325 Tammie Wilkinson 06/21/1984 Jackson MO
MP5695 Karen Wilson 03/27/1985 Albany NY

What about MP20630 Susan Redding? She went missing in the early 80’s from Georgia. Height and age fit. Not many details known.

Updated Namus link: Unidentified Person Case

Ruleouts:

MP5284 Laronda Bronson 11/19/1982 Multnomah OR
MP231 Kimberly Carter 07/05/1984 Jackson MO
MP12862 Mary Lang 10/21/1983 Ellis KS
MP8051 Judith ODonnell 11/30/1980 New York NY
MP1997 Tracy Ramsey 10/30/1984 Jackson MO
MP2885 Leichia Reilly 01/31/1985 Erie NY
MP2325 Tammie Wilkinson 06/21/1984 Jackson MO
MP5695 Karen Wilson 03/27/1985 Albany NY

added to exclusions:

MP2568 Shaunda Green 10/15/1983 Washtenaw MI

I ended up submitting this match directly to the local LE contact.
The Namus file seems to be down/not found (at least the link provided here The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) ) In her own thread is this and it's works. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Can't explain....maybe it's me.

ETA

They seemingly made another casefile with a different number for her. #MP94130

ETA

I think this is a very good find @victoriarobinson642 Thank you for submitting.

Last edited:
View attachment 358696View attachment 358697
Facial comparison. I submitted her as a match to the doe network.
View attachment 358696View attachment 358697
Facial comparison. I submitted her as a match to the doe network.
You are correct @victoriarobinson642 ! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️
1662640136856.jpeg
1662640160356.jpeg
Mitchell never really knew her mom, Gwendolyn Robinson, who disappeared when Mitchell was a toddler.

The year was 1983. But it was this summer when Mitchell walked into South Patrol Division and filed a missing person report. She needed answers.

“It hit different,” Kinate said. “I felt we really need to dig into it. She was genuine about wanting to know.”

“I’m a face person,” Lee said, “and I specifically remembered it.”

Lee thought of a composite he had seen, provided to him back in 2017 by a Clay County Sheriff’s Office detective who was working a cold case. The case stemmed from bones found back in 1985. Given the timeframe of Robinson’s disappearance and the similarities between the picture and digital reconstruction, Lee sensed a match.

“Her eyes were very distinct,” Kinate explained. “Her jawline was distinct. We were in awe.”

For almost four decades, the Clay County Sheriff’s Office has been investigating their cold case, tallying up hundreds of supplemental reports in hopes of identifying the (Jane Doe) woman. They conducted many follow-up investigations and interviews and involved out-of-state labs and universities for evidence processing in hopes of identifying her.

Kinate communicated with the Sheriff’s Office, and together they decided to run DNA tests in hopes of matching Mitchell to the bones.

The result was a match. Less than 30 days from beginning their investigation, Kinate and Lee found Mitchell’s mother.

“It was hard for her to hear,” Kinate recalled telling Mitchell. “The one saving grace was that your mom didn’t leave you. She was taken from you.”

“Putting together nearly 40 years of history is a very difficult thing to do,” said Sergeant Chris Johnson of the Clay County Sheriff’s Office. “However, our team of investigators has the willingness and the drive to do so. It doesn’t matter if someone killed someone today, four years ago, or even nearly 40 years ago, justice can still be served and we will work diligently to get positive results.”

“A lot of people get discouraged because of the time investigations take,” Kinate said. “Everybody in the department is working as hard as they can. It’s not perfect, but we’re trying hard.”

The Clay County Sheriff’s Office is asking anyone with information on Robinson’s murder to come forward. Contact Sergeant Johnson at 816-407-3723. You can also remain anonymous by visiting Kansas City Metro Crime Stoppers.

Last edited:
According to the article @imstilla.grandma posted it seems investigators connected Gwen's MP and UID cases based on Intelligence Analyst Darin Lee's familiarity with the composite. I'm sure most WS members would agree that @victoriarobinson642's recognition and submission of the possible match would have eventually led to an ID had the connection not already been on LE's radar; concerned citizen's rarely know what is going on behind the scenes of the cases we research. Therefore, I've marked this thread as a match and credit @victoriarobinson642 for her efforts to give Gwen back her name. Great job, Victoria!

Gwendolyn's WS thread:

May she finally rest in peace. :(

You are correct @victoriarobinson642 ! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️
View attachment 365015
View attachment 365016
Mitchell never really knew her mom, Gwendolyn Robinson, who disappeared when Mitchell was a toddler.

The year was 1983. But it was this summer when Mitchell walked into South Patrol Division and filed a missing person report. She needed answers.

“It hit different,” Kinate said. “I felt we really need to dig into it. She was genuine about wanting to know.”

“I’m a face person,” Lee said, “and I specifically remembered it.”

Lee thought of a composite he had seen, provided to him back in 2017 by a Clay County Sheriff’s Office detective who was working a cold case. The case stemmed from bones found back in 1985. Given the timeframe of Robinson’s disappearance and the similarities between the picture and digital reconstruction, Lee sensed a match.

“Her eyes were very distinct,” Kinate explained. “Her jawline was distinct. We were in awe.”

For almost four decades, the Clay County Sheriff’s Office has been investigating their cold case, tallying up hundreds of supplemental reports in hopes of identifying the (Jane Doe) woman. They conducted many follow-up investigations and interviews and involved out-of-state labs and universities for evidence processing in hopes of identifying her.

Kinate communicated with the Sheriff’s Office, and together they decided to run DNA tests in hopes of matching Mitchell to the bones.

The result was a match. Less than 30 days from beginning their investigation, Kinate and Lee found Mitchell’s mother.

“It was hard for her to hear,” Kinate recalled telling Mitchell. “The one saving grace was that your mom didn’t leave you. She was taken from you.”

“Putting together nearly 40 years of history is a very difficult thing to do,” said Sergeant Chris Johnson of the Clay County Sheriff’s Office. “However, our team of investigators has the willingness and the drive to do so. It doesn’t matter if someone killed someone today, four years ago, or even nearly 40 years ago, justice can still be served and we will work diligently to get positive results.”

“A lot of people get discouraged because of the time investigations take,” Kinate said. “Everybody in the department is working as hard as they can. It’s not perfect, but we’re trying hard.”

The Clay County Sheriff’s Office is asking anyone with information on Robinson’s murder to come forward. Contact Sergeant Johnson at 816-407-3723. You can also remain anonymous by visiting Kansas City Metro Crime Stoppers.
Great @victoriarobinson642! Good job!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back