Found Deceased MO - Nicholas Diemel, 35, & Justin, 24, brothers missing, Clinton County, 21 July 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner! I will be moving this coming Friday, so it’s been pretty crazy around here ;). I have to go soon, but will check back in tonight. I will go ahead and post the entire judgement, in case anyone is interested :):

View attachment 196973 View attachment 196974 View attachment 196975 View attachment 196976 View attachment 196977 View attachment 196978

Also, the document below consists of two sections: first, “Valuation of implements and equipment owned by Garland “Joey” Nelson and estimation of potential recovery if liquidated,”
and second, “Valuation of Implements and Equipment owned 50% by TF [Nelson’s mother] and 50% by Garland “Joey” Nelson.

View attachment 196980 View attachment 196981

The part in the document I find most interesting (and deeply disturbing) are the footnotes. They show just how far Nelson went to deceive the government (USDA/FSA), and it’s staggering.

Nelson: “I didn’t commit a crime.” Yes, he definitely did.

Very enlightening and a troubling history at the same time.
Does anyone know the outcome of the restitution vs bankruptcy?

Whose 'half'?

@Justiceforreena :) Thanks for your post.
Not to nitpick (well, okay, maybe I am), but posts on this site state, or at least suggest, each brother owned half of the business. While it would commonplace for each of two brothers to own half of a co. named "XYZ Brothers LLC," not necessarily true. Not enough info from corporate filings* w St. of WI, to tell, who owned what %.

If Justin owned half or some other percentage, it was an asset, he could transfer, for ex., by will or a trust. Is it poss he had a will and named girlfriend as beneficiary for that particular asset, or part or all of his estate? She may receive something from him. Or not.

OTOH, if parents owned half (or the percentage of LLC that the older brother did not own), then there was no "Justin's half" or percentage that Justin could transfer while alive or on his death.

Hoping transfers/transitions - whatever they are - go smoothly. All these families and loved ones have too much to cope w as it is.

info from WDFI-Corporations
WI Corporate Records Search
then in "Search Corporate Records" type "Diemels Livestock LLC"

(Another 'Diemel Livestock' entity has different first name and Pulaski, WI address)

https://www.kansascity.com/news/state/missouri/article233488327.html

States Justin's 1/2 is now operated by his parents.

With Lisa as special administrator (until Jan 2020) (I think)

Last edited:
So sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner! I will be moving this coming Friday, so it’s been pretty crazy around here ;). I have to go soon, but will check back in tonight. I will go ahead and post the entire judgement, in case anyone is interested :):

View attachment 196973 View attachment 196974 View attachment 196975 View attachment 196976 View attachment 196977 View attachment 196978

Also, the document below consists of two sections: first, “Valuation of implements and equipment owned by Garland “Joey” Nelson and estimation of potential recovery if liquidated,”
and second, “Valuation of Implements and Equipment owned 50% by TF [Nelson’s mother] and 50% by Garland “Joey” Nelson.

View attachment 196980 View attachment 196981

The part in the document I find most interesting (and deeply disturbing) are the footnotes. They show just how far Nelson went to deceive the government (USDA/FSA), and it’s staggering.

Nelson: “I didn’t commit a crime.” Yes, he definitely did.
THANK YOU FOR ALL THIS!

From a story on KSHB:

"Police have to say what role the Braymer farm plays in the expanding investigation, but investigators could be seen setting up a sifting station Wednesday next to a smoldering debris pile on the property."
Is there anymore info on this??

It's my opinion that the brothers could of been subdued by a Hot Shot or Cattle Prod. There is No Doubt in my mind they would of done anything to protect each other. A cattle prod is not considered a weapon that a felon can't pocess especially on a livestock farm. I doubt they would of thought anything about seeing one in someone's hand. In fact if I can get a photo to load, it will show how easy this would be.

I don't know how to get a photo from my tablet on here. If you look at the picture in the article referenced in post #877, the man behind JD is carrying a cattle prod. I just noticed that while reading the article. I started this post last nite and had mentioned my thoughts then. When I saw this picture it gave me chills. This is just my thoughts only. Both of the Diemel boys look pretty strong and able to handle themselves to me and not guys who would be easily overtaken unless a weapon of some kind was used.t.

I think the chances of a livestock prod used as a weapon in this case are very unlikely. If JN was carrying one when he was not working cattle, that would almost certainly be seen by the brothers as a threatening posture. If he did try to use it as a weapon it would have very limited power and effectiveness.[/QUOTE]

Cattle prods just shock-doubt it would slow a person down probably just the opposite

Quotes from article:

"Nick was the strongest person she’s ever met, Lisa said."

"He wasn’t afraid speak his mind, and was quick to stand up for what’s right and the people he loved, she said."

"He taught the children to hunt, fish and play sports. When they went to an arcade in town, she said, Nick almost seemed to buy more tokens for himself than for the kids."

“Nick was like a big kid,” Lisa said. “He thought he was a basketball star even though he was short as can be.”

"The night before the brothers disappeared, Lisa said, the power went out at their home in Wisconsin. The area was placed under a tornado warning."

"On the phone, Nick asked her how the kids were and whether they were driving her crazy."

"The next morning, he told her he would be home soon."

https://www.kansascity.com/news/state/missouri/article233488327.html

She’s a very brave lady-deserves everyone’s admiration and respect for handling this the way she has-I think most could not do what she has

Researching the case has brought me here. So ... hello! Is anyone here from Braymer or have any info related to what the locals are saying?

Welcome to Websleuths!!!

Any local would have to be verified before they can post with out a main stream media link.
That keeps down on gossip and untruths per our TOS.

We can always speculate...followed by MOO...my opinion only.

I have been confused on what exactly caused it to go from missing person to death investigation. I found this:

"But the hopes of finding the Diemels unharmed were dashed when just a day later, the search became a “death investigation,” the News-Press reported. On Monday, Fish told reporters that the discovery of the truck and “different leads” prompted them to reclassify the case."

Human remains found on Missouri farm in Nicholas and Justin Diemel ‘death investigation’ - The Washington Post

1. What was in the truck?
2. Wonder what kind of different leads?

Sadly, in the state of Wisconsin, if a person has no will, all assets would go to the person’s next of kin (I.E. his parents in this instance for Justin, and wife for Nick). They would normally all have to go through the probate court if there were no will in place, which is why in order to even get the process going, Lisa had to first petition the court to have them declared dead, and then to ask permission to run the company, with Diemel parent’s permission (as they would be Justin’s half owners).
So sad that they had to go through all of this just to keep the the business afloat and the employees paid. I think they set a date to re-evaluate the business thing for January of 2020 if I remember what the article said.
Hopefully that helps if that is what you were looking for. I think the Diemel Livestock in Pulaski is their father perhaps....based upon the name as principal. IMO

@Mw221. :) Thanks for your post.
I have not seen pleadings or ct. orders in this procedure, and my opinions could be totally wrong. If you have seen ^ doc's^, then pdf's or links would be appreciated.

My prior post ref'ed this sentence from link- "She owns Nick’s half while her in-laws own Justin’s part." Only if court order transferred unconditional ownership of the brothers' interests would this ^ be accurate, imo. That was my point of earlier post.

From link: "Last week, Lisa got permission from a Wisconsin court to take over as special administrator of the brothers’ business." From link, it appeared imo to be an order allowing Lisa to manage the business, i.e., to buy and sell cattle; buy and sell farm equipment; to sign paychecks for employees; to pay fed & st. employer-based taxes, etc. -- as you said. From description of ct order, I would be surprised if it actually transferred ownership of either brother's interests in the business.

Link did not refer to either of the brothers as intestate.* That is why my earlier post pointed out that it was possible that Justin's share of the business might ultimately be transferred to girlfriend thru a will. Appears that prob'ly is not the case here imo.

Again, wishing all of the family and loved ones comfort in this impossibly difficult time.

----------------------------------------------
* WI statutes:
Wisconsin Legislature: Chapter 852

852.01  Basic rules for intestate succession.

Last edited:
IMHO I think he left their bodies there and ditched the truck while planning how to cover his tracks... maybe he knew no one would come by that day.. it makes sense that if he were caught with their truck it would look suspicious immediately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AggressiveFruit