Found Deceased MO - Nicholas Diemel, 35, & Justin, 24, brothers missing, Clinton County, 21 July 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard on local news that he may have put dead cows in the grinder as well as their bodies to cover up the smell-then burned the pieces with silage wrap
Would make sense that the grinder was involved because LE took it away that first week-probably to run tests on it for tissue and human blood-just a guess though

Do you have a link for this?

Common Law Marriage in WI
Does Taylor M. fall under common law marriage?
@Warwick7 :) Thanks for you post. Did quick research.
An answer from atty at zimmermansteberlaw.com, dated June 2012. "First, common law marriage does not exist in Wisconsin. Common law marriage was abolished in the state of Wisconsin in 1917. Therefore, anyone cohabiting who thinks they have any rights under common law marriage is mistaken." bbm

^ Everyday Legal Tips: Cohabitation and Common Law Marriage under Wisconsin State Law

I also reviewed WI statutes Chapter 765, Marriage* w ct case annotations and see only one re CL-M in another country, etc which was ruled as valid in WI, an outlier case. There may. be other judicial decisions re CL-M in WI, which I'm not digging deep enough to uncover. No opinion from me.

Re WI SupCt case, WI. State Bar pub in Sept. 2015, "Legal or Equitable Rights of Cohabitating Partners ....Watts v. Watts...together for 12 years... never married... relationship ended, Sue Ann Watts sought a share of the property ... WI SupCt held property division statute under the divorce statutes ...[did not apply. But she had] ...a viable claim for expressed or implied contract..." See link.
https://www.wisbar.org/NewsPublicat...rticle.aspx?Volume=7&Issue=18&ArticleID=24325
^ WI SupCt ruling does not explicitly apply when cohabitation ends by death of one of the couple, rather than a decision to separate.

Next let me answer a question you did not expressly ask. Maybe you are wondering if the younger brother cohabiting w girlfriend is considered to be in a WI Domestic Partnership*** and if she may qualify to inherit from him under intestacy laws. One criterion for forming DomPart in Wisc. is being of same sex. So, no, not applicable, imo.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Wisconsin Statutes
* Wisconsin Legislature: 765.21
CHAPTER 765 MARRIAGE
** Excerpt from the outlier case
: "Under the unique circumstances of the case, including prior residence in a common-law marriage state, the marriage of a Hmong couple who were married in a traditional Hmong ceremony ... was valid. Xiong v. Xiong, 2002 WI App 110, 255 Wis. 2d 693, 648 N.W.2d 900, 01-0844. ^bbm

*** Wisconsin Legislature: Chapter 770
CHAPTER 770 DOMESTIC PARTNERSHIP
770.05  Criteria for forming a domestic partnership....
(5) The individuals are members of the same sex.

Deads, as in dead animals, are not uncommon in any farm situation involving large numbers of animals. Added to that the fact he had issues feeding animals previously due to financial issues. Plus he could have pulled a cattle carcass out of a compost pile.
Not to mention that this guy wouldn’t have hesitated to kill a cow after he killed them to try and cover it up.

What then of De facto marriage in WI??

@Warwick7 :) Curious about ---
- where you saw or heard this ^ term. and
- if there is a specific question in ^ post?

Apparently my impression about your underlying question(s) was not on target. My apologies.

It's just unthinkable!! IF he gets the death penalty he'll get a last dinner, muscle relaxer & be knocked out so he feels no pain!!!! Bring him to WI. Save tax $$$
Don't send him back here, we have no death penalty. We will feed, cloth, educate and make life as comfortable as possible for murderers. We treat our criminals good here in Wisconsin. Bring back labor camps and DP. Sorry, tired of criminals having more rights than many other citizens. IMHO *rant over*

I really don't think it appropriate to go into who owned what parts in the Diemel farm. It's totally irrelevant to the case and really none of our business how they handle things.
I'm sure that is the last thing on Justins girlfriends mind and most likely on Nicks wifes mind, besides continuing to run the farm as that is not something that can be ignored when you have animals and kids to tend to because of a horrific situation. MOO

Don't send him back here, we have no death penalty. We will feed, cloth, educate and make life as comfortable as possible for murderers. We treat our criminals good here in Wisconsin. Bring back labor camps and DP. Sorry, tired of criminals having more rights than many other citizens. IMHO *rant over*

I don't think that SOB would last long here.

Agree with your “rant” 100%!! But I don’t believe there is a punishment that’s enough for many cases, this one in particular. At least the DP stops them from harming someone else

@Warwick7 :) Curious about ---
- where you saw or heard this ^ term. and
- if there is a specific question in ^ post?

Apparently my impression about your underlying question(s) was not on target. My apologies.
Sorry, I font know what you are talking about.
Its my own question.
Yesterday I wondered about common law marriage (Justin and Taylor). Which now I understand WI doesn't have.
A relative of mine was talking to me about de facto marriage. I wondered if its the same or different.
Quote from article:

"And although she and Justin had been together for eight years, she said, she couldn’t help with any legal processes because they weren’t married. I've spent Sunday through Sunday crying all day, everyday, nonstop,” Moeller said. “I’m not sure I have any tears left to cry."

https://www.kansascity.com/news/state/missouri/article233488327.html

And we already have Chris Watts.

H
that might be the most disgusting thing I have ever heard. Only a true psychopath would think to do that. He would have had to done that after he dumped the truck because there is just not enough time from 11:15ish when they are presumed dead by and 11:45 when JN left the farm. That seems pretty risky to leave 2 bodies behind, for anyone to find. God I hope that is not the case. Or that they were at least deceased prior to that happening to them.
He could have hid the bodies in the pole barn or any other building where they wouldn’t have been seen and come back And dealt with it later- I wonder how he got back there after he dropped the truck off? When that question is answered he details of what happened at the farm and when May become more evident

Help w Legal Processes?
"And although she and Justin had been together for eight years, she said, she couldn’t help with any legal processes because they weren’t married...."
https://www.kansascity.com/news/state/missouri/article233488327.html pub Aug 4
^snipped for focus^
Sometimes I am very dense and cannot figure out what a person is saying or to trying to say. Must be one of those times. Her stmt indicates to me that if they had been married, she could help w legal processes. Any ideas about how Justin's girlfriend TM could "help with legal processes" if they had been married? Maybe I am interp'ing incorrectly. Thx in adv.

Unfortunately this would fall into rumor category, which can't be discussed here.
I am not local to MO, but this is what I have been hearing from a friend who lives just outside of Braymer.
It may be a rumor because this site might not recognize your source, but "in my opinion your friend knows what he is talking about." I don't understand why the media never ask the question about it leaving? The helicopter media videos show it sitting there hooked onto the tractor, then couple of days later it is tarped, and then couple of days later media helicopter videos show nothing hooked onto tractor.

Challenger/Deere, I was wrong on TSF's father's name. Thank you for catching that. I apologize for the incorrect post info.

There is suppose to be a Big Update on this case at 10pm central time either on CBS channel 5 or ABC channel 9 in Kansas City. I think it's going to be on 5, I just caught the tail end of the announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson