Found Deceased MO - Nicholas Diemel, 35, & Justin, 24, brothers missing, Clinton County, 21 July 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Challenger/Deere, I was wrong on TSF's father's name. Thank you for catching that. I apologize for the incorrect post info.

There is suppose to be a Big Update on this case at 10pm central time either on CBS channel 5 or ABC channel 9 in Kansas City. I think it's going to be on 5, I just caught the tail end of the announcement.
Update by news or update by Law Enforcement?
This is going to be interesting!

Another Person Nelson did Business with; Recordings of Phone Calls
Here’s the one I saw advertised:
KCTV5 News Kansas City

Link has 1 1/2min vid teaser.
"Another rancher" David Foster, did business w Nelson for the past few yrs. He & Nelson were friends. Foster felt Nelson cheated him. Nelson stopped making payments on some money he owed Foster. Then they "partnered on a cattle deal that Foster said went bad.
Foster said Nelson had serious money problems and a history of fraud. He had no knowledge of that. If he'd done a google search or a background check to begin with, he'd have saved himself a lot of problems.

Reporter: It got so bad that Foster started recording his phone conversations.
They will air some of those on new tonight.

{ETA: ^post is as close to story wording as I could type, but removed quote marks, because not verbatim.}

Last edited:
Sorry if something was inappropriate.
Because of TM's quote in the article it made me curious. I did the research myself--came up with little. I then posed a question.
I understand your post, but, there wasn't a need to be so blunt...

What other way is there to state it? JMO.

Coming up at 10: Secret recordings made before two brothers vanish in Missouri

A friendship ended over a cattle deal just a few weeks before two brothers from Wisconsin went missing. Nick and Justin Diemel had been visiting a cattle operation near Braymer, Missouri. Police say they'd been in business with Joey Nelson who is in jail on tampering charges. Court documents state he dumped the brothers' rental truck. Police later found human remains on his farm. KCTV5’s Nathan Vickers has been looking into Nelson's past dealings

I can't get the play button to work. Can someone give me an update?
David Foster went into a business agreement with Nelson on two refrigerated trucks. Last fall, they together purchased 130+ calves from the Diemels. Nelson also had a separate agreement with the Diemels. At some point, Nelson stopped paying on the trucks and brought 35 cattle of the 130+ calves over to the Foster farm. The cattle were malnourished. Several heated phone calls were recorded of the Foster/Nelsen conversations. They mentioned the Diemels and Nelsen stated that 2 WI guys would lose their business. Nelson also stated he couldn't pay and that he was ready to shoot himself or someone else. Foster was ready to have a face to face with Nelson but he never went over there unlike the Diemels who did.

David Foster went into a business agreement with Nelson on two refrigerated trucks. Last fall, they together purchased 130+ calves from the Diemels. Nelson also had a separate agreement with the Diemels. At some point, Nelson stopped paying on the trucks and brought 35 cattle of the 130+ calves over to the Foster farm. The cattle were malnourished. Several heated phone calls were recorded of the Foster/Nelsen conversations. They mentioned the Diemels and Nelsen stated that 2 WI guys would lose their business. Nelson also stated he couldn't pay and that he was ready to shoot himself or someone else. Foster was ready to have a face to face with Nelson but he never went over there unlike the Diemels who did.
Thank you Teleah!
Now, my next question is: Is this news not to be trusted as some have warned? Or is this the real deal?
Is this he said she said or is there audio we can hear of the conversation?
Since I can't play it In at the mercy of others. Lol!

Thank you Teleah!
Now, my next question is: Is this news not to be trusted as some have warned? Or is this the real deal?
There is some audio played and some signed documents for the refrigeration trucks

BBM. If that is true, we have the motive, premeditation and the means used to kill. But what would JN achieve by murdering his creditors? Wouldn't he still owe money to their families who inherit the business?

BBM. If that is true, we have the motive, premeditation and the means used to kill. But what would JN achieve by murdering his creditors? Wouldn't he still owe money to their families who inherit the business?

I don't think he's smart enough to think that far ahead, JMO.

I doubt he cares. Maybe he thinks his mother will pay his debts. The families can file a civil suit that will languish in courts for years. MOO.

I couldn't come up with a financial reason for murder either. I think that his parole had restrictions or at least notification requirements for incurring new debt. Given JN's history of deception it may have been difficult for his probation officer to recognize what he was doing. His family should have been able to see that doing the same thing over again will likely give the same results as the last time. It is hindsight and only my opinion, but it seems that if JN got a job and a paycheck for a while until he gained some wisdom and maturity instead of being enabled this whole situation could have been avoided.

MOO, this has eerily similarities with the WI Avery case which was dragged through Netflix. If JN watched that "documentary" I would not be surprised. In the Avery case, one of the biggest "finds" was the car key. JN made sure to leave the key with the car. The smoldering pile vs. the Avery burn pit. Lets hope JN was just as sloppy and they can find some bloody fingerprints etc. In the Avery case, it also came down to the brand of jeans that she wore and finding a button from those jeans in the burn pit. With the David Foster interview it certainly gives suggestion to the problems between JN and the Diemels. The 35 cattle are assumed to be the only living out of the 130+ bought. The Diemels would likely have taken him to court. Then he would have been "found out". Unfortunately, to "hide" the situation that could take him back to prison, it seems he may have chosen a different route. It sounds like he was in a state of panic when the recording was made. He certainly was not thinking rationally. I am sure that the recordings and testimony of Mr. Foster will be included at trial. (My own opinion and speculation)

Thank you Teleah!
In fact, pretty much everything presented in the newscast was either backed up with documents (contracts for the trucks & metal building agreement, USDA report on the condition of the animals dumped off) or audio (recording of JN getting upset and admitting that he couldn't pay, etc.) Sounded like good reporting and not a sensationalized piece.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member