Found Deceased MO - Nicholas Diemel, 35, & Justin, 24, brothers missing, Clinton County, 21 July 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, do we know how long it takes to drive from the Farm to where the truck was found? It's possible the brothers were in the truck when it left...
Per the Fox 4 Report there was no visible passenger (ie only 1 person in the truck) according to the video); so if they were in the Truck - they were upright :(; Also reported just a few that this is no longer a Missing persons investigation; it is now a Death Investigation.
Braymer man charged in connection to missing Wisconsin brothers’ case, but search continues

I was afraid this would be the outcome from the outset. I'm so sorry for the families and loved ones of these two men.

I believe they will find Nicholas and Justin. They won't give up until they do or until Garland J Nelson confesses. I wonder if they found something in or about the truck that indicated from the beginning that they had been murdered.

What a stupid, sad crime.

I was afraid this would be the outcome from the outset. I'm so sorry for the families and loved ones of these two men.

I believe they will find Nicholas and Justin. They won't give up until they do or until Garland J Nelson confesses. I wonder if they found something in or about the truck that indicated from the beginning that they had been murdered.

What a stupid, sad crime.

Senseless it seems.

My heart hurts. For the wife, the children, the girlfriend and the parents who lost 2 children at once. I can't imagine the terror. And I am sure they didn't die at the same time, so one of them saw their brother killed and knew he was next. Sickening. Evil.

snipped for focus, bbm

@flossieflo

Thanks for your view from inside the business. And welcome to our forums.

If still suspicious after calling around, as you say, is it likely distant owner would drive/fly in to see feedlot/prop where cattle are supposed to be? Or more likely to contact LE? Both?
Seems unlikely owner could do this without first contacting someone at feedlot.
Does an eartag actually link each animal to owner by name?
Would owner doing an eartag/head count, be a meaningful or reliable way to verify his cattle are still there? Or how could owner verify his cattle were not sold?
Thx in adv.

ETA:
Found Missouri statute re brands and may post & ask about that later.
Missouri Revisor of Statutes - Revised Statutes of Missouri, RSMo Chapter 268

I’m sure not everyone is the same, but if my husband felt there was an issue, he would have just gone to check it out himself first. These business relationships are fairly personal in the sense that you talk from time to time and stopping in wouldn’t be unexpected. We only have fraud experience from the banking side, in which case he inspected a feed yard, confronted the individual, and then called a lawyer and the cops.

As for tagging, that can be done a few different ways. There are ear tags and clips that number cattle and can indicate where they were sold from. Some people also brand their cattle or use like a painted/chalked brand on the hide that’s a little more temporary.

My heart hurts. For the wife, the children, the girlfriend and the parents who lost 2 children at once. I can't imagine the terror. And I am sure they didn't die at the same time, so one of them saw their brother killed and knew he was next. Sickening. Evil.

Ugh. This makes my heart hurt even more. I didn’t even think of one of them more than likely having to witness the other die. :(

Was there no stipulation when he got sentenced for a federal crime that he would not be allowed to work with livestock and he would be on a probationary period after he got out.Makes no sense to me.
A Missouri cattle farmer was sentenced Monday to two years in federal prison for selling more than 600 head of cattle that did not belong to him.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article105727366.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member