MO MO - Nicole Shalee Mallatt, 36, Butler, Bates County, 26 Nov 2019 *endangered*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Jewels53

Jewels53 Oregon Coast Lighthouse

BUTLER, Mo. -- Searchers in Bates County have recovered personal items belonging to a mother of three who has been missing for more than a week.
    Nicole Mallatt's family fears she is a victim of foul play.

Bates County Sheriff Chad Anderson disclosed Thursday that searchers have found Mallatt's cell phone, back pack and a pair of her shoes. All were in the area where the 36-year-old woman was last seen.

A group of volunteers joined law enforcement officers in searching farmland in rural Bates County for evidence of the mother of three.

Searchers find missing woman’s cellphone, backpack in Bates County

2. Jewels53

The Sheriff Chad Anderson is a pretty upstanding guy. He will tell you what he can and be up front. As we all know there are things LE can not say.

I lived in Butler for 15 yrs, it is a town where everyone knows your business. If someone knows something it will be found out. I don't know Nicole, as I said up thread I know her ex. I know a little of her history. I am just worried about the children. If she took off she need to let family know. I am not saying this is what happened. It seems she has a history of leaving. I also know she tends to lie to people. I do hope she is okay.

Jmo moo

3. Tippy Lynn

Tippy Lynn Well-Known Member

Things don't sound good. I hope for her safe return and I'll be keeping her kids in my thoughts.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
    Dre, SAMS and Lynetta like this.
  4. PayrollNerd

PayrollNerd Well-Known Member

Hmmm, was she trying to leave breadcrumbs? Odd the phone was found. I would think that would be the last breadcrumb she’d leave if at all possible.

Lynetta, Jewels53 and SAMS like this.
  5. SAMS

SAMS TC Writer

I feel like her things were tossed by someone else...MOO JMO

6. Jewels53

I wondered that also! I just don't know what to think. I will admit it all does seem hinky. Unless you are trying to through someone off. I just can't see leaving your children behind.

7. GraceG

GraceG Well-Known Member

The fact that she texted someone asking if she could "stay at their house" means she did not feel comfortable or safe where she was current living. Was it so dire she had to leave the children behind? Since the kids are 11-16 and she's been with the boyfriend 18 years, she may have felt they were safe in his care.

SAMS, mlhenn, Laughing and 4 others like this.
  8. Jewels53

I must have missed where she texted someone. Do you have the link? Please and thank you!

Lynetta likes this.
  9. Lynetta

Lynetta Well-Known Member

10. Lynetta

Lynetta Well-Known Member

I see a lot of different MSM outlets picking up Nicole's story today. None of them ( that I have checked so far) have any new information in them but I'm so happy to see that Nicole's is getting media attention. Hopefully she is safe.

Niner, Laughing, Tippy Lynn and 2 others like this.
  11. Jewels53

Thank you! Each article says something different.

I also read this in the same article.

Law enforcement says they’ve found no evidence of a crime, but the circumstances of this case are suspicious.

So we can interpret that however we want I guess. Of course like all crimes we wish we knew more.

Niner, Laughing, Tippy Lynn and 2 others like this.
  12. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member

I was once in an abusive relationship and felt I needed to stay with friends, when I told abuser that I was clearing my head for a little bit and staying at a friend’s house was when all hell broke loose, I almost died that night. That’s just where my mind went about the text asking to stay at sisters but then something happening before she could make it there. Moo!

13. Elgana

Elgana Well-Known Member

So sorry you had to go through that Dre, I agree that could be what happened here.

Luckyzmom, Jewels53, Laughing and 3 others like this.
  14. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member

Thank you for that, it’s really only made me wiser, not sadder ;)
    But I guess I’m a bit jaded as some of these cases my mind IMMEDIATELY goes to abuse and/or homicide :(

Knox, Niner, Luckyzmom and 5 others like this.
  15. Elgana

Elgana Well-Known Member

I'm glad to hear that. :) My mind went the same way with this case TBH. I think when you spend any length of time on this site you start to see patterns with certain cases, I'm always glad to be proved wrong though!

Nancy19XX, Niner, Luckyzmom and 6 others like this.
  16. Jewels53

BUTLER, Mo. -- Investigators issued an endangered person advisory for a missing mom days after she disappeared. Searchers were out again in Bates County on Friday looking for Nicole Mallatt.

She is a 36-year-old white female who is 5'4", 120 pounds, with blonde hair and blue eyes. She was last seen wearing a black shirt.

Her family says she had been living with a boyfriend for the last 18 years in Bates County and they have three children. This week searchers found Mallatt's backpack, and they've been out every day for the last week looking for her.

Missouri Highway Patrol issues endangered person advisory for missing Bates County mom

17. Jewels53

18. Jewels53

A statewide search continues for a Bates County woman who went missing two days before Thanksgiving.

After some of her belongings were found earlier this week, friends and family of Nicole Mallatt gathered for a candlelight vigil.

Saturday marks 11 days since Mallatt went missing, and her mother said she's hopeful for the best possible outcome, but also is preparing for the worst.

"Hopeful, but I know that's not the case because I know Nicole would not do this," Debora Lewis said. "I know she's not alive, I just know she's not. I feel it in my heart."

Bates County community comes together at vigil

19. Tee Mac

Tee Mac New Member

Attached Files:

20. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)

Nicole was added to NAMUS: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

[​IMG]

Circumstances
    Date of Last Contact November 25, 2019
    NamUs Case Created December 7, 2019
    Last Known Location Map
    Location Rich Hill, Missouri
    Bates County

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Nicole Mallatt was last seen on 11/25/2019 in Rich Hill, Missouri.