PARENTS KILLED AMBER ALERT ISSUED FOR 13-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER
---
POLICE NEED PUBLIC'S HELP IN FINDING MISSING AND PREGNANT KIERRA COLES

MO - One-time murder suspect Gregory Breeden is found dead in Butler

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Jacie Estes, May 22, 2014.

1. Jacie Estes

Jacie Estes Medical Marijuana Advocate

Gregory W. Breeden, a man once suspected in a string of murders of Kansas City women whose bodies were dumped in the Missouri River, was found dead Wednesday in Butler, Mo.

Bates County Coroner Gary Schowengerdt said Breeden died of natural causes and had been dead several days before his body was discovered in a motel where he lived. Butler is about 25 miles south of Harrisonville.

Breeden, 67, was investigated in the mid-1990s for the deaths of seven women. Some were prostitutes, and some of their bodies were mutilated. Breeden was charged in one death, but the case was dropped when a witness wouldn’t testify. Breeden, who denied killing the women, later served 10 years in prison on a bad-check offense.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2014/05/21/5038765/one-time-murder-suspect-gregory.html#storylink=cpy

2. Tulessa

Tulessa Well-Known Member

Karma...

3. Jacie Estes

There have been about 77 prostitutes reported missing in and around Kansas City since the late '70's. Six suspected victims of Greg, all with ties to drugs and the Independence Avenue trade, were found in the river between 1982 and 1994, some without their legs.

http://www.crimezzz.net/serialkillers/B/BREEDEN_gregory.php

4. Jewels53

Jewels53 Forever in my Heart!

Very scary as I still have family living there.

I thought Breeden had been found guilty, goes to show you how much I kept up with the news back then. I know all too well where the motel is that he was living in. I lived in Butler for 14 yr.

The story was if you want to get away with murder commit it in Bates County.

5. Jacie Estes

I don't know Butler that well because we lived further north near Liberty, but Independence Ave is an area, as well as Independence itself, with a lot of problems. At least Breeden can't hurt anyone now.

6. Jacie Estes

HARRISONVILLE, Mo. — A former suspect in several Kansas City killings has been charged with misdemeanor sexual misconduct in Cass County for allegedly urinating in public and in view of children.

In the probable cause statement related to the October 7th arrest, a police officer reports he was called out to a residential area on a report that a man exposed himself while urinating outside.

The neighbor who called police said he saw Breeden working on a van in front of his house, and then saw him walk toward the back of the van

“But I looked again and he had his penis out and he was peeing and facing towards all of us,” said the neighbor who wished to remain anonymous.

http://fox4kc.com/2013/10/09/former...rrested-for-exposing-himself-while-urinating/

7. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...ller-dead_n_5372498.html?utm_hp_ref=cold-case