Identified! MO - Phelps Co., WhtFem, 25-35, along I-44, dark blue hair, Oct'16 - Brandy Steinke

I was unable to fine any updates on this case. Has anyone else?

I was unable to fine any updates on this case. Has anyone else?

Sad to say, I have not either. I came hoping to see an update. I checked the Phelps County sheriff's Facebook page, and in Brandy's mother's last post, which was on Sunday, she said they are still not any closer to solving the case.

so is the husband missing or not , I keep seeing online things that suggest he is ?

It appears the husband isn't missing? Posts to social media since this happened. No word from any MSM on what happened.

:thud:

So, they are blaming her for her own death? She was holding on the his (I think her husband's) vehicle and fell off causing her death. Hmmmmmmm......

I missed that the trucker was her husband... :maddening: It's maddening they would say all along this was foul play and then determine it was an accident.

There is a lot that doesn't exactly make sense .. I live not far from where she was found. A buddy of mine was actually on call that night and was there. Nothing makes sense. She was cremated I believe on the 6th of Oct. (not 100% sure on that date) here in Missouri.

If they MSHP posted on Oct. 1st of the accident then why put her all over the news for identification ??

If they MSHP posted on Oct. 1st of the accident then why put her all over the news for identification ??

To me it looks like they are just saying the date and time of accident was Oct 1. That is when her body was found. They did have to identify her and then track down her husband. They could have posted this report anytime after they found out what happened. What I find strange is why there was never any follow-up with the media? They just never said anything again after identifying her. Sometimes we see that in suicides but this was not a suicide it looks like it was ruled an accidental death.

if it was an accident why did her husband leave her body there?

To me it looks like they are just saying the date and time of accident was Oct 1. That is when her body was found. They did have to identify her and then track down her husband. They could have posted this report anytime after they found out what happened. What I find strange is why there was never any follow-up with the media? They just never said anything again after identifying her. Sometimes we see that in suicides but this was not a suicide it looks like it was ruled an accidental death.

:thud:

So, they are blaming her for her own death? She was holding on the his (I think her husband's) vehicle and fell off causing her death. Hmmmmmmm......

This is a strange case. I hope it gets more attention from the news media and the public. Perhaps MHP is investigating to see if other charges can be filed.

if it was an accident why did her husband leave her body there?

I wonder if her husband even knew she was dead at the beginning. From the way the accident report states things, I don't know if this would be considered as "blaming her for her own death," but it sounds like it could be a case of "did something foolish and didn't live to tell about it."

From the accident report, it sounds like the couple could have gotten into a big tiff and he started to take off without her. So she realized that he was leaving her and grabbed onto the truck.
I thought that the engine/acceleration of the big rig when it was first taking off would have masked the "thud" or bump or whatever it sounded/felt like when she jumped and clung to the truck.

I guess that they were, for some reason, stopped on the shoulder of I-44. The next exit (where they could have stopped) is a mile or so before (going west) the accident scene. I don't know if she could have held on for that long, but I doubt I could have done it.
But it doesn't look like there are any stores or gas stations near that exit. So there's no real reason to be going there or leaving from there (Smith Hollow looks to be in BFE, MO). Also, the map I'm looking at calls I-40 "Route 66."

so it sounds like at the very least he was leaving her , alone in the middle of nowhere! , I can see how this could have gone down but still he was leaving her alone !

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back