MO MO - Phoenix Coldon, 23, St. Louis County, 18 Dec 2011

I am so sad about Phoenix's case. I don't know why there isn't more being done, I spread the word on FB and via email. And pray. I don't know anything else to do.

Good article, learned some details I didn't know:

When Phoenix Coldon moved out at 18, she had told her parents she was going to live with a girlfriend. Goldia Coldon even signed the lease. But since she has been missing, her parents have learned she was staying in the apartment with a boyfriend until moving back home last year.
Unbeknownst to them, Phoenix Coldon also had not enrolled in fall classes at the University of Missouri-St. Louis, where she is classified as a junior.
The Coldons say they have not been in touch with the boyfriend since her disappearance, but they know he is still in the area. They have reached out, Goldia Coldon said, but received no response. The Post-Dispatch also could not reach him for comment.
St. Louis County Detective Robert Vogel said the boyfriend is not currently considered a suspect in Phoenix Coldon's disappearance.
Goldia Coldon said she's unclear on whether Phoenix Coldon was still dating the man, who's in his mid-20s. She doesn't believe he had anything to do with her daughter's disappearance, but she fears his influence may have gotten her involved with the wrong people.

Parents continue search for missing St. Louis County woman

In the foyer of Lawrence and Goldia Coldon's modest home, a Christmas tree stands lined with lights and ornaments. Outside, green holiday trim adorns a pillar on the porch.

Never mind that it's well into spring. The decorations distract from the reality that nearly five months have passed since their only child, Phoenix Coldon, 23, disappeared.

More: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...or-missing-st.-louis-20120505,0,7531803.story

I just found out about Phoenix. What a beautiful woman!!! And I can't believe it about the hoax! :tears: What is wrong with people anymore?

I just learned about Phoenix and have read the thread and gone on to the FB site. Wow, this is heartbreaking!

I understand that her mom saw her last in her driveway speaking on her cell phone that day. Did they ever reveal who was she speaking to? I wonder what her phone records revealed about cell use that day - what could those people offer about Phoenix's mindset that day?
I read about the rumors that Phoenix was staying with her friend and left on her own accord to escape a controlling home life...if that's the case, wouldn't she have some record of using her SSN since then? And why abandon her car? Not sure that scenario matches the evidence in my mind.
This is such a strange and sad case...
...wish that there was a standard, minimum protocol for missing persons that LE had to follow. Some cases get so much attention and others are lost in shuffle. It seems that the rumor that Phoenix is with a friend has allowed LE to forget this case.
What can we do here at WS to help find Phoenix??? Maybe her family and friends could organize a search in the area where her car was found and get the media involved to increase exposure for this beautiful young lady.
Praying for Phoenix's safe return to her family.

6 months she has been missing...and I don't believe this family has been able to get any help at all. I wonder if they have contacted any professional groups.

I am local for this case, and the biggest problem is where Phoenix's car was found. People in that area are not helpful and not forthcoming with speaking to cops or really anyone. It saddens my heart that she is still missing. I think I remember a group going on a canvas search of the area not long after her car was found. I remember her mother making the comment that no one who speak to her (residents) or answer any questions.

It's a very dangerous area where her car was found.

There are so many missing people, it is overwhelming. I remember reading this case when she first went missing. I can't believe there are no new answers. Where did she go? Was she abducted? Someone has to know something. Why isn't this receiving more media? And her family has to deal with a hoax costing them money?! Unbelievable! I will keep this family in my prayers. They need to know what happened to their loved one.

phoenixcoldon.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Az0ZSjlFgYU/Twka3-aqo4I/AAAAAAAAB38/yAL2od_Lwug/s1600/phoenixcoldon.jpg

http://www.amw.com/missing_persons/case.cfm?id=80806

Last updated November 13, 2012

University Of Missouri Student Vanishes Without A Trace

Police say 23-year-old Phoenix Coldon was last seen on December 18, 2011, in her family's St. Louis driveway. By 3 p.m. that afternoon, Phoenix disappeared. Her vehicle was found less than 20 miles away from her home, but cops say the vehicle hasn't brought them any closer to finding Phoenix, and they need your help in bringing her home safely.

Sex: Female
Race: Black
Age at Disappearance: 23
Current Age: 24
Height: 5'6''
Weight: 125 lbs.
Hair (Color, Description, Facial Hair):
Reddish-Brown
Pierced ears
Eyes:
Brown
St. Louis , MO
Her car was found 25 minutes from her home on Ninth Street and Clair Avenue.
Other Possible Locations:
Illinois
Last Known Locations:
St. Louis , MO
Vehicle To Look For:
1998 Chevy Trail Blazer

Phoenix was featured on Katie Couric's missing show yesterday with John Walsh as a guest.

It was heart wrenching listening to her parents, but they haven't given up. They've hired a PI and have several leads they weren't able to disclose as it is still very active. Her mother still firmly believes she is alive.

I couldn't believe 2 weeks had gone by before they found out about the car. That was valuable time needed to check for forensics which may have led to a different outcome.

All of her parents savings are gone and then some. Just very very sad.

John Walsh discussed how difficult it is to get LE and other agencies to step up investigations in to missing women. As we know, he said it's because they are perceived to intentionally wanting to be missing and that mind set needs to change.

Vanished: Gone Without A Trace

http://www.katiecouric.com/on-the-show/2012/12/03/vanished-gone-without-a-trace/

video at link^ run your mouse over their pic and you can view the interview

I watched "Katie" yesterday where Phoenix's case was featured. I don't have much to add, besides that I hope they find this beautiful young woman. I could tell her parents have and are continuing to go through hell searching for their daughter. It is truly heartbreaking. :(

http://newsone.com/2105674/phoenix-coldon-missing/

Dec 18, 2012 By Jeff Mays

<snipped>
But Coldon’s parents, Lawrence and Goldia Coldon, say they recently received some encouraging news from their private investigator but are unable to share details because of the ongoing investigation.

“There have been hopeful developments in the case that she will be found alive and well,” said Goldia. “I have always believed that Phoenix is alive and well.”

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back