MO - Police officer fatally shoots Vonderrick Myers in south St. Louis #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand the purpose of having a sit-in at the QT in the middle of the night.

I was following this thread last night, had I known this was here, I would have been following all along, since I've been following all this from the beginning. With that said, I couldn't bite my tongue anymore. LOL Civil disobedience workshop, okay, now I have heard it all. And the streams that were linked on here, I was on everyone that was posted. But now I don't see any.

I was following this thread last night, had I known this was here, I would have been following all along, since I've been following all this from the beginning. With that said, I couldn't bite my tongue anymore. LOL Civil disobedience workshop, okay, now I have heard it all. And the streams that were linked on here, I was on everyone that was posted. But now I don't see any.
They aren't online streaming right now... is that what you mean? Bassem will up streaming sometime soon. :gaah:

Civil disobedience workshop, okay, now I have heard it all.

RSBM --

I know how strange the term seems, but that is hardly a new thing. There have been activists and community organizers who have held workshops on civil disobedience for over 100 years. Without organized civil disobedience, it's likely women would not have the right to vote, much less many of the more recent rights aimed at formal equality between the sexes...to say nothing about the civil rights of smaller and more marginalized groups. Organized civil disobedience is not rioting -- it is a way of giving people a way to protest without violence.

Why does anyone need to know how to rush a police station, anyway? Are they planning a coup d'etat?

That's civil disobedience action training - rushing at a police line is non violent LOL Touch an officer and get arrested. Can't arrest them all.

What ever happened to plain ol peaceful protesting with signs? I don't even care about what they scream but an angry mob rushing police to get anywhere is violence.

ETA: Sorry for jumping off your post jenna :)

BTW and OT

Thanks for taking 1 for the team Katy!! :cheer: :cheer:

RSBM --

I know how strange the term seems, but that is hardly a new thing. There have been activists and community organizers who have held workshops on civil disobedience for over 100 years. Without organized civil disobedience, it's likely women would not have the right to vote, much less many of the more recent rights aimed at formal equality between the sexes...to say nothing about the civil rights of smaller and more marginalized groups. Organized civil disobedience is not rioting -- it is a way of giving people a way to protest without violence.

But the frustrating thing for me is that the 'cause' of this protest is not like the right to vote or the right to attend school.

Vonderrick Myers SHOT FIRST.

But the frustrating thing for me is that the 'cause' of this protest is not like the right to vote or the right to attend school.

Vonderrick Myers SHOT FIRST.

For what it's worth, I don't see how the Myers case is any cause for protesting. I don't think anyone in their right mind sees that shooting as unjustified. Some protesters may think it was a hasty decision, but I would disagree. Is there anything saying that the protests are about Myers rather than Brown? It seems to me that MB's death is the main catalyst for the protests. I don't think people are protesting for Myers as much as they are for Brown.

I was talking with some of the protestors on the live chats last night. One guy finally admitted that Vonderrick shot first. HOWEVERm he also said :

" It's not right to shoot 17 times at someone who has only shot 3 times at you!" :thud:

Seriously. He believed the cop should have 3 or 4 shots in return, in order to be fair. But he should be arrested for EXCESSIVE FORCE because he emptied his clip.

For what it's worth, I don't see how the Myers case is any cause for protesting. I don't think anyone in their right might sees that shooting as unjustified. Some protesters may think it was a hasty decision, but I would disagree. Is there anything saying that the protests are about Myers rather than Brown? It seems to me that MB's death is the main catalyst for the protests. I don't think people are protesting for Myers as much as they are for Brown.

With all due respect, I watch the livestream protesting every night and yes, they are protesting BOTH. How dare these heathen cops shoot and kill our babies. Not just MB, all AA children. Gunning them down in the streets for no reason. ALL cops should die for killing THEM, not just MB. So I have to disagree with you. The protesters have joined both shootings into one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23