Deceased/Not Found MO - Renee Pernice, 35, Kansas City, 2 Jan 2009 - *S. Pernice guilty*

My understanding from watching news reports of the search warrant, is that the children left with SP, his mother and some clothing shortly after the warrant was served. :(

Hopefully LE is keeping as close of an eye as they can on the children until stronger measures can be taken to protect their physical and mental well being.

Not from this area. Mid-Missouri. We are a little familiar with KC, but did not know this was a bad neighborhood. Thanks for that info.
If you get any answers to the other questions, that would be great. just trying to piece some things together.

I lived half a block from where that phone was found in the mid-80s. It wasn't the best area then but it wasn't like it is now. We had a newborn baby and started out there; headed for Johnson County where I grew up before she was 2! Interestingly, the Pernices lived right across the street from us on 6th Street. I think they would have been Shon's paternal grandparents. They owned a barbershop just a block north on Independence Avenue, and from what I can deduce, Shon's father works in the 5500 block of Independence Avenue. So I think Shon is definitely familiar with the area.

I would be suprised if she was really at the park, odds are it was placed there to throw LE off. While Kansas city does have a high murder rate most victims are gang related or know each other. I can't see her walking outside and something happening to her by a stranger. I heard the kids were sleeping someone else that night which was convievent and if he thought she was with friends/family why didn't he call them when she didn't come home? A lot of big guns taken out of the house. I'm suprised he didn't say she went jogging and ran off with another man. That seems to be the stories these men make up. She is a mother of 3 with a great job she isn't going to just take off. Why do these men think it's a better idea to murder their wives than go theough a divorce? (I know I'm jumping to conclusions)

http://www.kmbc.com/mostpopular/18447247/detail.html

On the locaL Kansas City news at 5 today, Saturday, they said the 2 younger kids, the boys, spent the night next door on Thursday night, Jan 1st. They said SHON PERNICE took the boys next door and asked if they could spend the night because he wanted to spend a quiet night with his wife before he left the next day for his National Guard duty. The neighbor returned the boys to their house the next day, I think they said about noon. Hmmmm....

They also said on Monday there is going to be an on-foot, shoulder-to-shoulder search of the wooded area behind the Pernice home (the wooded area runs behind all the houses on their street if you look at a google map. There is highway 169 then a wooded area between the highway and the houses.

I reported one of the first really disturbing remarks made last weekend on "CrimeScene KC" after she disappeared to the tip line as soon as I saw it.

Thankfully I saved the comment:

If true, that's one of the creepiest things I've heard. Ack.

Bomb squad called to home during search.
"A bomb squad was dispatched to the home of a missing Missouri mom during a search after a hand grenade was found.

The hollowed-out grenade was found Friday in a gun safe in the house Renee Pernice shared with her husband, Army Sgt. Shon Pernice, according to MyFOXKC.com. It turned out to be disarmed. The safe belongs to Shon Pernice. . ."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,479094,00.html

I do know that when they went to the house with the search warrant they used an explosive to enter and the attorney had this to say about it.

“They know he is an Iraqi veteran and has a traumatic brain injury, and while, yes, like many Missourians, he owns guns, they could have called us and had us take him into custody,” Baldwin said. “They could have waited until he left to pick up his kids from school.

“They have not charged him with anything, but it seems like they are trying to create a situation for him.”

Yeesh, I am unaware of any attorney that has the authority to take anyone, client or other, into custody. That's a big mispeak on is part.

Traumatic Brain Injury? I have not read anywhere that he was injured, does anyone know?

On the locaL Kansas City news at 5 today, Saturday, they said the 2 younger kids, the boys, spent the night next door on Thursday night, Jan 1st. They said SHON PERNICE took the boys next door and asked if they could spend the night because he wanted to spend a quiet night with his wife before he left the next day for his National Guard duty. The neighbor returned the boys to their house the next day, I think they said about noon. Hmmmm....

They also said on Monday there is going to be an on-foot, shoulder-to-shoulder search of the wooded area behind the Pernice home (the wooded area runs behind all the houses on their street if you look at a google map. There is highway 169 then a wooded area between the highway and the houses.

Im confused, so the Dad DID speak to Renee on Friday 8am? If so she did not disappear the evening of the 1st.

The neighbor states she heard loud digging and a leaf coverup (paraphrasing) in the woods behind the home around noon, when the other neighbor brings the boys home, which would be a conflict.

If not, whatever happened to Renee was in daylight with very little time to cover it up.

Do we know if the dogs were found? A flash Bang device was used when they served the warrant on the home, which makes me think no.

This guy was a medic, I do not have a good feeling and pary for this family

I hadn't heard that Renee had talked to her Dad Friday morning. I thought I heard that her parents hadn't heard for her for a while and had reported her missing to the police. Husband said he last talked to her Friday morning between 9-10 when she said she was going out. If the kids were gone Thursday night wouldn't that give him Thursday night/Friday morning before the kids came home to kill her and hid her body?

She didn't talk to her father Friday morning. He talked to her on the phone at 7 p.m. on Thursday night, Jan. 1. A neighbor said she saw Renee let the dogs out in the backyard at 9:00 a.m. I wonder if the neighbor is sure about that. The last person who for sure heard from Renee besides Shon (as far as is being reported) is her dad at 7:00 p.m. the night before.

I hadn't heard that Renee had talked to her Dad Friday morning. I thought I heard that her parents hadn't heard for her for a while and had reported her missing to the police. Husband said he last talked to her Friday morning between 9-10 when she said she was going out. If the kids were gone Thursday night wouldn't that give him Thursday night/Friday morning before the kids came home to kill her and hid her body?

This is what I was thinking, that he purposely took the kids over to the neighbors Thursday for that very reason. Hubby account she left with the dogs at 8-9am, neighbor says she let them out at 9, which I am guessing may have been him, or someone recollecting that from another day.

How normal was it for him to take the kids to the neighbors out of the blue for a sleepover. Is it me or does that seem odd in itself? My wife makes all those arrangements, I dont think I have ever made any sleepover arrangements and these kids are small.

Yes, that is odd and it would be interesting to hear from the kids when the last time they had seen their mother and from the neighbor if there was ever another time he had brought over the kids to spend the night at the last minute. I'm guessing not. He may have told the neighbor he wanted to spend a quiet night with his wife before he left for National Guard but if she had already told him she had plans to move out his stuff while he was gone and was going to file for divorce then I'm sure he was mad about that. He didn't get the kids untill noon the next day then that is a lot of time he had.

This is what I was thinking, that he purposely took the kids over to the neighbors Thursday for that very reason. Hubby account she left with the dogs at 8-9am, neighbor says she let them out at 9, which I am guessing may have been him, or someone recollecting that from another day.

How normal was it for him to take the kids to the neighbors out of the blue for a sleepover. Is it me or does that seem odd in itself? My wife makes all those arrangements, I dont think I have ever made any sleepover arrangements and these kids are small.

Yes, that is definitely odd for Shon to make the arrangements for the kids to spend the night, ESPECIALLY when he had been in Iraq for some time and had only been home 6 months. I think the neighbors probably knew Renee and the kids better than they knew Shon. I'm sure what the police find out from the neighbors will be key. My husband never made sleepover arrangements for the kids, either. Very strange.

Driveon, I had the same thought that maybe it was Shon who let the dogs out that morning or maybe the neighbor was remembering another day that they saw Renee let the dogs out.

I could see a couple asking the neighbor to keep the kids overnight if they planned to go out to dinner and a movie or to do something like that...be away from home. But if you are going to be home why send the kids away overnight? Kids are usually in bed by 8 or 9:00 depending on their ages and so you can basically have the whole evening to yourselves anyway. Sounds like he didn't want anyone to be in the home that night.

Yet, we still dont know if the dogs were accounted for? Anyone? I think this very important.

Luvbeaches,
Do you know if the dogs were recovered? According to the news, The husband Shon said he last seen her on Friday 8am, when she left to walk the dogs? Any info on the dogs. Also, what alerted her father to call the police. Why didn't her husband call the police.
IMO:The husband is responsible for her disappearance and dumped her cell phone on 6th and Gladstone. Do you know where he works and if he was supposedly at work on Friday? Thanks

Bold by me-

Seems I've heard this somewhere before...:rolleyes:

I hope they this has a happy ending. Prayers.

Yet, we still dont know if the dogs were accounted for? Anyone? I think this very important.

A neighbor interviewed on the news said the Pernice's dogs were very loud and would bark at just someone walking down the street. So if Renee's family got police and went to the house on Friday when Shon wasn't there, that makes me think the dogs were NOT there at that time. Also, when police went there with a search warrant they said Shon and his mother were there and that Shon took some clothing and he and his mother got in the family van and left. The kids were at school at the time. They didn't mention the dogs. So again, I think the dogs weren't there. What the heck happened to the dogs and why aren't they there? Did Shon take THEM somewhere on Thursday night too?

A neighbor interviewed on the news said the Pernice's dogs were very loud and would bark at just someone walking down the street. So if Renee's family got police and went to the house on Friday when Shon wasn't there, that makes me think the dogs were NOT there at that time. Also, when police went there with a search warrant they said Shon and his mother were there and that Shon took some clothing and he and his mother got in the family van and left. The kids were at school at the time. They didn't mention the dogs. So again, I think the dogs weren't there. What the heck happened to the dogs and why aren't they there? Did Shon take THEM somewhere on Thursday night too?

They used a flash bang device to enter the home and serve the warrant, in that instance, there would be a high probability the dogs might be injured as a result, I do not think they would have done that if the dogs were there, too high risk with no imminent danger, imo.

Hey guys
I used to be able to be on here all the time...on the Caylee forum, but i haven't been able to be on as much lately...
please forgive me...i hope it doesn't seem like i'm just jumping in w/ comments and not sticking around...
i haven't made to page 4 of this thread yet, but i just wanted to ask this while i'm thinking of it...
i've seen some posts where it says stuff like "the last person we know FOR SURE talked to her" or "saw her"...etc...
and wondering if maybe the neighbor was wrong about saying she saw her put the dogs out that morning....
i'm just wondering....
what if the nieghbor IS right? what if the neighbor does know for sure she saw HER put the dogs out that morning?
just a thought...really....i just so many doubts about the neighbor actually seeing her that morning, but what if she really did??
Again i haven't made it to page 4 yet, but here i go....:)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back