ALWLDNCBETSMELRSERLSEURGLNEASNWLDNCBE
(NOPFSENLSRENCBE)NTEGDDMNSENCURERCBRNE
(TENETFRNE NCBRTSENCBEING)
(FLRSEPRSE ONDE 71NCBE)
(CDNSEPRSE ONSDE 74NCBE)
(BRTSEPRSE ONREDE 75NCBE)

(TFNQCMSPSOLEMRDELUSE TOTEWLDN1HLDNCBE)
(194WLD’SNCBE)(TRFXL)

I started looking for patterns in p2. This is what I have so far. Does it make sense to anyone yet? :)

In the first of the three lines I bolded, I changed Amanda's Q to an R so that SEPRSE is the same in all three.

So interesting. He may have been too good at keeping secrets, but the fact that he had three addresses might indicate he was making money. These don't look like grocery lists or reminders. They don't look like names or sentences. I'm guessing N is a connector or separator, and SE, WLD and CBE are key chunks. These are not thoughtfully written, but more like someone would jot down while on the phone or in a hurry, where frequent corrections become more necessary because writing the code isn't that simple when talking to someone.

JMO, but I can definitely see why they'd want to figure it out. It suggests racketeering and doesn't seem random.

BBM! Interesting ideas grayjay! Where did you find the information about him having three addresses? Honestly, it would be very helpful to know more about Ricky. What did he do for an 'official' living? It seems silly to write secret coded notes to yourself, so who did he write them to as he was growing up? I remember writting secret messages to my friend as a little girl. I wrote them in a secret code I don't even remember now (but I am sure could be easily cracked). I wrote them in lemon juice so they 'disappeared' and could only be seen if held up to a hot light bulb. Knowing more about Ricky would help a lot!

That's interesting.... Imagine if these weren't codes he made at all, but cheats he got for video games!

Oh wait. I forget when it said this happened. I think it was before video game cheats.

No, no, no! Ricky died in 1999, and I can assure you, there were video game cheats many years before that! For example, the 'jump to any level' cheat for the first Sonic the Hedgehog 16 bit Sega Genesis game (came out in 1991) was 'up,down,left,right,A,start'. I begged, and begged my brother to tell me, b/c I couldn't get past the labrinth level that was right before the starlight level which was my very favorite. So I still remember.

Ok, so here's what I've got for the 2nd page, if it makes it any easier to try and figure out. Some of his letters weren't super-clear, so I did the best I could:

ALPNTE GLSE-SE ERTE
VLSE MTSE-CTSE-WSE-FRTSE
PNRTRSE ONDRSEWLD NCBE
NWLDZLRCMSPNEWLDSTSMEXL
DULMT6TUNSE NCBEXC
(MUNSAISTENMUNARSE)
KLSE-LRSTE-TRSE-TRSE-MKSEN-MRSE
(SAE6NSE SE NMBSE)
NMNRCBRNSEPTE2PTEWSREBKNSE
26MLSE74SPRKSE29KENOSOLE173RTRSE
356LE CLGSEOUNUTKEDKRSE PSESHLE
651MTCSEHTLSENCUTCTRS NMRE
99.84.5 5UNEPLSENCRSEADLTSENSKSENBSE
NSREONSE PVTSEWLDNCBE (3XORL)
NMSENRSEIN2NTRLERCBRNSENTSRCRBNE
LSPNSENGSPSEMKSEKBSEPCBEAVXL’R
HMCRENMREFCBE 1/2MUNDPLSE
D-W-M14HIL XDRLX

Here's what I've got for the other page (there's a lot of "NCBE" in it, fwiw):

(MNDMKNEARSE-N-S-M-KNARE)
TFRHENPINSENPBSERCBBNSENPRSEINC
PRSENMRSE DPREHLDWLDNCBE(TFXLFTCXLNCBE)
AL-PRPPITXLYPPIYNCBE MGKSEWCDRCBRNSEPRSE
WLDRCBRNSE NTSSHENTXSE-CRSLE-CLTRSEWLDNCBE
(FLRSEPQSEONDE71NCBE)
(CDNSEPRSEONSDE74NCBE)
(BRTSEPRSEONREDE75NCBE)
(194WLD’SNCBE)(TRFXL)

This line from your transcription
26MLSE74SPRKSE29KENOSOLE173RTRSE

The first part looks like it says 26 miles south east 74 south park 29 k east

(here it could say a raod name in code or it could mean ole 173 route or right turn south east)
I played with it and it could also be east/no south old 173 right turn right south east .
Or I could be nuts.

I Also (as others have) noticed the repeating NCBE and saw where it appears in one part there is a XE added to it making me think if we could firgure out what suffix that is supposed to mean to Ricky , we may have 2 letters firgured out or at least how he makes that suffix at least.

I hope the FBI is reading here.... if you google lines from the two pages, you get links to WS's. You guys are coming up with some great ideas!

Normally I would be all over this type of puzzle but with 1. no one's life in imminent danger and 2. no reward, I'm not feeling that motivated.

Plus, the cautious side of me is also suspicious of the FBI's motives for going public with this...they may just be trying to lure the killer by appealing to his ego. In other words, "the killer is so desperate for attention, he'll be dumb enough to come forward to try to get attention for "cracking the code".

I dunno...something just seems off about the whole thing.

You picked up on that also.. I was thinking its more a lure play also, its pretty smart too..

1.TFRNE(2)=FRIEND, 2.NCBE(11)=EVENT OR MURDER, 3.PRSEON=PERSON, 4.F1RSE=FIRST, 5.DE71=DECEMBER 1971, 6.SE74=SEPTEMBER 1974, 7.REDE75=REPEATED DECEMBER 1975, 8.WLD'S=WORLD OR WOULD OF

BBM! Interesting ideas grayjay! Where did you find the information about him having three addresses? Honestly, it would be very helpful to know more about Ricky. What did he do for an 'official' living? It seems silly to write secret coded notes to yourself, so who did he write them to as he was growing up? I remember writting secret messages to my friend as a little girl. I wrote them in a secret code I don't even remember now (but I am sure could be easily cracked). I wrote them in lemon juice so they 'disappeared' and could only be seen if held up to a hot light bulb. Knowing more about Ricky would help a lot!

Oops. Sorry. I followed the above "google" link to STLtoday, GooglePM
the article states:
Authorities say the body found near West Alton on Wednesday was that of Ricky McCormick, 41, who had addresses in St. Louis, Belleville and Fairview Heights. He was identified by fingerprints on Thursday.

Yeah I do think the FBI knows what it says. I just want to know now too.:crazy:

Soul, that would be awesome ;). I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist, but this one definitely has set of my hinky meter. I like your theory! lol

I am thinking wld ncbe could be "would be nice"

still grappling with it though because we do see ncbe with out the wld and vice versa...

Anyway check out the pic and let me know what you think. I have taken the liberty of comparing "like" patterns and handwriting to try and match the letters as close as possible. If you have other ideas, I'd like to know how you are thinking. Maybe I am missing something..

Great community by the way. Definitely better than wasting my time watching youtube videos all day.

ps. Might consider seperating out the "sen"'s seems to be a few of those....

Attachments

• CropperCapture[4].jpg
    CropperCapture[4].jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 139
welcome dafishman, good thoughts and good first post. Glad to have another head to knock this one around.

I am thinking a map of the addresses he lived may help us figure out things. I get the feeling some of these are directions to places and he maybe uses thing such as d-w-m14 to mean something overly simple.
Like door with metal 14 or drop with male 14 or down west maple 1400 block.

In my head looking at the hand written version it seems my brain wants to say it is backwords in places. I do not think it will be a uniform code the same break wont work in all parts. I dont think. (who knows though)

Also checking his criminal record might be worth it.
Just to see if we are dealing with a high level hit man or something. 3 addresses? wow.

(MNDMKNEARSE-N-S-M-KNARE)
TFRHENPINSENPBSERCBBNSENPRSEINC
PRSENMRSE DPREHLDWLDNCBE(TFXLFTCXLNCBE)
AL-PRPPITXLYPPIYNCBE MGKSEWCDRCBRNSEPRSE
WLDRCBRNSE NTSSHENTXSE-CRSLE-CLTRSEWLDNCBE
(FLRSEPRSE ONDE 71NCBE)
(CDNSEPRSE ONSDE 74NCBE)
(BRTSEPRSE ONREDE 75NCBE)

(194WLD’SNCBE)(TRFXL)

I started looking for patterns in p2. This is what I have so far. Does it make sense to anyone yet? :)

In the first of the three lines I bolded, I changed Amanda's Q to an R so that SEPRSE is the same in all three.

After the first parenthesis, there are very few vowels except for "E" for quite a while

Hmmmm. Maybe he had money stashed somewhere.

I thought, what the heck, and rotated the print around and read it up to down and down to up and right to left and got nothing of course.

I will not get sucked into this thread...I will not get sucked into this thread...I will not...

Hi everyone. I just joined here so please forgive me for interjecting what might be something of no consequence in this mystery. I only know what I am learning here, but this part of the code from the second paper caught my eye:

26 MLS E74 SPR KS E29 KENOSO L E173RT
R SE 356 LE

The reason it caught my eye is that it looks like directions that someone might jot down in an abbreviated form. For example: MLS = miles E74 = Rt 74 ...etc

I am way out of my league here, but I just wanted to throw it out there for thought. I caught this story online today and was intrigued. I just wonder if maybe Ockham's razor might be the one to shave this mystery. I dunno.

I also dunno why that link keeps going to a different place. At any rate, google map 'RT 74 Missouri'. Was it always that short?

Hmmmm. Maybe he had money stashed somewhere.

I thought, what the heck, and rotated the print around and read it up to down and down to up and right to left and got nothing of course.

I will not get sucked into this thread...I will not get sucked into this thread...I will not...

Did you use a mirror?

Or take a picture of a picture of it ? :floorlaugh:

I have done it before, Hasnt got that bad here ....yet.

dafishman and Adrian Harbinger, welcome to WS!

Hi everyone. I just joined here so please forgive me for interjecting what might be something of no consequence in this mystery. I only know what I am learning here, but this part of the code from the second paper caught my eye:

The reason it caught my eye is that it looks like directions that someone might jot down in an abbreviated form. For example: MLS = miles E74 = Rt 74 ...etc

I am way out of my league here, but I just wanted to throw it out there for thought. I caught this story online today and was intrigued. I just wonder if maybe Ockham's razor might be the one to shave this mystery. I dunno.

I also dunno why that link keeps going to a different place. At any rate, google map 'RT 74 Missouri'. Was it always that short?

WELCOME to WS Adrian Harbinger :) good first post.

I am thinking the same thing it looks to me like directions of some sort too...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back