NOTGUILTY MO - Savannah Leckie, 16, found deceased, Theodosia, 18 July 2017 * mom arrested*

OMG Meat grinder, lye, and bone fragments (20 boxes of bone fragments?)

This is sick.

From that article...

"Along with the burned remains found on Rudd's property the returned search warrant says deputies found 20 "boxes" of bone fragments on the farm.

While there is no evidence to prove who the burned remains found on Rudd's property belong to, the Ozark County Sheriff's Department confirms evidence is being taken to a state crime lab this afternoon.

In an affidavit filed by Ozark County Deputy Curtis Dobbs, Rudd has admitted to punishing her daughter by forcing her to crawl through an open hog pen, bathe in a pond on the property. She also admitted to rubbing salt and alcohol into a "suicidal" cut on Leckie's arm.

The affidavit also states Ruud gave Savannah up for adoption when she was born and that she was adopted by a family in Minnesota. The documents say the adoptive mother contacted Ruud in November, 2016 and Ruud agreed to take Savannah back. Read all of the search warrant documents below.

No charges have been filed yet in this case according to the Ozark County Prosecutor's office."

http://www.ozarksfirst.com/news/sea...y-of-burned-remains-in-ozark-county/786678973

She is a soapmaker so the lye and grinder are not far fetched. According to the info she gave me to do her website she renders her own lard for use in the soap.

That said, she would be well familiar with how to dispose of a body.

Thanks for the article! Some quotes:
According to a search warrant application filed by Ozark County Prosecutor John Garrabrant, it was a "…lye, that may be used to break down human tissue and/or accelerate the cremation of a human body" that led to the search of Rebecca Rudd's home in Theodosia, Missouri on August 9th.
After a search warrant's approval, deputies made their way onto Rudd's property, finding boxes worth of bone fragments, a meat grinder and 26 bottles of lye. Also found near the burn pile were several cigarette butts.

"We're dealing with someone who's tried to dispose of evidence," Ozark County Sheriff Darrin Reed said Wednesday. "We're not getting any cooperation from the people that live here."
Along with the burned remains found on Rudd's property the returned search warrant says deputies found 20 "boxes" of bone fragments on the farm.

While there is no evidence to prove who the burned remains found on Rudd's property belongs to, the Ozark County Sheriff's Department confirms evidence is being taken to a state crime lab this afternoon.

In an affidavit filed by Ozark County Deputy Curtis Dobbs, Rudd has admitted to punishing her daughter by forcing her to crawl through an open hog pen, bathe in a pond on the property. She also admitted to rubbing salt and alcohol into a "suicidal" cut on Leckie's arm.

:stormingmad:

Everyone that was supposed to love her, failed this poor sweet angel. From the documents:

Ruud maintained periodic contact with Savannah and the adoptive mother. In November of 2016, Ruud was contacted by Savannah’s adoptive mother. Ruud was told that Savannah could not get along with the adoptive mother’s new boyfriend. Ruud agreed to take Savannah back and was delivered to Ruud in Ozark County along with a power of attorney. Since arriving in Missouri, Savannah has been home schooled and has almost no social contacts.

During the course of this investigation, Mr. Buddy Smart, Ruud’s ex-boyfriend, was interviewed by an Ozark County deputy. Mr. Smart said that, while he was seeing Ruud, he saw Ruud discipline Savannah by forcing her to crawl through a hog pen. Savannah was then forced to bathe in a pond on the property. In a later interview with me, Ruud confirmed that this [sic] allegation were true. Ruud also told me that when Savannah made a suicidal gesture by cutting her arm, Ruud scrubbed the affected area with alcohol and salt on a daily basis as a form of discipline.

Urgh I missed the part of adoptive mom and boyfriend.

That is so sad. I could never pick a man over my child.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it just gets worse and worse...I feel so sorry for Savannah - everyone in her life has failed her. I can't imagine living with my adoptive mom all my life then, she gets a boyfriend and kicks me out for a boyfriend??? :banghead::mad:WTH is wrong with these people? It's obvious that the "mother" didn't want her from when she was a baby.

I wonder what this trailer looks like that Savannah was living in?? Poor angel...

I really hope we see an arrest soon in this case. It may take a long time to positively identify the remains but there must be something they can hold the guilty party on while they wait-- Child abuse? Obstructing an investigation?

On page 11 of the search warrants doc it says that Savannah's toothbrush and other personal hygiene items were still at home. Didn't her mother previously say Savannah took "a large number of items" with her? Also interesting from that document is that police have Savannah's laptop now, but her mom gave it to the fire department when she knew police were looking for it. There must be an obstruction charge in there somewhere.... :scared:

Did the "mother" and her boyfriend live in a house and Savannah was made to live in a trailer?????

You know, some cases just grab me more than others for some reason and this is one of them.

From her birth father to her adopted mother.....just UGH. I will get a time out so sitting on my hands. I just have to say that I can't believe that no one knew that her "mother" was abusing her in this way--salt in a cut etc. etc. And NO ONE stood up for Savannah. No one.

I don't have children by choice, but if I chose to, I would never ever choose a man over my child. Same goes if I were to adopt a child. If you make a decision to adopt, you better be in it for life and choose that child first. Always.

Rest in Peace, young Savannah. I hope you found some amount of love, and joy, during your first 15 years. We cannot imagine what you went through, in your last. Well, actually we can, if hog pens and bathing in ponds was a normal punishment. :tears:

I don't think I can read anymore on how this poor girl was treated. Just tossed aside whenever someone got tired of her.

Dogs found the burn pile with the remains. Bless those dogs-- they are amazing!
Wonder why this has been removed. Tried to click on it. Gives me "access denied". Anyone able to view it, right now?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I have typed a comment and erased it several times because I seriously can't put into words what I'm feeling right now.

The fact this 'person' made Savannah crawl through a hog pen has me worried the hogs were involved after her death.

My heart hurts for poor Savannah [emoji174]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Add to this...bio mom's former boyfriend was aware of Savannah's harsh forms of punishment. Bio mom failed to obtain help for Savannah's suicidal ideations.
I just can't even.

Birth mom gives her up for adoption.

The adoptive mom chose a man over her daughter. Sends her back to birth mom in 2016.

Savannah dead in less than a year.

This poor girl never had a chance.

This one... so sad... how are there any words... I, too, keep typing and erasing. And it feels so weird to "thank" a post sharing such awful details and news.

Part of me thinks that we owe this girl something, all of us everywhere, as humanity... a responsibility to one another, especially children and vulnerable adults and animals... and yet...

I can't get anything coherent together to say. We are all mortified, angry, sad, discouraged... this girl was failed on so many levels. Let us not forget and let us be witness (as it were) to justice.

Article on the marriage - same day as bones we're found.

http://www.ozarksfirst.com/news/mis...ere-found-on-mothers-farm-near-theo/786725810

I wonder if they were thinking about spousal privilege. (Don't think it counts for crimes against a minor).

Some quotes:
THEODOSIA, Mo.(Ozark County Times)--The Ozark County Times has confirmed with the Howell County Recorder's Office that Rebecca Ruud, the biological mother of missing 16-year-old Savannah Leckie, and Robert Peat Jr. were married Friday, Aug. 4, in Summersville.
Reed has told area media outlets that he has suspects in the case, but they have not yet been publicly identified.

Applications for the search warrants filed with Ozark County Circuit Court mentioned Robert Peat Jr. as Ruud's boyfriend who lived with Ruud in a "metal structure" on the property while Savannah resided in a "pull behind camper trailer" near the metal structure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back